SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Rory said:

Bradford isn't exactly a top notch QB. He's not going anywhere. Suck it up and act like a professional. 

There are plenty of teams who would take a chance with him.  Why risk getting injured this year? Let the Eagles sink or swim with Wentz.  They need the draft picks.  It's not college anymore.  

1 hour ago, homer said:

It's a business.  He knows they aren't bringing him back no matter what.  He's looking out for himself.  This isn't high school or college anymore.  Why risk getting injured before getting a long term deal.  Have his best season somewhere else and make them regret reading the farm.  

Nobody was interested in picking him up before he was going to be a FA. I cant believe Philly paid him that much money for a QB who has basically done zip during his career. Plus whose going to take the load and cap of his contract?

He signed a contract. He needs to put his big boy pants on and come to camp and compete. Problem is he doesnt want to compete. He wants the job given to him.

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Nobody was interested in picking him up before he was going to be a FA. I cant believe Philly paid him that much money for a QB who has basically done zip during his career. Plus whose going to take the load and cap of his contract?

He signed a contract. He needs to put his big boy pants on and come to camp and compete. Problem is he doesnt want to compete. He wants the job given to him.

In a perfect world he should compete.  In the sports world, someone else will give him a shot and why should risk injury.   Everyone knows they are not bringing him back no matter what.   Why bye Wentz more time when he could compete with 10 other QBs in the league for a starting job.  

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You think maybe what Philly told him before he signed his contract and what they did after are maybe two different things and that is why he is upset? They traded away a bunch of picks that could have improved the team to draft his replacement who will get every benefit of the doubt. Can't imagine why he'd be upset to risk his health with zero guarantees. He's in line to get paid nicely for it but for a very short term. 

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You think maybe what Philly told him before he signed his contract and what they did after are maybe two different things and that is why he is upset? They traded away a bunch of picks that could have improved the team to draft his replacement who will get every benefit of the doubt. Can't imagine why he'd be upset to risk his health with zero guarantees. He's in line to get paid nicely for it but for a very short term. 

Poor thing. Maybe he should just take his ball and go home.

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You think maybe what Philly told him before he signed his contract and what they did after are maybe two different things and that is why he is upset? They traded away a bunch of picks that could have improved the team to draft his replacement who will get every benefit of the doubt. Can't imagine why he'd be upset to risk his health with zero guarantees. He's in line to get paid nicely for it but for a very short term

When and or if he finishes this contract he will have made 100 million bucks in his career and has produced zip. Pooor baby,

Just now, bison73 said:

When and or if he finishes this contract he will have made 100 million bucks in his career and has produced zip. Pooor baby,

He was with the Rams when they were terrible and building their team of today and in Chip Kelly's !@#!$ system.  

11 minutes ago, Rory said:

Poor thing. Maybe he should just take his ball and go home.

They drafted their QB of the future.  Why the concern?  He'd actually be doing them a favor.  The NFL is a business.  He won't do himself any favors playing for a team with an average oline and zero running game.  

4 minutes ago, homer said:

They drafted their QB of the future.  Why the concern?  He'd actually be doing them a favor.  The NFL is a business.  He won't do himself any favors playing for a team with an average oline and zero running game.  

So just say the hell with it then. Great attitude.

I get him wanting a trade, but if they decide not too........he signed a contract and is getting paid very well with that contract......time to strap it up and do your job.  I get him positioning and being a whiny baby now to see if he can get out of it and get traded, but if they don't do it and he still sits and complains or sits out....then I think he is partially afraid of competing.   I flew out to Philly yesterday for work this week.....so I've asked a few people about Wentz....to see if they are giving him a thumbs up or thumbs down, from just the couple I've heard from they seem ok with him.  There weren't any haters from just the couple I talked too....I remember how bad McNabb got boo'd.....at least people didn't boo him when drafted, but I know there are some fans that weren't happy giving up all of those picks. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Why did he sign the contract? Because nobody wanted him. It wasnt like there was great interest in him. Yes the NFL is a business. So he need to honor his contract.

2 hours ago, homer said:

He was with the Rams when they were terrible and building their team of today and in Chip Kelly's !@#!$ system.  

So? Plus hes been in the tank for a majority of his college and pro career. Thats why they call him glass.

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2016/05/05/idaho-report-brings-fbs-big-sky-discussions-public/

What is the future of the Big Sky Conference? Two divisions or two separate conferences for football? Will changing landscape actually cause UND to shift to a different conference (MVFC with NDSU, SDSU, USD)? If for nothing else, all interesting questions for general discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

One thing is for certain the Big Sky has too many teams for both basketball and football!

Better than not having enough teams I suppose....

Should only improve the strength of the conference. Pick out the top schools and form an upper and lower division, IMO. Even if the league is split up according to geography, that yet favors UND; group would likely include UND, Montana State, Montana, Idaho, Idaho State, Northern Colorado, and possibly Eastern Washington/Portland State.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2016/05/05/idaho-report-brings-fbs-big-sky-discussions-public/

What is the future of the Big Sky Conference? Two divisions or two separate conferences for football? Will changing landscape actually cause UND to shift to a different conference (MVFC with NDSU, SDSU, USD)? If for nothing else, all interesting questions for general discussion.

I know 14 teams is a joke of a conference when the conference champions are nothing more than 'paper champions'.  Split them 7 and 7.  Your 6 games count towards your seed in your respective half.  Last week of the season 1 plays 1 for the title.  2 plays 2, and so on.  I didn't need a 1,500 page report to come up with that.  That guarantees 7 conference games and fill the rest of schedule with 3 - 4 'non conference', which could be Big Sky teams.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

... Split them 7 and 7.  Your 6 games count towards your seed in your respective half.  Last week of the season 1 plays 1 for the title.  2 plays 2, and so on. ... 

Sounds easy.

Who gets the Week 7 home games. :huh: :0

Now it gets tricky ... ;) 

2 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Simple.  If split east and west then East hosts odd years and West hosts even years. 

So the unranked, 4-2 three-way tie-break winner from the < direction > hosts the top five ranked, 6-0 winner of the < other direction >?