SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, nodakhoops said:

Fully realize there is a lot of season left but at what point does the rhetoric out of Fargo and everywhere else change about UNDs schedule? Come Monday there is a chance Stoney, USD and Poly are all ranked. SUU was ranked coming into today and Weber will probably be ranked in 2 weeks. All of that and the comments from everywhere is UND hasn't played anyone.

well, if the playoffs started today and people started looking at common opponents UND would be sitting just fine. 

UND>Poly>SDSU>NDSU

That Cal Poly team put up unbelievable offensive production in their win against SDSU.

2 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

Fully realize there is a lot of season left but at what point does the rhetoric out of Fargo and everywhere else change about UNDs schedule? Come Monday there is a chance Stoney, USD and Poly are all ranked. SUU was ranked coming into today and Weber will probably be ranked in 2 weeks. All of that and the comments from everywhere is UND hasn't played anyone.

well, if the playoffs started today and people started looking at common opponents UND would be sitting just fine. 

UND>Poly>SDSU>NDSU

In addition has anybody taken a look at the Griz's schedule? How can anyone look at UND and say easy schedule whem Montana has a schedule like that so far?? There only loss is to a team we beat and there best wins are a 2-4 UNI and 3-3 SUU. Their out of conference is a joke other than UNI. UND should be ranked ahead of them but won't be because their name is Montana.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I have a bad feeling that if und were to lose one of the four remaining games, Montana's easy schedule will get them in over us. Because their name is montana.  

8 - 3 should not be left out... even if it is UND.

Getting nervous about that last game with NAU.

38 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I have a bad feeling that if und were to lose one of the four remaining games, Montana's easy schedule will get them in over us. Because their name is montana.  

More than one team from each conference is allowed in. 

Weber is winning games and before that is Idaho St with their dangerous passing attack. This is the trap game. It's also an opportunity to get revenge and set the record straight for last year.

Also, it's been mentioned but I'll reiterate that our schedule is ranked as harder than Montanas. Our easy schedule is a myth made more fantastic by preseason polls. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

8 - 3 should not be left out... even if it is UND.

Getting nervous about that last game with NAU.

If the Alerus crowd is doing its thing and getting noisy, then I'm confident UND can definitely beat both Weber State and Northern Arizona. It's the two road games (Idaho State, Northern Colorado) that are honestly more concerning, but UND should do fine if they don't make a bunch of mistakes. One game at a time and good things are ahead. 

Yes, Idaho State has a decent passing attack, but that's no excuse because as a TEAM they are absolutely horrible. If the UND defense struggles some it shouldn't matter because UND's offense should honestly put up 50 points. No reason UND shouldn't win big vs Idaho State.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If the Alerus crowd is doing its thing and getting noisy, then I'm confident UND can definitely beat both Weber State and Northern Arizona. It's the two road games (Idaho State, Northern Colorado) that are honestly more concerning, but UND should do fine if they don't make a bunch of mistakes. One game at a time and good things are ahead. 

Yes, Idaho State has a decent passing attack, but that's no excuse because as a TEAM they are absolutely horrible. If the UND defense struggles some it shouldn't matter because UND's offense should honestly put up 50 points. No reason UND shouldn't win big vs Idaho State.

Und should be able to absoulutely terrorize idahos d with wave after wave of Grady, john, Austin, Keaton, and Kyle.  They will eat up the clock and wear their d out and own the TOP like s utah.  No way und loses, no way.   

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Of course, and cow college won't slip much in Mondays rankings, because of previous years success. Teams that become winners get a lot of respect. We need to WIN OUT to start gaining respect!

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Yes I know.

I'm sick of hearing that und is "set" with our schedule. My point is that Montana's schedule is easier then ours yet Unds schedule gets ridiculed ALL THE TIME!!  So why isn't theirs 

It's NDSU fans and UofM fans mostly   Take it for what it's worth  

None of the remaining games will be easy wins. Our schedule may be easier with out UM or Eastern Washington but that doesn't mean the rest of the big sky are cupcake opponents. Has anyone seen the schedules for some teams out east?

If we are the fourth ranked big sky team at 7-4 at the end of the season I think we would still get in.

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Can you point me to where this is happening?

Mainly on AnygivenSaturday.  It shouldn't matter but they have a poll that's actually given credence when it comes time for playoff selections.  IMO there isn't anything more Mickey Mouse than putting stock in fan polls but apparently the NCAA feels that's appropriate for FCS.

Bison lost one game.  I don't read too much into that.  They could still run the table after this minor setback.  

On the otherhand, UND is getting noticed.  Bubba is building something.  I'm hoping this continues and we can rival our main rival again.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Bison lost one game.  I don't read too much into that.  They could still run the table after this minor setback.  

On the otherhand, UND is getting noticed.  Bubba is building something.  I'm hoping this continues and we can rival our main rival again.  

lost one...should've lost two more (at home)...I will read a lot into this...sdsu was clearly the better team...I was very impressed with them....