SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

9 hours ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Wrong!!!  The Fargo Dome is full of Fhawk fans!!!  So cheering Sioux Such when a Fhawk is sitting right next to you in his season ticket seats... that he or she is also a contributing Team Maker so they can purchase said seats year after year makes total sense to me.  The Fhawk that sits behind me is even in the UND hall of fame! Lol.  He is also a Team Maker and comes to every Bison game... 

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I didn't think much of that play when I saw it from the camera angle behind the play....changed my mind when I saw the view from the side. Unnecessary in my opinion.

Two separate issues. Mixed opinion on whether it was dirty or not. The linebackers only other choice was to let go with how he slid down the ball carrier and was about to break free while he was still moving forward. However, regardless of what your feelings on the play, it doesn't excuse adults for sending messages directly to student athletes calling them names and using hashtags like #bounty.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, homer said:

This is ridiculous.  Who cares, they are college kids.  Let them have fun. 

On the one hand, I say let them keep chanting. Its tradition, they're just having fun, it gets blown out of proportion.

On the other hand, maybe they drop the Sh&t, as it is a family environment.

Its not worse than, F&#k the Gophers. Thats become kind of embarassing, but will probably never stop. Wish the kids could get a little more creative. Pretty sure the gopher student section chants something similar to the Bison, even when we don't play them.

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Christian Rozeboom's mentions (though not lakes that I saw, he's busy commenting on GF Herald's facebook page instead)

Thats pretty pathetic. Though that was a nasty way to take the kid down. Getting to the ankle and gator rolling.

Fans need to remember these are kids playing, not pro athletes though. The game is played fast, and in the moment you are sometimes just trying to make the play. And some Bison fans need to get off there pedestal; Bison players are capable of making cheap plays as well. Remembering Arnell.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thats pretty pathetic. Though that was a nasty way to take the kid down. Getting to the ankle and gator rolling.

Fans need to remember these are kids playing, not pro athletes though. The game is played fast, and in the moment you are sometimes just trying to make the play. And some Bison fans need to get off there pedestal; Bison players are capable of making cheap plays as well. Remembering Arnell.

It was not cheap, he rolled because the RB tried to keep going and pull away.  What Wentz did to Arnell was cheap.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

It was not cheap, he rolled because the RB tried to keep going and pull away.  What Wentz did to Arnell was cheap.  

I didn't say it was cheap, I just said it was a nasty way to take the kid down. As in .... "Ouch!" Obviously if he could have taken him down above the knee he would have, as it would have been faster and more effective. Can't always control the exact way to do that when the play is moving full speed.

13 hours ago, UND-1 said:

I agree. Its called tackle football. If the runner is still on his feet and trying to pull away the player is just trying to get him to the ground. He doesnt have the time to think.

I think it was a cheap/dirty play.  Watching the angle from behind.......he had him by the ankle...if he just holds onto the ankle he's not going anywhere......then he does a gator roll to turn the guys leg.  To me this is about as dirty as it gets, and he actually had his leg for a second....and then spins himself to turn it deliberately.  I guess I disagree with some....we all have our own opinion.  However I'm guessing if that was Santiago's leg most here would be calling it a dirty play, so I am calling it a dirty play even if it's against NDSU. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

NAU up 14-3.

Anyone know what happened to USD's QB Streveler? He didn't play today and they still downed a mighty mvfc squad. 

Probably has internal bleeding. He's been getting the !@#$ beat out of him every single play. Tougher than hell though. There's no way he didn't get a concussion against UNI.