SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

I disagree with this 1000%. 

fighting hawks logo concept white tip.jpg

I disagree with the article as well. If good ideas come locally, use the professionals to come up with the entire brand package while incorporating the local ideas. That's where a logo companie's value will be. 

I would proudly wear this logo not only because how great it looks but also because it was designed by one of us, who is passionate about the university, its players and fans. 

I would love to see it materialize.

• Upvote 3

Is this better?

fighting hawks small logo.jpg

I like this logo. However, I think it is too black.  Needs more color.  I know we aren't the Green Hawks (thank God) but I think it needs to use our school colors more.  I would like to see this with maybe the green and the black reversed., at least on the head.  The black on the beak can stay.    Just my thoughts.

Edited by Siouxperfan7

Of course they do. The fact is that feathers must be grown on a bird before they are put on a headdress. They are not different feathers!

You can pretend all you want that this doesn't imitate native head dress, but we all know those feathers are arranged that way for a reason.  The NCAA is going to take a very close look at whatever we adopt and if we keep pulling stunts like this we not make the playoffs with an 11-0 record.   This is the main reason Kelley is having a hired firm do the drawing and then we can finally move on.