SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU Predictions

UND Fan

A letdown is bound to happen at some point.  Injuries become more apparent late in the game.

ISU 27

Sioux 24

They better be able to score more than 24. Idaho State's defense is HORRIBLE. I don't buy all the unfounded negativity from the pundits and naysayers; when you rush for 200+ yards two games in a row, your offense is not "bad". UND should/better be able to move up and down the field on these guys. 

• Upvote 1

They better be able to score more than 24. Idaho State's defense is HORRIBLE. I don't buy all the unfounded negativity from the pundits and naysayers; when you rush for 200+ yards two games in a row, your offense is not "bad". UND should/better be able to move up and down the field on these guys. 

I don't know what the national ranking is but the O is ranked last in the conference in total offense.

If we embrace the #1 ranking of the defense, we can't ignore the last place offense.

That's why I like this matchup with ISU.  Their D is ranked near the bottom of the conference.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what the national ranking is but the O is ranked last in the conference in total offense.

If we embrace the #1 ranking of the defense, we can't ignore the last place offense.

That's why I like this matchup with ISU.  Their D is ranked near the bottom of the conference.

UND is not the worst offense in the league, if that's what you're implying via certain statistics. The worst offense in the league would not allow the team to be leading the conference in total wins. UND doesn't need to put up huge yards and points when they have the lead and a top ranked defense. If you look at offensive turnovers and rushing yards per game, which is actually complementary towards the defense, UND is one of the better teams in the Big Sky Conference.

Stats can lie if you're not interpreting them correctly. 

UND is not the worst offense in the league, if that's what you're implying via certain statistics. The worst offense in the league would not allow the team to be leading the conference in total wins. UND doesn't need to put up huge yards and points when they have the lead and a top ranked defense. If you look at offensive turnovers and rushing yards per game, which is actually complementary towards the defense, UND is one of the better teams in the Big Sky Conference.

Stats can lie if you're not interpreting them correctly. 

who was that economics prof back in the 70's who assigned the book "How to lie with statistics"?

all I remember is "everybody want Cadillac". (70's are a really foggy memory)

Agreed, I don't think our offense is bad. I do think it is still somewhat unproven. We know what they are capable of, but whether or not they can utilize that capability on a consistent basis is what I want to see them prove. In some ways, this makes them their own worst enemy. If they utilize their talent, they win, if they don't, they struggle.

They should win this, and they should score more than 24. Hopefully they play the kind of ball that they have been recently.

• Upvote 1

UND   34

ISU     24

Same story offensively as last week, except we end a few more drives with touchdowns, and zero balls thrown into quintuple coverage.

Defense lets a few big pass plays get by them.    Besides a kick in the head, what did I win for picking the closest to correct score last week?        

9800 for Potato Bowl. No excuse we shouldn't draw 10 tomorrow.

Yes my bad. I thought Potato Bowl was last game.

But it was the home opener. Which is usually the most attended game of the year.

Last game was under 9,000. Which is probably about what it'll be tomorrow if I had to guess.

Yes my bad. I thought Potato Bowl was last game.

But it was the home opener. Which is usually the most attended game of the year.

Last game was under 9,000. Which is probably about what it'll be tomorrow if I had to guess.

last home game was the aftermath of the NDSU beat down. This game is the aftermath of beating a ranked opponent and being ranked ourselves. I predict close to 10k, if it goes over then that's great.

If the Bengal defense is as bad as its previous games indicate, we should be able to play our ball control game to great effect, keeping Ratelle and company fresh. Just don't put the ball on the ground four or five times like we did last week...we may not get all but one of those fumbles back today.

Edited by TBR
  • Upvote 1

I'm not a naysayer, just had a bad feeling that the injuries in the secondary would be problematic.  You can say next man up all you want, but when you lack experience and depth this is what happens.  Unfortunately this was a game this team had to win for a playoff birth.