SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

13 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I was flamed earlier this week, or last, I can't remember, for saying this, but I don't believe Cam is that stellar of a goalie. His numbers this season have been inflated by an offense that can maintain control of a zone for large stretches, and a defense that is nearly NHL caliber from top to bottom. He faces shots, but not scoring chances, and if he doesn't control a rebound a defenseman knocks it to the corner. No one will convince me of anything else, no matter the numbers until I see him really go out and bail us out of a game. I've been seeing far too many easy saves going to the back of the net this second half against inferior competition.

UND got shelled at Duluth this year and came away with two shutout wins.  Outshot 40-22 and 38-20.  Those are the type of games that go against UND occasionally, and I guarantee people post then: "why doesn't a UND goalie ever do that?"  Well, he did.  Just stole the six points.

Just now, GDPritch said:

Too late too little but it actually looked like it was a good few inches over the line.  Amazed they didn't justify reviewing it.  Can make a ton of great saves from inside the goal.

Still baffled why that wasn't reviewed yet Poolmans hit was. 

4 hours ago, dakotadan said:

The boys just look like they aren't into the game. Maybe the coaches should have stuck with the game day routine and picked the evening game. 

Duluth's bear hugs and tackling aren't helping the team get any flow either. I thought the refs were supposed to be putting an emphasis on holding and obstructions. 

Hopefully that goal picks them up. 

Regarding your first statement above, that's exactly what I said on here a few days ago.  Coaches are all about routine, familiarity, ... so why veer from Fri night & Sat night? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Our depth players were absolute non-factors today...a couple flashes from Pogo, but other than that, it was all CBS and Stecher...the rest of the team was non-existent

Come to think of it, did I even hear Luke Johnson's name once? 

49 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Cuz apparently all the goalie has to do is make the save in the net. Ugh im so pissed at the officials and the heads of the nchc, thank God sh*thead is gone, now we just have to deal with sh*thead #2 and I spose boetox anderson

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

Too late too little but it actually looked like it was a good few inches over the line.  Amazed they didn't justify reviewing it.  Can make a ton of great saves from inside the goal.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

14 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Cuz apparently all the goalie has to do is make the save in the net. Ugh im so pissed at the officials and the heads of the nchc, thank God sh*thead is gone, now we just have to deal with sh*thead #2 and I spose boetox anderson

Berry also could have challenged it and him and the rest of the staff chose not too. 

18 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Highlights of the game from the refs gopro

http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-frozen-faceoff-referee-gopro---3-18-16

How many complaints will UND fans have about it? 

I thought it was pretty cool.  The boys didn't deserve to win that game.  Luckily it doesn't matter - yet.  Time to get prepared to strap it up next weekend, when all the "practice games" come to a head.

Go SIOUX!!!

6 hours ago, Biddco said:

That UMD got too #haughty

Our seats were in a predominantly UMD section. Passionate fans, knowledgeable and mostly good folks. One d**k right behind me though.....was that you Biddco?

I kid...I kid.

13 hours ago, Supertrex said:

This is what happens when you play your last four games against Western Michigan and Colorado College. No matter what, you end up playing down a level and then get blasted when you play a real team again. 

I think this is probably a big factor.  On the one hand, I'm bummed they lost.  On the other hand, thank goodness they got to play some real competition before the regional.

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

I think this is probably a big factor.  On the one hand, I'm bummed they lost.  On the other hand, thank goodness they got to play some real competition before the regional.

Not going to getting any easier starting at 3:30 pm today.