SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING HAWKS @ SCSU - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Okay, you're Brad Berry.  Faceoff in your own zone with 5.2 second left.  Who do you send out to take the critical draw that will ensure the win?

If you answered Freshman Center Rhett Gardner, you're correct.    

What a great move - and great faceoff win - for his confidence.

Especially when we were losing faceoffs all night.

yep. He was coughing up quite a bit more rebounds tonight too. That could be a result of how good St. Cloud's offense is but man, there were a couple juicy rebounds that Cloud didn't bang home.

Looks like he has a nice glove and is quick.  Not what you'd call a calm goalie though. 

You'd have to call him a winner, though, and that's all we can ask for.

• Upvote 1

Solid road win in a game where the Sioux weren't at their best. Some real nice plays but also some bad turnovers, getting caught out of position too much, and just overall sloppy at times. The Caggiula-Schmaltz-Boeser line just completely controlled the game when they were on the ice and it was very fun to watch. I'm skeptical of the 38 shots they had SCSU for but Hrynkiw was tested more tonight and he did enough to get the win but he did seem to be out of position more tonight and struggled with rebound control. It was tough to hear the announcers say Fighting Hawks and I'm glad they didn't use it to much because I don't think I will ever get use to it. Probably need to cut down on the turnovers and just be a little cleaner tomorrow night to get a Fighting Sioux sweep.

Edited by SiouxScore

I didn't see the stats, but it seemed like SCSU had our number...

For sure, they had way too many chances in our end.  Matt the Cat played well, but JBSU just plain missed connecting on a number of opportunities.  And yet....3 points in the bank.  I'll take that any way it comes.  Also, TH recap has us outdrawn 2:1. Ouch.

Edited by 808287
Added info

Great road win by the boys.  They'll need to pick it up tomorrow night.  Hopefully the huskies gassed themselves tonight, they were flying.  If it had not been for the #1 D core in the nation that game could have gotten out of hand.  The refs didn't help us either.

6-3 tomorrow, Wilkie and gersich need to hit the stat sheet here soon.  Wondering if Cam will get a shot, I doubt it.

I have listened to several games this year on IHeart, this was the first game I was able to watch on tv. (Thanks Faison)

-Hrynkiw is a good college goalie

-Stetcher is a stud

-I predicted Gardner would be good for us and he will have a very solid 4 years 

-Team plays with a lot more freedom and I think there is so much more flow with the new staff

• Upvote 1

Good win tonight. Dominated big chunks of that game. CBS is just flat out special. I loved when they were on the ice when the SCSU player had a broken stick. Both Nicky and Boeser attacked him multiple times. Smart, smart, smart.

Hrynkiw did the job and had some HUGE stops, but made me nervous a bit with some juicy rebounds.

The 38 shots are a bit of a joke to me. No way. Anyone else think that number seems way high? I'd love to see the shot charts. Not a crazy amount of Grade As. 

Not trying to be a jerk, but man, Sanderson needs to sit. I like Janatuinen's game much more. Sanderson just never seems to finish, whether it's a check or burying a shot, he's just not doing it for me. Missing the net wide, far side in the slot and creating offsense the other way really pisses me off.

It's time to give Rhett Gardner some love. Nice feed on Drake's PPG, a gritty, net-front goal and a CLUTCH faceoff win in the d-zone with 5 seconds left. This kid gets it. Great game from him.

Well deserved road win. Time for the sweep.

• Upvote 3