SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Nope they are scared. If they have no problem going to Weber St and EWU but will absolutely say no to Grand Forks, it's not about money, they are scared.

That's bulletproof logic there.

I heard NDSU called Ohio State for a game in Fargo and they wouldn't schedule it. I'm sure Urban Meyer was scared.

• Downvote 1

NDSU's athletic dept. isn't clueless, a loss to UND would really change the way people see things in regards to football.  The odds of a UND win go down severely when the game is in the Fargodome with a playoff atmosphere.  There is a reason Gene wouldn't agree to a game in Grand Forks no matter what was thrown at him.  

Edited by homer
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I heard NDSU called Ohio State for a game in Fargo and they wouldn't schedule it. I'm sure Urban Meyer was scared.

No home and home to UND but agreed to a home and home with Weber State and Eastern Washington. You figure it out.

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

No home and home to UND but agreed to a home and home with Weber State and Eastern Washington. You figure it out.

Ohio State just signed a home and home with Oregon, but keeps dodging NDSU. I'm sure they're scared of NDSU.

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Notre Dame cancelled their series with Michigan. A short time later they put Ohio State on the schedule. Are they afraid of Michigan now? I mean... If they can fit Ohio St on the schedule...

6 minutes ago, homer said:

NDSU's athletic dept. isn't clueless, a loss to UND would really change the way people see things in regards to football.  The odds of a UND win go down severely when the game is in the Fargodome with a playoff atmosphere.  There is a reason Gene wouldn't agree to a game in Grand Forks no matter what was thrown at him.  

Exactly. It was strategic with a little bit of "stick it to the a holes that screwed us" mixed in. Right or wrong, agree or disagree.

To suggest fear played a role is so far beyond absurd, it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Weber scheduled us when we needed a game. UND didnt. Cant use the scholarships as an excuse because they wouldnt of had any material effect for at least 2 years.

The bottom line is it ate your lunch with NDSU scheduling everyone but you. Gene Taylor stuck it to you. Thats where your angst come from and I understand that. As they say turn about is fair play.  But its time to let it go dont you think?

Letting it go would mean being willing to schedule a regular home and home.  One team is willing to do that and the other won't let it go, as you say.

I don't really care if we play or not but to say UND is not willing to let it go is bass ackwards.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Letting it go would mean being willing to schedule a regular home and home.  One team is willing to do that and the other won't let it go, as you say.

I don't really care if we play or not but to say UND is not willing to let it go is bass ackwards.

You're arbitrarily defining what letting it go means to make UND come out as the good guy.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You're arbitrarily defining what letting it go means to make UND come out as the good guy.

The discussion appears to be about letting go of the bad blood because of the refusal to schedule the other team when the needed games. One team is holding onto that and is unwilling to to schedule a home and home.  The other agreed to travel twice in an effort to get the games started again.  Seems pretty straight forward to me. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, homer said:

Then they better hope UND never becomes a member of their conferences (MVFC and Summit) because then they would be making the trip up north every other year whether they liked it or not.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

It bugged you that the Fargo media (mainly Dom Izzo) would bring it up and Bohl and GT would make up any excuse possible while at the same time crying we don't have a full schedule because everyone is scared to play us. Sorry you can't have it both ways, and Bubba called you on your bluff. We know NDSU is scared to play in GF and that's fine, I hope they end up with Ferris St between now and 2019 as that 3rd OOC game. Bison fans won't let it go so why should we?

Why would it bug me that the media would bring it up? Ive always been a proponent of the game. Other than that your rambling post made no sense.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

You have now claimed that NDSU and Ohio State play at the same level of college football. That is the only explanation when you use this as a comparison to NDSU playing (or not playing) UND in Grand Forks. Congratulations on reaching a new low.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Because the difference between NDSU football and Ohio State football is comparable to the difference between NDSU football and UND football? 

Answer: No

• Upvote 1

To be fair, NDSU has absolutely nothing to gain from playing UND., but that does not imply that they are afraid to play the game. That's why Coach Schweigert insisted on allowing the two consecutive games at the Fargodome. It was a shrewd bit of gamesmanship on his part - call their bluff, get on the schedule, gain experience of playing the bison the first time around and be able to call on the lessons learned for the next time, whether in 2019 or in a playoff game before that.

Both UND's (Thomas) and NDSU's (Taylor and/or Bohl) problem children have moved on and the game will happen with more regularity now that the ice has been broken.

And, personally, I hope UND does not move to the Summit, but would not mind if NDSU and even the South Dakota schools would join the Big Sky if the Summit does fall apart.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, dakota said:

To be fair, NDSU has absolutely nothing to gain from playing UND., but that does not imply that they are afraid to play the game. That's why Coach Schweigert insisted on allowing the two consecutive games at the Fargodome. It was a shrewd bit of gamesmanship on his part - call their bluff, get on the schedule, gain experience of playing the bison the first time around and be able to call on the lessons learned for the next time, whether in 2019 or in a playoff game before that.

Both UND's (Thomas) and NDSU's (Taylor and/or Bohl) problem children have moved on and the game will happen with more regularity now that the ice has been broken.

And, personally, I hope UND does not move to the Summit, but would not mind if NDSU and even the South Dakota schools would join the Big Sky if the Summit does fall apart.

The Summit is rated pretty high right now.

55 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

You have now claimed that NDSU and Ohio State play at the same level of college football. That is the only explanation when you use this as a comparison to NDSU playing (or not playing) UND in Grand Forks. Congratulations on reaching a new low.

Just as idiotic as claiming NDSU is afraid of UND. Just saying.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then they better hope UND never becomes a member of their conferences (MVFC and Summit) because then they would be making the trip up north every other year whether they liked it or not.

I don't think it would bug anyone to go to Grand Forks for a conference game.

22 minutes ago, Cratter said:

NDSU doesn't want to play UND in Grand Forks because they are afraid of what would happen if UND won.

Or They still have sour grapes. One or the other.

I'd think sour grapes. If they were afraid of UND winning they wouldn't play at all. But who really knows other than the folks in the athletic department I guess?

There was no way there was going to be a game in  GF under GTs watch. Period.  You can call it pay back, sour grapes or whatever you want to make your self feel better. Makes no difference. It is what it is. GT wrote the contract you signed.  So who really has the sour grapes? Not me.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

There was no way there was going to be a game in  GF under GTs watch. Period.  You can call it pay back, sour grapes or whatever you want to make your self feel better. Makes no difference. It is what it is. GT wrote the contract you signed.  So who really has the sour grapes? Not me.

We don't have sour grapes. Bubba was the bigger man where GT was a piece of !@#$. Bubba had nothing to do with the GT-RT battle of 2004, and he took the high road, got the contract sign just to prove it can be done no matter how much of a dick GT is to block all former proposals. There is no one left from that part of the bad blood as Bohl was the last coach there, so I would hope now with a new AD something like a h/h not a 3 in 1 but a h/h (GF first) can be done after 2019. If the Bison still want no trips to GF then UND should say all other programs we play NDSU in will be in GF only. If they don't like it TS.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

We don't have sour grapes. Bubba was the bigger man where GT was a piece of !@#$. Bubba had nothing to do with the GT-RT battle of 2004, and he took the high road, got the contract sign just to prove it can be done no matter how much of a dick GT is to block all former proposals. There is no one left from that part of the bad blood as Bohl was the last coach there, so I would hope now with a new AD something like a h/h not a 3 in 1 but a h/h (GF first) can be done after 2019. If the Bison still want no trips to GF then UND should say all other programs we play NDSU in will be in GF only. If they don't like it TS.

Lol its fun watching how mad you get. 

27 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I'm not mad, it's Christmas time. 

Your just confused....  The main reason GT was mad at RT & the UND athletic dept was the press conference RT held to announce that they wouldn't play NDSU in any sport.  No giving GT a courtesy call ahead of the press conference was bush league.  He had to hear it from a reporter.  That started the bad blood. 

22 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Your just confused....  The main reason GT was mad at RT & the UND athletic dept was the press conference RT held to announce that they wouldn't play NDSU in any sport.  No giving GT a courtesy call ahead of the press conference was bush league.  He had to hear it from a reporter.  That started the bad blood. 

So after RT, Dale Lennon, and Gene Roebuck was all gone and also Kupchella and replaced with people not associated with UND in 2003 GT continued to hold a grudge and looked like a complete tool to the state and the media.