Nickname Vote: Runoff: Exit Poll

Siouxperfan7

Exit Poll  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for

• Fighting Hawks
    • Roughriders
    • Nodaks

Interesting how much more lobbying there is on this forum this week than during the last vote. I guess its a reaction to the anti-Hawks crowd being surprised by its strong showing in the first round.

The lobbying will be over after this week. No one left to convince on this site its 94% for RR/Nodaks vs the 6% for FH.

145 votes this time vs 241. Approx 60% of the original exit poll. Will the actual vote also see the same decline? Which nickname will suffer from the largest drop off? Which one will benefit? 

Since the vote closes at noon, will the results be made public by close of business today?

145 votes this time vs 241. Approx 60% of the original exit poll. Will the actual vote also see the same decline? Which nickname will suffer from the largest drop off? Which one will benefit? 

Since the vote closes at noon, will the results be made public by close of business today?

Voting closes at 11:59 pm today.

• Upvote 1

A comparable drop in votes would not surprise me. Additionally, I suspect many of those whose first choice is gone will not vote this time. 

A comparable drop in votes would not surprise me. Additionally, I suspect many of those whose first choice is gone will not vote this time. 

That might take some potential votes away from Fighting Hawks, as I think the North Stars/Sundog voters would likely jump on the FH bandwagon if they vote this time.

The first exit poll was not even close to being a representation of the overall UND general public, so my guess is a lot of us just haven't bothered to complete this poll.  

And besides, until our votes sell on Craigslist, we really don't know what name our vote will be cast for.  :)

Edited by Siouxphan27
i'm slightly retarded
  • Upvote 1

I think people are just tired of this process.  Each decision has led to a follow up announcement the following week by UND "leadership".  Myself personally, I couldn't vote Monday and it slipped my mind until I saw this thread again.  If the administration has wanted to wear everyone down with this process, they won.  I'm ready for it to be over.  Unfortunately when the name is announced, I know it won't be the end.  

I think people are just tired of this process.  

Chicken dinner. 

If the administration has wanted to wear everyone down with this process, they won.  I'm ready for it to be over.  Unfortunately when the name is announced, I know it won't be the end.  

Extra drum stick. 

Unfortunately when the name is announced, I know it won't be the end.  

Extra breast and wing plus two scoops of 'slaw. 

I think you get a few average joes across the country that don't follow it close. Saw a vote for UND nickname and all the hype. Voted. And probably thought that was the end of it.

This is absolutely true. You see a post of Facebook from UND or someone reposting it and some of the comments coming from out of the area UND alum are amazing. Many of them say they want to remain the Sioux like that is an option. Others have no idea about what went down and how we got to where we are. Many have no idea there was a lawsuit and conflict with the NCAA....

Edited by petey23
  • Upvote 1

Well my wife voted today - I left it completely up to her as I am hardcover Sioux for Life (& damned proud of it) I don't even know for sure but I'd bet Hawks - she too would never vote for roughriders & she is undoubtedly the smartest person I have ever known 

Edited by Fetch

The first exit poll was not even close to being a representation of the overall UND general public, so my guess is a lot of us just haven't bothered to complete this poll.  

And besides, until our votes sell on Craigslist, we really don't know what name our vote will be cast for.  :)

You are correct.  Can't read anything into our exit poll.  We are the fringe...