SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just now, cowboys5xsbs said:

Let's calm down.  We will still be a number 1 seed.  We still have one of the best teams in the NCAA.  We will be OK.  We lost to a team literally fighting for there season in a rink that had never favored us.

I don't mind the loss, but not when they get out played. Duluth beat them to pucks and as soon as our guys had the puck Duluth was all over them

• Upvote 1

Duluth is a tough team to play against when the officials let the stickwork and interference go like they did today. They got called for a hook and a interference penalty in the 1st and I thought Shepherd and Walsh were gonna actually limit that and allow the guys to skate and use their speed a little bit but it was like after the 1st they decided they didn't care anymore about the stickwork and interference stuff and just decided to let it all go. Duluth's goalie also came up big on a few great chances. Cam has to be better going forward the 1st goal was terrible and he looked out of position a lot today. Doesn't matter who Duluth plays in the NCAAs(yes even if it is somehow the Gophers) I hope they lose and their hooking, holding, and after the whistle slashes come back to haunt them. I think this team will be fine going forward whether the #1 in St.Paul or Cincy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Let's calm down.  We will still be a number 1 seed.  We still have one of the best teams in the NCAA.  We will be OK.  We lost to a team literally fighting for there season in a rink that had never favored us.

We will be ok, as long as we play better than tonight. Limited offensive plays. Too many defensive breakdowns. 1 or 2 softies by Cam. They haven't played many bad games this year, but this was piss poor.

Boys better wake the hell up before next weekend. Stecher was the only one playing like he really wanted it out there. Was Caggiula even on the ice; barely heard his name or noticed him.

Very disappointing, not just to lose, but to play like that.