SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

17 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Think i seen that Craig Hailey said he would be eligible for a medical redshirt and have 3 more years at NAU.

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pretty certain he can use a regular redshirt.

I saw that as well but I am pretty sure he'd need an exemption from the standard policy. He played in 4 games (36%), which is over the 30% threshold typically used. He definitely wouldn't be able to just "use" a regular redshirt since he played this year.

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

• The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
  • The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
  • The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
  • The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I saw that as well but I am pretty sure he'd need an exemption from the standard policy. He played in 4 games (36%), which is over the 30% threshold typically used. He definitely wouldn't be able to just "use" a regular redshirt since he played this year.

O ok. Ive heard that sometimes you can send it in to the NCAA and there are chances that they can still get a medical redshirt. Didnt bubba say that Clive might be able to get a medical redshirt even though he already had one in Arizona? Its all up to the NCAA maybe?

34 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

O ok. Ive heard that sometimes you can send it in to the NCAA and there are chances that they can still get a medical redshirt. Didnt bubba say that Clive might be able to get a medical redshirt even though he already had one in Arizona? Its all up to the NCAA maybe?

Not sure on the rules, but I believe Bubba said he had applied. Having Clive back for another season (hopefully a full/healthy season) would be incredible.