SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

13 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Really? "Were you even there?" Great retort. :silly:

Not bashing anyone because they are disappointed. I'm also disappointed. I'm ribbing someone because they are so mad that their post was a bit incoherent, like maybe the poster was intoxicated. Sorry I didn't include a smiley for the thread police. :blink:

And, no, you as a FAN don't deserve a thing. These guys aren't done. And they want to win more than you do.

Many of us have been a fan before these guys were even born. To say we don't want to win just as much as the guys on the ice then why should anyone be a fan then. Only the guys on the ice matter and fans mean nothing . Give me a break and go troll elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ran into my first A-hole usher. Went to say hi to friends in Sec 124 before 2nd game started. Walked thru curtain. Mr. Usher promptly came after my daughter and I. Asked if we had tickets in "his section". I said "no just want to say hello to some friends". He said we need to turn around and go back to our seats. We exchanged a few pleasantries......and then a few more. Pathetic display of muscle flexing.

That sucks. I tried to run out to the bathroom just after the UND lineup last Saturday, before the color guard was even announced, and was basically physically barricaded from leaving. She said they can't let anyone out during the anthem. I was able to return to my seat a good minute before Mark Lindstrom was introduced. This, from the usher that let's EVERYONE that is waiting in at the whistle. We routinely miss 30 seconds of play waiting for people to stumble around and find their seats. Happens a dozen times a game. 

• Upvote 1

This UND team is very good and could win it all.  There are three other teams in the NCHC, two in Hockey East and one in the ECAC about which the same could be said.  Any matchup among those seven teams could go either way, even if both teams were playing at their peak.  

And that's not even counting a bunch of other teams that could step up and beat the frontrunners with a bounce or a hot goalie.  

Sioux fans rightfully feel this might be the year.  But think about St. Cloud fans ... they really feel that way.  And Quinnipiac fans.  And BC fans have seen this movie before, and they know it usually ends with York adding to his legacy.  Tonight was just a taste of what it'll be like for (hopefully) the next two weekends of play.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

US fans didn't deserve to watch a horrible game. I'm sorry I have high expectations. This team is lucky to never have losing seasons. The fans drive hundreds of miles and took off work so yes they darn well deserve a win.

Lucky to never have losing season? Here all along I thought it was the skill and hard work put in by the players and staff. What was I thinking? That's the sixth time they've lost this year, surprised the bandwagon isn't empty.

Maybe it was the fans that didn't want it enough today? They "deserved" a win but couldn't motivate the team enough. Everyone who watched or listened and particularly those who were in attendance should probably take a look in the mirror and ask what they could have done different.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Biddco said:

Looks like the Hawks were too haughty in their play tonight. That's okay I'm feeling pretty haughty after that win :cool:

We were just taking one for Josh Fenton and the conference. Trying to help a fourth NCHC team get into the national tournament since that team couldn't get it done on their own. 

:)

• Upvote 4

I know there are all kinds of cliché's about how the team needed to win this tournament, but I'm not very upset about this loss.  Call it a bit of superstition or just playing the odds.  The burned a loss and got a little reminder today that it's balls to the wall.   The ONLY factor that counts, in my opinion, is Cam's confidence.  Hope that didn't get shaken today.  

Four in a row starting next week. 

12 minutes ago, burd said:

I know there are all kinds of cliché's about how the team needed to win this tournament, but I'm not very upset about this loss.  Call it a bit of superstition or just playing the odds.  The burned a loss and got a little reminder today that it's balls to the wall.   The ONLY factor that counts, in my opinion, is Cam's confidence.  Hope that didn't get shaken today.  

Four in a row starting next week. 

I was flamed earlier this week, or last, I can't remember, for saying this, but I don't believe Cam is that stellar of a goalie. His numbers this season have been inflated by an offense that can maintain control of a zone for large stretches, and a defense that is nearly NHL caliber from top to bottom. He faces shots, but not scoring chances, and if he doesn't control a rebound a defenseman knocks it to the corner. No one will convince me of anything else, no matter the numbers until I see him really go out and bail us out of a game. I've been seeing far too many easy saves going to the back of the net this second half against inferior competition.

• Upvote 1