SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

50 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

They created the position and promoted her to it in order to make her compensation appear in line.  They're comparing a theater major who does the president's scheduling to attorneys.

Like I said before, I'd expect someone in that position to have at least an Educational Administration graduate degree*. 

*What's that? You've heard of an MBA (master of business adminstration), or an MPA (master of public administration); there's an MEA (master of educational administration). They run, like, you know, educational institutions. ;) 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

They created the position and promoted her to it in order to make her compensation appear in line.  They're comparing a theater major who does the president's scheduling to attorneys.

I think both sides are a fair point on the salary portion. It's obvious she's been in this (similar) line of work for an extended period of time, so her major isn't all that relevant at this point, considering her experience, and it appears by all accounts that she does an excellent job, so I'm not all that worked up over that portion. It is probably just as fair to ask why a University President need a $185K/year attorney to be their Chief of Staff when the NDUS has a whole team of legal counsel. Before he was hired, that position did not exist at NDSU, it was created for this specific individual when they realigned legal counsels. Until we know what the actual job duties of each are, tough to make a comparison on the salary portion one way or another.

However, I won't argue that the idea of paying for her travel up to $25K/year is just poor judgement. I understand the explanation they tried to use but they needed to take a step back on that one and see how it looks. Tough to sell the idea on a Chief of Staff who's only present a limited portion of the time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I think both sides are a fair point on the salary portion. It's obvious she's been in this (similar) line of work for an extended period of time, so her major isn't all that relevant at this point, considering her experience, and it appears by all accounts that she does an excellent job, so I'm not all that worked up over that portion. It is probably just as fair to ask why a University President need a $185K/year attorney to be their Chief of Staff when the NDUS has a whole team of legal counsel. Before he was hired, that position did not exist at NDSU, it was created for this specific individual when they realigned legal counsels. Until we know what the actual job duties of each are, tough to make a comparison on the salary portion one way or another.

However, I won't argue that the idea of paying for her travel up to $25K/year is just poor judgement. I understand the explanation they tried to use but they needed to take a step back on that one and see how it looks. Tough to sell the idea on a Chief of Staff who's only present a limited portion of the time.

Wilson still being employed by the state is a separate issue.  This is really dumb by Kennedy, and I've been one of his few remaining supporters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Wilson still being employed by the state is a separate issue.  This is really dumb by Kennedy, and I've been one of his few remaining supporters.

Heard some rumblings when he awarded her the President's Medal of Honor.

"The President’s Medal has been bestowed only about 30 times since 1974, spanning five University presidents."

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Speaking as a guy who works from home most of the time, when you work from home you're always at work. It's not a much fun as one would think. 

How much can be earned working from home and posting on siouxsports?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Wilson still being employed by the state is a separate issue.  This is really dumb by Kennedy, and I've been one of his few remaining 

Ya, I was still in the fence about Kennedy. However after this and the bartender fisaco, it will be hard to defend him. 

I guess Pete Haga is no longer the most overpaid chief of staff in Grand Forks. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Ya, I was still in the fence about Kennedy. However after this and the bartender fisaco, it will be hard to defend him. 

I guess Pete Haga is no longer the most overpaid chief of staff in Grand Forks. 

Don't underestimate Haga.