SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

18 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Here we go again, on the merry go round.....

This is when I say, don't bite the hand that feeds you! Don't you ever get tired of this same argument? How many times have you done this?

Dude, it was a joke.  Hence the smiley face!!  Calm down buddy.  We are all on the same team here!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:23 PM, TRex said:

And there lies the problem.   Until people start accepting the new name the wounds will just continue to fester and the entire program will be stuck in the past and dragged down.   We are trying to move forward and can't.   I'll grant you, Hawks wasn't my first choice.  Hell, it wasn't even my 5th choice but we have it, so let use it.   I'm sure the new recruits we are dealing with would be more comfortable with the Hawks name since that's what it is.   It is what it is and it's not going to change.   Why make things so miserable?

Not so sure on the new recruits being more comfortable with the Hawks name or embracing it at least for the hockey recruits. If you look at the guys who are currently committed and their tweets announcing their commitment most have the #Sioux or #FightingSioux at the end of them.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Not so sure on the new recruits being more comfortable with the Hawks name or embracing it at least for the hockey recruits. If you look at the guys who are currently committed and their tweets announcing their commitment most have the #Sioux or #FightingSioux at the end of them.

As they Should.  Go Sioux!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I actually feel sorry for the firm that took on this job, I think the best they can hope for is indifference, but I think it will be years before people embrace the new logo and nickname en mass. Right now you have a group of people who seem to be embracing it, though I get the impression that is more about wanting to seem like they are more mature than the 2nd slightly larger group of people who want to try and kill the new nickname if at all possible. I think though that the largest group of people would be the fans who are wore out and indifferent the the whole new nickname thing. Most would probably rather be Fighting Sioux or No nickname but at this point were just tired of this crap. So there is my 2 cents, If I were the new logo people I would say be bold and try to think outside the bird but prepare to feel a lot of hate and indifference to the new logo.

10 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I actually feel sorry for the firm that took on this job, I think the best they can hope for is indifference, but I think it will be years before people embrace the new logo and nickname en mass. Right now you have a group of people who seem to be embracing it, though I get the impression that is more about wanting to seem like they are more mature than the 2nd slightly larger group of people who want to try and kill the new nickname if at all possible. I think though that the largest group of people would be the fans who are wore out and indifferent the the whole new nickname thing. Most would probably rather be Fighting Sioux or No nickname but at this point were just tired of this crap. So there is my 2 cents, If I were the new logo people I would say be bold and try to think outside the bird but prepare to feel a lot of hate and indifference to the new logo.

They're working on an entire brand, not just a logo. But if they aren't successful in getting people to embrace the new logo I don't think they are going to lose much sleep. It's hard to feel a lot of "hate and indifference to the new logo" when you live 1,500 miles away. I think they are enjoying an interesting challenge in the project and will do as good a job as they can, just like they have done for their other clients. Then they will move on to the next project like professionals.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

It's hard to feel a lot of "hate and indifference to the new logo" when you live 1,500 miles away.

A sure-fire, three-step process for SME to ward off the inevitable "hate and indifference":

1.  Live in NYC.

2.  Make a ton of money on the job.

3.  Avoid SiouxSports.com like the plague. I truly believe that >99% of the "hate and indifference" is perpetuated by a handful of posters here. I have not found that this board is reflective of the community at large. From the huge disconnect in nickname polling to the utter lack of SS bile, venom, and vitriol among real grown-up humans you meet on the street, I feel sorry for the casual reader here who might assume that this site accurately depicts the name-and-logo climate in GF.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

A sure-fire, three-step process for SME to ward off the inevitable "hate and indifference":

1.  Live in NYC.

2.  Make a ton of money on the job.

3.  Avoid SiouxSports.com like the plague. I truly believe that >99% of the "hate and indifference" is perpetuated by a handful of posters here. I have not found that this board is reflective of the community at large. From the huge disconnect in nickname polling to the utter lack of SS bile, venom, and vitriol among real grown-up humans you meet on the street, I feel sorry for the casual reader here who might assume that this site accurately depicts the name-and-logo climate in GF.

Then you are running in a different crowd than I am. Most people I have talked to who are NOT forum readers feel either "hate or indifference" for the new logo. 

• Upvote 1

In Phoenix recently, wore my North Dakota cap with the interlocking ND. 5 of the 7 days there someone would come up to me and say they knew someone from Notre Dame. That cap is back on the shelf. I preferred North Dakota, the interlocking ND not so much. So until there is something different that I can be proud of, the Sioux gear is back on.