SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Solid win, generated a lot of very good chances maybe didn't put as many as we would like into the net but definitely enough to get the job done. Top to bottom just seemed like UND outworked Omaha and was all over them most of the game causing lots of turnovers. Thought the transition game was pretty good outside of about a 5 or so minute lapse in the 2nd where it got a little sloppy and when the transition game is good it is very tough to beat this team.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 808287 said:

I'll take that win anyday.  Great defensive show by UND, and some excellent offensive chances too.  Road sweeps are sooooo sweet.

GO SIOUX!!!

So are home sweeps against good teams, even if some people don't think they are good teams.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, 808287 said:

I'll take that win anyday.  Great defensive show by UND, and some excellent offensive chances too.  Road sweeps are sooooo sweet.

GO SIOUX!!!

Maybe I am being selfish, but I do wish Cam would have had a shutout tonight.

Even so, this was MUCH better than I expected.  So I guess I am satisfied.

Who am I kidding, I am thrilled!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Maybe I am being selfish, but I do wish Cam would have had a shutout tonight.

Even so, this was MUCH better than I expected.  So I guess I am satisfied.

Who am I kidding, I am thrilled!

Well, in essence, he did shutout UNO.  Schmatlz felt bad and decided he needed to help UNO with an own goal. 

• Upvote 2

That was the best performance of the year! Does anyone wonder why they play simonson so much? He has played a lot of games this year and really has done nothing impressive imo. I wouldn't mind seeing gornall in his spot but doubt that ever happening this late in the year. Feel like he's the next Mario 

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I am starting to really hate Omaha....cheap, cheap team.  

I already hate them. They feel like Gophers South to me. A lot of bitching and moaning to the refs followed by diving. They are a super talented team that plays fast fun hockey and then act like a bunch of babies ruining the entire fun of playing against them. If things start going bad then there is always some slashing after the whistle followed by running to the bench.

17 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

That was the best performance of the year! Does anyone wonder why they play simonson so much? He has played a lot of games this year and really has done nothing impressive imo. I wouldn't mind seeing gornall in his spot but doubt that ever happening this late in the year. Feel like he's the next Mario 

I actually thought Simo played well tonight. Nearly buried a chance to make it 5-1 too.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

The sweep of Denver prior to Christmas break was pretty dang impressive. If we play like we did against Denver that weekend then we are better than any other team in the country.