SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd hope the formula would account for waivered students differently than full tuition students* ...

And @UNDBIZ crushes my hope with ugly reality. 

Let 'em in less than full freight but still get full State dollars. :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not really sure who is the clear cut fav to replace kelly armstrong but this little snippet on becker's wiki is interesting.....

Screenshot 2024-04-22 2.36.20 PM.png

With Becker's "key issues" it would seem he would have been more of a fit running for Governor instead of wanting to join the cesspool in DC

• Like 1

I believe since the schools are in the state constitution, it would be up up to a vote of the people.  Don’t have to worry about the governor or their position. its about collecting enough signatures and winning a vote. Communities of significant population will most likely resolutely vote against as those institutions are considerable economic drivers in their communities like Dickinson, Minot, Valley City, Wahpeton, etc.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, the green team said:

I believe since the schools are in the state constitution, it would be up up to a vote of the people.  Don’t have to worry about the governor or their position. its about collecting enough signatures and winning a vote. Communities of significant population will most likely resolutely vote against as those institutions are considerable economic drivers in their communities like Dickinson, Minot, Valley City, Wahpeton, etc.  

Agreed that a constitutional amendment vote would likely fail, but Mayville and Bottineau should both be closed.  Williston, Bismarck, and Lake Region (Devils Lake) are not in the constitution, but of those, only Devils Lakes could even be considered for closure at this point.

• Like 1