SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

Should've lost three more (two at home). They were literally three plays away from being 0-3 after their first three games. While there is something to be said for finding a way to win the close ones, the fact of the matter is they are no longer anywhere near as dominant as they have been for the better part of the last five years.

And we are 3 plays away from being 2 and 5.  We are also 2 plays away from being 7 - 0.   These types of comparisons aren't going to go in our favor until we win some playoff games, and they ARE going to go in FUs favor until they loose some playoff games.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Can you point me to where this is happening?

I think some of it is our (UND FB fans) own doing.  I know many of us thought that we had an easy schedule going into the season, which is why the expectations for a good record were really high. (Many were thinking 9-2, which is actually still possible. Some thought 10-1 was possible, and pretty much everyone agreed that anything less than 8-3 would be a disappointment.)  But it's appearing that as the season rolls on, the 2016 schedule is NOT full of cupcakes like some thought, so the fact that we are still on track for potential 8-3 or 9-2 is really an indication that the team is probably exceeding expectations (thus far).  I think the fans expectations are adjusting as the season moves too.  Did anyone think that talk of a top 8 seed in FCS playoffs would appear on this board in 2016? (Still don't know if we're top 8 material, but it's been put out there.)

1 hour ago, Sioux95 said:

And we are 3 plays away from being 2 and 5.  We are also 2 plays away from being 7 - 0.   These types of comparisons aren't going to go in our favor until we win some playoff games, and they ARE going to go in FUs favor until they loose some ROAD playoff games.

fixed

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

I think some of it is our (UND FB fans) own doing.  I know many of us thought that we had an easy schedule going into the season, which is why the expectations for a good record were really high. (Many were thinking 9-2, which is actually still possible. Some thought 10-1 was possible, and pretty much everyone agreed that anything less than 8-3 would be a disappointment.)  But it's appearing that as the season rolls on, the 2016 schedule is NOT full of cupcakes like some thought, so the fact that we are still on track for potential 8-3 or 9-2 is really an indication that the team is probably exceeding expectations (thus far).  I think the fans expectations are adjusting as the season moves too.  Did anyone think that talk of a top 8 seed in FCS playoffs would appear on this board in 2016? (Still don't know if we're top 8 material, but it's been put out there.)

From 3-8 when Muss left just 3 seasons ago to first place in the BSC with 4 games left is a huge turnaround. Bubba has this team on the right track. 

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU hasn't lost a game that matters in 5 years..................................let's not throw too many stones about a regular season loss around here.

Every time they lose one everyone tries to hard to say they have regressed back to everyone else. They have a couple of weaknesses this year but they are still very very good and they know how to win. The only team they've had without any chinks in the armor was 2013. They just always find a way. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU hasn't lost a game that matters in 5 years..................................let's not throw too many stones about a regular season loss around here.

I agree with you, but this years team seems different than teams from the past, 2 overtime wins at home and a loss? Also, have tough finish out with Youngstown State, I would say lucky at home but not maybe this year and then 3 tough ones on the road, USD, W. Ill , and probably UNI's last chance to salvage season. What if they lose 2-3 of those games?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

I agree with you, but this years team seems different than teams from the past, 2 overtime wins at home and a loss? Also, have tough finish out with Youngstown State, I would say lucky at home but not maybe this year and then 3 tough ones on the road, USD, W. Ill , and probably UNI's last chance to salvage season. What if they lose 2-3 of those games?

After all the !@#$ they've given us? Probably something like this.

image.jpg

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

Than they finish 7-4 and make the playoffs.  

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's also not shed any tears for them either. Whatever we dish out to them, they have earned and then some.

Also, anything that puts a stop to all that "Bring on Bama" garbage is good, IMHO.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If I was Faison, I would bid whatever it took to get the game. That alone would drive the FU faithful nuts.

That's kind of what I was thinking.  Do whatever it takes.  Nothing would energize our community and alumni like that game.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

From 3-8 when Muss left just 3 seasons ago to first place in the BSC with 4 games left is a huge turnaround. Bubba has this team on the right track. 

Leading Big Sky coach of the year candidate.  If we win(share) the Big Sky Championship, there is no debate that he should win it.  #LeaveNoDoubt

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Let's also not shed any tears for them either. Whatever we dish out to them, they have earned and then some.

Also, anything that puts a stop to all that "Bring on Bama" garbage is good, IMHO.

That will be the chant down in Brookings.