SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I think he played at NDSU in the early 70's.  Usually a very reasonable poster here, but I guess not on this particular topic.  

Correct but if I'm not mistaken, he quit following NDSU closely for a quite a while. Agree on the last part.

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

Supported by the fact a decade later Bison fans bring it up on a UND sports forum before it's fifth straight national FCS title.

Only when UND fans cry about it not being fair that NDSU won't play in Grand Forks. I'm sorry, that NDSU is "scared" to play in Grand Forks. :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Only when UND fans cry about it not being fair that NDSU won't play in Grand Forks. I'm sorry, that NDSU is "scared" to play in Grand Forks. :blink:

Bisons admitted for us the real reason is it is because NDSU is still butthurt after a decade.

Might not ever get over it til a UND president apologizes in the NDSU student newspaper for hurting their feelings.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

From all appearances, thousands of NDSU fans got their feelings hurt. Many still admit that they are upset about the press conference and the UND decision, even though they happened more than a decade ago. Even with all of the success that NDSU has had, and that NDSU fans brag about on every sports fan forum in the United States. Several others have stated that your AD was among those that had their feelings hurt. So you can give up trying to sell anyone that "Nobody got their feelings hurt." NDSU wasn't just making business decisions, many of those decisions were made out of anger and not just for business reasons.

Having your feeling hurt and being pissed over asshattery are two different thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

I think he played at NDSU in the early 70's.  Usually a very reasonable poster here, but I guess not on this particular topic.  

I think Im pretty reasonable on many fronts. We just happen to disagree on the cause and effect. And yes I played at NDSU in the early 70s.

There was a time I didnt follow NDSU as closely as before. But when I reconnected to NDSU I was brought up to speed by people within NDSU when I asked why we didnt play you guys anymore. Others gave me a chronological  timeline of the events before and after right up to you signing the current contract. A lot of the information came from this site.

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Actual facts showed how the first talking point had zero credibility, guess it is time to move on to the next one. More urban legends from deep inside the FargoLoaf.

Is there some sort of "fact" sheet that gets passed around to the FargoU fans as they hop on the bandwagon so they make sure everyone is in line with their talking points? It is so predictable it isn't even funny. Never mind that most of them couldn't tell you that NDSU even had a football team before 2010 and still don't know that there is other sports on campus.

Pretty sure he wasn't even following the team until 5+ years later so you know exactly where his "knowledge" on the situation comes from.

Only been following them since they first recruited me in 1969.:D

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Having your feeling hurt and being pissed over asshattery are two different thing.

They are both an emotional response to something. Neither is a good basis for making business decisions. And a lot of your fellow fans have admitted to both emotions, so you might as well give up trying to sell us that they didn't have their feelings hurt.

12 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

They are both an emotional response to something. Neither is a good basis for making business decisions. And a lot of your fellow fans have admitted to both emotions, so you might as well give up trying to sell us that they didn't have their feelings hurt.

:lol:   

15 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

I would agree that for NDSU posters on here, 73 is usually reasonable and doesn't seem to have a primary purpose to come here and condemn and stir stuff up. 

19 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The game was not played for UNDs sake - Bubba stepped up and took the offer SU offered that SU thought UND wouldn't take. In a true sign of character he did it for the good of the state and its residents the majority of which wanted the game to be played. 

That game is better than no game at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

The game was not played for UNDs sake - Bubba stepped up and took the offer SU offered that SU thought UND wouldn't take. In a true sign of character he did it for the good of the state and its residents the majority of which wanted the game to be played. 

Bubba is a very classy guy, and I'm glad he is our coach. 

On 12/21/2015 at 5:20 PM, UND1983 said:

There were 0 reported incidents and by all accounts everybody had a great time at the UND and NDSU game.  So much for that theory.  I remember all the gear mongering coming out of your camp before the game.  

It went off better than I thought it would, and I'm glad it did.  IMO the rivalry/hatred is over.  No need to play each other regularly.

On 12/22/2015 at 6:50 PM, darell1976 said:

But if we did that Bison fans would claim the FCS was watered down, and our championship wouldn't mean anything like they said about our 2001 title.

In all honesty the FCS is watered down even now.  Too bad G5 is a worse option (for now) or I'd be advocating a move.