SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I find it baffling they had Wolanin sitting. Wolanin > Thompson/Shaw.

Is Shaw good enough to play at UND, at this level?  Just doesn't seem to fit in out there for some reason.  Asking honestly cause I don't know.

10 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I find it baffling they had Wolanin sitting. Wolanin > Thompson/Shaw.

Frankly, I'd rather see both Wolanin and Shaw in the game over Thompson. 

I'm sure everyone here thinks I'm crazy. 

I did not watch the game, I was at work, so I won't comment further. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Frankly, I'd rather see both Wolanin and Shaw in the game over Thompson. 

I'm sure everyone here thinks I'm crazy. 

I did not watch the game, I was at work, so I won't comment further. 

Thompson has been iffy all year.  I wouldn't call him a liability.  Just iffy.  I think Shaw has played pretty well since the first of the year, when he's been given ice time.  I take no issue with Shaw being in the lineup.

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Is Shaw good enough to play at UND, at this level?  Just doesn't seem to fit in out there for some reason.  Asking honestly cause I don't know.

Shaw played well the last two weeks of regular season. He signed before Hak left, before there was an assistant coach opening, if that's the angle you were taking.

Just now, choyt3 said:

Shaw played well the last two weeks of regular season. He signed before Hak left, before there was an assistant coach opening, if that's the angle you were taking.

No angle.  I am asking cause he doesn't look the part.   Maybe he is fine, just asking.

36 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I could not be more pissed right no. I haven't had a chance to watch this template live in like 7 or 8 year, and was really pumped to by tickets to a championship game tomorrow night. Not wasting money on a worthless this place game.

I guess we will see if the Sioux land in St Paul next weekend, maybe Ill finally get back to a game.

You might drink a cup of coffee. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

No angle.  I am asking cause he doesn't look the part.   Maybe he is fine, just asking.

Fair enough. Have heard those rumblings though in the stands this year. All these kids are good. Real good. Look at Sanderson for example. Gets the opportunity for more ice time this year and he has made the most of it.

I think the adjustment to the speed of the game has to be more difficult for a defenseman. In that respect, Shaw (and Wolanin as well) has done quite well. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Right. You deserved a win today. 

US fans didn't deserve to watch a horrible game. I'm sorry I have high expectations. This team is lucky to never have losing seasons. The fans drive hundreds of miles and took off work so yes they darn well deserve a win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I call this loss on Cam...we only won once all year when we've given up 4...and that was against a weak WMU team.  That first goal was really, really soft

Those are the kind of goals that end a season come ncaa tourney time. 

Ran into my first A-hole usher. Went to say hi to friends in Sec 124 before 2nd game started. Walked thru curtain. Mr. Usher promptly came after my daughter and I. Asked if we had tickets in "his section". I said "no just want to say hello to some friends". He said we need to turn around and go back to our seats. We exchanged a few pleasantries......and then a few more. Pathetic display of muscle flexing.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Those are the kind of goals that end a season come ncaa tourney time. 

They are.  And I can guarantee you that no one feels that more than the Seniors in that locker room.  I hope they take this game to heart and recognize that it takes sixty minutes of all out effort to get it done.  One of the things I liked about this team all season is that they could score.  That didn't happen tonight.  We needed to be much better than we played, and those seniors need to figure out how to bring that out for the next five games.  Or they won't get five more games.

• Upvote 2

I am sure there is a good team in that bus somewhere. They have a very respectable record, won prestigious awards including the coach of the year...but have yet to be potty trained in the BIG games.  The team I watched this afternoon definitely were not Sioux quality, and at the risk of being disrespectful - not even Hawk quality!  Perhaps more like chickadee quality. How a collection of young men with such skills can play so poorly is beyond words.  I am upset right now, I don't wish to take anything away from UMD, but in real terms - we beat them four times this year! Our little leprechauns came out strong - then wet their drawers and ran for cover.  Several times I saw them avoid a check, skate past the puck and were generally a step or TWO behind what was supposed to be the inferior team. To blame their performance on the refs, the ice, the building, the city, the price of beer or whatever you choose would merely be enabling such poor performance.  Lets hope they can get their game together before the road to the big dance begins! 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Were you even there? Don't need to bash fans because they are disappointed

Really? "Were you even there?" Great retort. :silly:

Not bashing anyone because they are disappointed. I'm also disappointed. I'm ribbing someone because they are so mad that their post was a bit incoherent, like maybe the poster was intoxicated. Sorry I didn't include a smiley for the thread police. :blink:

And, no, you as a FAN don't deserve a thing. These guys aren't done. And they want to win more than you do.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

You might drink a cup of coffee. 

Why? Just disappointed because I was looking forward to finally watching my team in person for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately tickets are expensive, so I won't be using that money in a third place afternoon game. Just a bummer they lost and a bummer they killed my Saturday night plans.

8 minutes ago, Biddco said:

Looks like the Hawks were too haughty in their play tonight. That's okay I'm feeling pretty haughty after that win :cool:

What would you have said if UMD lost? I'm sure you were just waiting to post this. Lol.

But congrats on the Bulldogs winning. Only took 5 tries for it to finally occur. :)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Why? Just disappointed because I was looking forward to finally watching my team in person for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately tickets are expensive, so I won't be using that money in a third place afternoon game. Just a bummer they lost and a bummer they killed my Saturday night plans.

I hear ya. I planned to drive down tomorrow as well, since I had to work today.