SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

This observation (and the litany of nitpicking that precedes it) is but one reason why you need to consider handing this off to a professional designer who has no connection to UND.  Ben Brien, a current student, a "local artist," a siouxsports.com poster with 6,838 posts…with all due respect, none of these people have sufficient objectivity or a broad-enough world view, and will likely try too hard and their work will suffer for it.

That's the problem. No connection to UND. How could they possibly understand the standard? They don't know the struggle of the past 15 years. I find it hard to believe that a logo from some random company would be accepted the same way as a local design.

White one. For whatever reason the green gets all jacked up when I put it on this site, I used the official colors of the athletic department.

You weren't kidding.  I downloaded the green one to play around with it in Photoshop and it definitely opens up as the right green.  Looks a lot better, but still pretty busy.

Edit:  It's because it was created in CMYK colors and not RGB.  Hosting sites apparently can't distinguish that way.  FYI, I made a couple changes and cleaned it up a little bit:

FHawks.jpg

Edited by southpaw

Black is the best -although the other two are growing on me too - lets use all 3 - Green on White uniforms - Black on White & White on Black that would be Unique & boost sales

Edited by Fetch

My issue is that the more bare it gets the more it looks like other hawk logos. 

Definitely a fair observation.  Looking at my most recent attempt on your logo, I'd definitely put the red back in the eye and would look to add back a couple of the black blocks in the upper-center of the head

Edited by UNDBIZ

Maybe I'm seeing things but I could swear there's a word in those feathers....:)  Nice try.

Took me a while but I see it.

That would be sweet.

If Brien did the new logo, that's something he'd probably do. Just like he did with his name in the Sioux logo.

Edited by Cratter