SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Likely will only drop to #15 in the polls. 

Really could care less about polls but they seem to mean something to playoff committee. If UND wins tonight NO poll should have UNI or SDSU ahead of UND. We will have the same or better record and have wins against teams that beat both of those schools. I'm sure there will be 7 MVFC schools in the top 15 though. Such a joke.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

USD will win this game.  this is big for UND.  UNI with 3 losses and still to play NDSU and SDSU.

With this win, USD will be rated higher than UND in the polls (even with a win tonight) and UNI will still be in the top 20

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, zonadub said:

With this win, USD will be rated higher than UND in the polls (even with a win tonight) and UNI will still be in the top 20

Only if your QB could throw an out route, wouldn't that have been great for you.

USD didn't even get a vote last week.  You guys get even less respect than UND in the polls.  I don't think the yotes crack the top 25 after this win, need to string a few W's together.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Looking over the scores this morning it appears we got a little help from most of our non-conference opponents: USD took care of UNI and Stony got past Townson. Bowling Green just sucks...if we played them now I bet we win by two scores. 

Bowling Green is absolutely reeling right now. They actually had confidence when we played them because they still thought they would be good. I'd bet we'd handle them pretty soundly now too. Really sucks that we let that one slip away.... Those first two games..... ugh.

• Upvote 1

Did't want to start a new thread for this.  Not FCS, but technically a non UND football topic.  

http://www.startribune.com/sources-target-field-to-host-st-johns-vs-st-thomas-football-in-2017/397095471/

NDSU was the talk of getting this game.  I think its smart to have two local teams play.  Attendance is going to be bpretty high, considering that the Tommie-Johnie games always draw a big crowd.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Did't want to start a new thread for this.  Not FCS, but technically a non UND football topic.  

http://www.startribune.com/sources-target-field-to-host-st-johns-vs-st-thomas-football-in-2017/397095471/

NDSU was the talk of getting this game.  I think its smart to have two local teams play.  Attendance is going to be bpretty high, considering that the Tommie-Johnie games always draw a big crowd.

According to the article, the ndsu game was rumored for 2018, so it may still be in play.

On 10/8/2016 at 5:48 PM, zonadub said:

On 10/8/2016 at 6:00 PM, gundy1124 said:

Only if your QB could throw an out route, wouldn't that have been great for you.

USD didn't even get a vote last week.  You guys get even less respect than UND in the polls.  I don't think the yotes crack the top 25 after this win, need to string a few W's together.

Forgot to check back.  As I thought, Yotes still on the outside looking in.  You probably thought if you beat one of the messianic MVC teams you automatically become messianic youself......not the case.

19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Forgot to check back.  As I thought, Yotes still on the outside looking in.  You probably thought if you beat one of the messianic MVC teams you automatically become messianic youself......not the case.

You must think (by the tone of your post) that I am a 'Yote fan. No.  The original post you quoted was a sarcastic remark about how the polls discount the Big Sky and seemingly bow down to the MVFC.

45 minutes ago, zonadub said:

You must think (by the tone of your post) that I am a 'Yote fan. No.  The original post you quoted was a sarcastic remark about how the polls discount the Big Sky and seemingly bow down to the MVFC.

With a Coyote profile.....I wasn't sure.  OK, you're not crazy then.

26 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

With a Coyote profile.....I wasn't sure.  OK, you're not crazy then.

No. live in roadrunner/coyote country (Arizona). About an hour west of a mountain formation that was the inspiration for the domino effect of tall rock formations in the cartoon. 

Chiricahua Mountains in Cochise County, AZ

IMG_1005.JPG

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Bison lose on purpose once every year to keep the players heads in the game and continue the fire going.

Yeah, they need to lose enough to lose home field in the playoffs for losses to be of any consequence.