SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING HAWKS @ SCSU - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

That penalty on Poganki last night, ddid he even touch the bushy player?

Yes, we were standing on that end of the rink and it happened right under us.   He definitely gave him a cross-check/push.  I was afraid they might give a 5 being the SCSU player went hard into the boards.   I think it was a good call for a 2 min minor.

Yes, we were standing on that end of the rink and it happened right under us.   He definitely gave him a cross-check/push.  I was afraid they might give a 5 being the SCSU player went hard into the boards.   I think it was a good call for a 2 min minor.

ok, it happened to fast i guess, and I meant to to put husky player, I got a new phone and havnt changed the texting part yet so it's changing words for me

I wouldn't mind seeing them each play a game every weekend.  The main thing Sanderson brings that Janatuinen doesn't is quality PK time.  SCSU essentially had 6 minutes of straight PP to end the 2nd period, so having an extra PKer on the roster can be vital.

Agreed that having solid D gives this line more freedom.  I also think their speed and effort helps too.  Those three are some of the best backcheckers on the team.  I continue to be amazed at some of the defensive plays they make, especially Cags and Boeser.

LOVE the backchecking from these three. Keep that up and all three of them will be NHL players. Love the effort.