SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

20 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

In Phoenix recently, wore my North Dakota cap with the interlocking ND. 5 of the 7 days there someone would come up to me and say they knew someone from Notre Dame. That cap is back on the shelf. I preferred North Dakota, the interlocking ND not so much. So until there is something different that I can be proud of, the Sioux gear is back on.

Riveting.

29 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

In Phoenix recently, wore my North Dakota cap with the interlocking ND. 5 of the 7 days there someone would come up to me and say they knew someone from Notre Dame. That cap is back on the shelf. I preferred North Dakota, the interlocking ND not so much. So until there is something different that I can be proud of, the Sioux gear is back on.

I guess staying "North Dakota" wouldn't have worked out so well...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I've never understood why people are concerned with what other people think of their school - supporting clothing choices.  I wear my UND green and white borat mankini to the beach because I want to; not to elicit a reaction from others. 

Pictures or it never happened.

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

How in the world do you get the connection between an unlicensed vendor (which is what this picture shows) and UND's athletic department? 

because that picture sums up our whole identity as an athletic department...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

How in the world do you get the connection between an unlicensed vendor (which is what this picture shows) and UND's athletic department? 

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm impressed with Bubba and his staff . . . they are owning the Fighting Hawks name, and I'm pretty sure Bubba has some Sioux / ND roots that could make him fight the system on this one.  Own the name, move on, and just go with it.  I used to just be baffled by the whole name situation, but now, I'm all for taking the Sioux name off of EVERYTHING.  No more Sioux Falls, no more Sioux CIty, no more Sioux River . . . if that's what the system wants, erase it from EVERYTHING.  You can't tell me that naming a University after the Sioux is racist, but some dumpy little town on the Missouri river using it is just fine.  ???

All or nothing, I say.  Then it makes sense.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 77iceman said:

I'm impressed with Bubba and his staff . . . they are owning the Fighting Hawks name, and I'm pretty sure Bubba has some Sioux / ND roots that could make him fight the system on this one.  Own the name, move on, and just go with it.  I used to just be baffled by the whole name situation, but now, I'm all for taking the Sioux name off of EVERYTHING.  No more Sioux Falls, no more Sioux CIty, no more Sioux River . . . if that's what the system wants, erase it from EVERYTHING.  You can't tell me that naming a University after the Sioux is racist, but some dumpy little town on the Missouri river using it is just fine.  ???

All or nothing, I say.  Then it makes sense.

Which Bubba...  Football Bubba?

On 4/7/2016 at 3:36 PM, Fetch said:

So would u make a deal with the devil (I know Kelly already moved away)  :silly:

& agree to start calling our team the Fighting Hawks if it would guarantee a Natty ?

Like I stated before: Mother Karma seemed to interject this weekend...and she finally did it in a positive way.  

Coincidence?

• Downvote 1

So there is a a lot of talking about what is to be done with the new banners that will be going up on other threads.  Will be curios to see what they do when the new logo comes out in May.  Will the new logo be on the 2 new banners going up?  An even bigger question will be will the REA put the new logo at center ice?!! Also, new jerseys are going to be ordered.  Will the new jerseys have the new name and/or logo predominately on the front of the jersey?

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So there is a a lot of talking about what is to be done with the new banners that will be going up on other threads.  Will be curios to see what they do when the new logo comes out in May.  Will the new logo be on the 2 new banners going up?  An even bigger question will be will the REA put the new logo at center ice?!! Also, new jerseys are going to be ordered.  Will the new jerseys have the new name and/or logo predominately on the front of the jersey?

Hockey jerseys for next year were already ordered, so there is probably no chance that a new logo will be on them for next year.