SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

g_s thanks for your work on this - good job making us think & get excited about the possibility - I agree 100% that those that have not been involved can't possibly understand 

Like the idiot cub reporter from the Fargo Foolum that asked Schloss why he cares & covers this - I'd say because he gets it & obviously this reporter doesn't - just imagine what out of State "professionals " that for $$$ only will present 

& who is going to choose ?

• Upvote 1

...I agree 100% that those that have not been involved can't possibly understand 

...just imagine what out of State "professionals " that for $$$ only will present 

Insularity, arrogance, self-importance.  North Dakota in a nutshell.

God forbid UND look for the best and most qualified, or even dare to look outside of Grand Forks.  Because, hey, we just got rid of a head logo, in profile, looking left, with colored feathers, and that one worked well enough for us.  So, instead of opening our minds to new ideas, let's just hunker down and do the same, exact thing...in bird form.

c6912089d58fe824549c538d48b7dc0a49c4042a

God forbid UND look for the best and most qualified, or even dare to look outside of Grand Forks.  Because, hey, we just got rid of a head logo, in profile, looking left, with colored feathers, and that one worked well enough for us.  So, instead of opening our minds to new ideas, let's just hunker down and do the same, exact thing...in bird form.

well this should be well received 

I was wondering when someone would come on here and completely rip the first actual valuable contribution to a logo I've yet to see. You're right Noise, geauxsioux should be ashamed of posting this well thought out logo that people are in favor of. 

Party on Garth!

• Upvote 1

Oh, maybe people have issues because these so called outsiders pushed us towards this less than unique nickname.  So, if we have the same outsiders pick the logo, we could very well end up with the same result, when for a lot of us, a great logo is needed to salvage some sort of pride out of our new nickname.  Pardon us for knowing what we like without being pushed in a direction in what we should like.  Obviously many of us like the theme behind geaux sioux's preliminary design, and would like to see how it could look with the right tweaks.

I sent an email to Faison and Walton. Walton replied how I figured she would. Basically she reiterated the whole request for proposals process and how UND is not soliciting or accepting suggestions outside of that process. It seems clear that the only way the public will get what they want is to make enough noise. Once again the best way is bombard Faison, Kelley, Walton, and Johnson with emails expressing your opinion in a professional way.