SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Since I pegged the score the last night, I better stick to my original call :)

6-2 good guys in green... sounds like a lot, but I think we turned it on last night and that keeps rolling tonight.

Cag, Brock, Pogo, LJ, Chyz, KT

2 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

According to Stoney we're still waiting for goals from Pogo and LJ.  He called goals by the first four goal scorers.

After calling the score last night and three of four scorers and getting all four right tonight (missed the score), I chalk up a successful weekend for Stonestadomous :) .... plus, I think I should even get a 5th since Pogo was originally credited with Cag's goal :D.... Hey Goonie... where were you on that sweep call, buddy??? CMON! haha

What an impressive weekend. CBS really got going, Pogo was an absolute animal and our D corps was ridiculously dominant. Sticks in lanes, back checking, winning board battles, smart exits and transitions. Awesome, awesome stuff in our own end.

I think we all forgot a bit over the last month or so how special this team can be when they are rolling four and back checking like demons like they did for 120 minutes against the Mavs. Man, that was fun.

Thanks to the Dawgs for the sweep in Clown. Time to hang another banner. I think it was siouxstudent saying to one of my best friends on Twitter that the conference banner rafter is getting a bit heavy. Time to put a little bit more weight on the green rafter.

This team is special and the ride the rest of the way is going to be a hellva ride, indeed.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

Obviously the cup will be at the Ralph next weekend. Any ideas if they will present it Friday if UND gets a win or tie, or if they'll wait until Saturday regardless?

I'd imagine they wait until Saturday. Would be best saved for the senior send off, IMO.

1 hour ago, Irish said:

I'm a big fan of Blais, but I am beginning to despise Omaha - their play is usually on the edge where chippy meets cheap and their fans are obnoxious and think they are superior without any factual basis.  A real nice road sweep during gut check time.  

They are complete dip sh  ts as a fan base.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I really liked the lineup tonight.  I thought there was good chemistry on all 4 lines.

Agree.  JJ is more effective than Wilke on 3rd line and Gersich with Sanderson and Olson is a great 4th.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Irish said:

I'm a big fan of Blais, but I am beginning to despise Omaha - their play is usually on the edge where chippy meets cheap and their fans are obnoxious and think they are superior without any factual basis.  A real nice road sweep during gut check time.  

Blais has something to do with it but IMO it starts with 2 players:  Guentzel and Cooper. Guentzel is a tremendous talent but he chirps and dives constantly then you add on his stick work after every whistle and Cooper is their pseudo tough guy who is nothing more than an agitator. He would get totally worked in 95% of on ice fights if it came to that. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Blais has something to due with it but IMO it starts with 2 players:  Guentzel and Cooper. Guentzel is a tremendous talent but he chirps and dives constantly then you add on his stick work after every whistle and Cooper is their pseudo tough guy who is nothing more than an agitator. He would get totally worked in 95% of on ice fights if it came to that. 

Guentzel is a player.  I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I don't know, schmaltz hasn't been the same player since the world juniors. Brock is Brock and caggs finally started to look explosive.

I agree about Schmaltz, the line is great though. The same thing happened to Kristo after he returned, if I remember correctly? Just seems different...

I have been pretty good helping struggling players get their mojo back lately 

I would put Schmaltz on a line with the two worst scorers that we thought would be good at that & feature them so everyone really watches them 

The spot lights could be put on them all week in practice 

Then be sure they are the ones interviewed between periods until they can get the spot light off their backs 

Nothing worse than really good players who are introverted & can't handle the pressure or is it they can ? As long as they are left alone ? ? ?

Why do I feel like that progressive insurance talking box or what ever it is ?

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I hypothesize that Schmaltz is dealing with some kind of nagging injury- thats where my mind goes when a star player is just not quite what he's been and we're at the end of the season...

He has still been great in the neutral zone on the back check

• Upvote 3

I hope Cags goes on to be one of the best ever & becomes wealthy beyond belief

& becomes a inspiration to players everywhere

As a fan who loves watching a player develop & get better every year he is a a text book example

Coaches please find a handful of guys like this every year. :D

• Upvote 2