SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northeastern // Mich vs. Notre Dame

AZSIOUX

Well I guess if the TC is going to be hosting games that are as important as a conference tournament championship, they should at least have an overhead camera view so that goals can be reviewed properly.  Just another reason why a basketball arena should not be hosting hockey.  Unreal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't tell anything from the pictures but if you're saying that's a goal then I have nothing to say about the head office of the NCHC or that sorry excuse of a head of officials don adoms!!! UUUGGGHHHH $#&!:@#!;!&!;!:$. Why couldnt he have gone to the small 6 where his precious goofers are???

7 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I can't tell anything from the pictures but if you're saying that's a goal then I have nothing to say about the head office of the NCHC or that sorry excuse of a head of officials don adoms!!! UUUGGGHHHH $#&!:@#!;!&!;!:$. Why couldnt he have gone to the small 6 where his precious goofers are???

If it's a difficult call after looking through our microscope, I don't see how we can criticize the zebras for not disallowing. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, burd said:

If it's a difficult call after looking through our microscope, I don't see how we can criticize the zebras for not disallowing. 

I agree, it would have not been a goal, but with the standard of reviewing everything from sure goals to plays that were not even close to going in the net, it certainly should have at least been looked at.  If that had been in the National Tournament, there certainly would have been more of stink raised by UND fans and coaches.

Can someone clarify, in an earlier post someone mentioned that Coach Berry did not challenge the no goal call and speculated he did not want to risk losing his timeout.  I realize the NHL had instated the coaches challenge that ties it to a timeout but I did not realize it had been adopted by college hockey.  I thought the coaches just chatted with ref (if ref cares too). 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Can someone clarify, in an earlier post someone mentioned that Coach Berry did not challenge the no goal call and speculated he did not want to risk losing his timeout.  I realize the NHL had instated the coaches challenge that ties it to a timeout but I did not realize it had been adopted by college hockey.  I thought the coaches just chatted with ref (if ref cares too). 

It a couple years coaches can challenge. Lucia was pissed this year because it caught the gooph offside and cost them a goal. His only comment was because it was the second period. Their asst coach was on the blue line. 

12 hours ago, BeazSioux said:

Well I guess if the TC is going to be hosting games that are as important as a conference tournament championship, they should at least have an overhead camera view so that goals can be reviewed properly.  Just another reason why a basketball arena should not be hosting hockey.  Unreal.

There were overhead cameras in the Target Center.  They're required by NCAA rules in every hockey arena.  When Walsh and Shepherd reviewed the UMD goal that went in and out quick, they used the overhead shot.  At 4:17 of this video, you can see it's the overhead angle: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1060973320637255&id=169222273145702

I also personally saw the overhead camera.  I'm downloading the CBSSN melt right now for the conference so I'll see if it's included in that highlight package.  They normally include every angle of any good chance so if I see anything, I'll upload it.

But please, keep bashing the Target Center for something that isn't their job.  If you ever understood how official replay works, you know it's the job of the broadcasting network to provide replays.

Wow. This thread has been totally hijacked!:ohmy:

IIRC one of our team's season is going to end tomorrow. I know the Huskies are in Cincinnati a/o last night. They're probably skating at least twice today. What are your guys up to?

I'm really looking forward(?) to seeing your first line in action. The Stevens brothers and ZAR are pretty good, but Boeser's line's stats are really impressive. What do your other lines bring?

48 minutes ago, Hhound said:

Wow. This thread has been totally hijacked!:ohmy:

IIRC one of our team's season is going to end tomorrow. I know the Huskies are in Cincinnati a/o last night. They're probably skating at least twice today. What are your guys up to?

I'm really looking forward(?) to seeing your first line in action. The Stevens brothers and ZAR are pretty good, but Boeser's line's stats are really impressive. What do your other lines bring?

Hahaha welcome to Sioux Sports. We are the kings of the tangent.

Our second line of Rhett Gardner, Luke Johnson and Austin Poganski are big boys that play very physical, but all bring good scoring punch. Poganski and Gardner in particular are dominant in front of the net. Johnson shoots from all angles and the other two try and bang rebounds.

Our third and fourth lines have players that can score. Bryn Chyzyk has a great shot in space, Shane Gersich has game-breaking speed, Coltyn Sanderson has shown a good around the net scoring punch in the second half and Joel Janatuienen is a hard working, two-way player.

I'd take note of our d-corps. Troy Stecher and Tucker Poolman both have dominant playmaking ability. Stecher might be the best player on this team and that includes the CBS line. He does everything for this team. 

Hope that helps.... and makes you nervous :)

• Upvote 1