SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

berry is an absolute genius for picking the early game today to make sure that they would be well rested for the all important third place game.  UND+NCHC tourney=joke.

Don't think it really matters what time they play the Friday semifinal game...they still lose the game.

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Duluth is a tough team to play against when the officials let the stickwork and interference go like they did today. They got called for a hook and a interference penalty in the 1st and I thought Shepherd and Walsh were gonna actually limit that and allow us to skate but it was like after the 1st they decided they didn't care anymore about the stickwork and interference stuff and just decided to let it all go. Cam has to be better going forward the 1st goal was terrible and he looked out of position a lot today. Doesn't matter who Duluth plays in the NCAAs(yes even if it is somehow the Gophers) I hope they lose and their hooking, holding, and after the whistle slashes come back to haunt them. I think this team will be fine going forward whether the #1 in Minneapolis or Cincy.

I was seeing the same thing. I was surprised how much clutching and grabbing they do.  Wow. Oh well, can't blame that the Sioux just got outplayed today. 

Just now, crb1 said:

I was seeing the same thing. I was surprised how much clutching and grabbing they do.  Wow. Oh well, can't blame that the Sioux just got outplayed today. 

It is how Duluth has played all year. If officials let it go they can be very tough to play against but if officials call it tight they'll have a parade to the penalty box all game. Who is reffing and how they call it could be pretty crucial for Duluth's success or lack of success in the NCAAs.

• Upvote 1

I could not be more pissed right now. I haven't had a chance to watch this team live in like 7 or 8 year, and was really pumped to buy tickets to a championship game tomorrow night. Not wasting money on a worthless third place game.

I guess we will see if the Sioux land in St Paul next weekend, maybe I'll finally get back to a game.

Just now, SiouxScore said:

It is how Duluth has played all year. If officials let it go they can be very tough to play against but if officials call it tight they'll have a parade to the penalty box all game. Who is reffing and how they call it could be pretty crucial for Duluth's success or lack of success in the NCAAs.

so... if tonight was Shep's last game to ref, we won't have him tomorrow...

3 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

It might be better to go out east as the twin cities post season magic is gone. 1-6 in their last 7 down there. No need to hope to go to the X.

That's 1-1 at the X. 0-5 at the Target Dump. I'll take my chance at the X not out east. 

• Upvote 3

Quick thoughts before we head back for game #2:

UMD was good defensively. Very little time and space.

UMD top line >>> CBS 

Cam has to be better

28 and 4 are a train wreck just waiting to happen

UND's 4th line was invisible

For the first time in a long time shifts were taken off

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Quick thoughts before we head back for game #2:

UMD was good defensively. Very little time and space.

UMD top line >>> CBS 

Cam has to be better

28 and 4 are a train wreck just waiting to happen

UND's 4th line was invisible

For the first time in a long time shifts were taken off

I find it baffling they had Wolanin sitting. Wolanin > Thompson/Shaw.

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

I call this loss on Cam...we only won once all year when we've given up 4...and that was against a weak WMU team.  That first goal was really, really soft

A waif model standing broadside would have stop that one

Did anyone get a look at the save that the UMD goalie made when he was basically in the back of the net. No review was made but I was curious if that puck crossed the line. Also Cagguila and Poolman had real good looks and should have buried their chances. Perhaps that would have changed the outcome. Agreed though Cam has to play better.