SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Anything less than what NDSU football has accomplished will not garner any respect from Bison fans.  UND could win an FCS NAtional Championship and the response of Bison fans would be "Win 3 (or maybe 4) more and get back to me!!  Yes it's true, respect must be earned.  but it will never be given by many Bison fans because of their pride.

If Bison keep winning these championships, will they will move up to FBS (or NCAA require them to move up) before we are good enough to beat them? 

2 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

If Bison keep winning these championships, will they will move up to FBS (or NCAA require them to move up) before we are good enough to beat them? 

If they do move up, they won't be an annual fixture in the FBS College Football Playoff, no matter what their delusional fan base thinks. They'll be in a low-level conference (think Sun Belt, MAAC) and their reward for winning the conference would be a lower-level bowl game in December on a weekday on ESPN that very few people care about.

If they are smart, they'll stick with FCS.

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If they do move up, they won't be an annual fixture in the FBS College Football Playoff, no matter what their delusional fan base thinks. They'll be in a low-level conference (think Sun Belt, MAAC) and their reward for winning the conference would be a lower-level bowl game in December on a weekday on ESPN that very few people care about.

If they are smart, they'll stick with FCS.

#butgameday #butESPNloveus #butBig12invite 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Let's be honest, NDSU cannot even consider FBS because of their blatant disregard for Title IX compliance.  A move to FBS would draw even more scrutiny towards an area that they are seriously hoping no one will ever take a serious look at.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, North Dakota said:

You can't seriously believe we would have beat Richmond. They would have shreded our pass defense just as NDSU did in week 3. Let's be honest here we were no where close to being a top 10 team even at the end of the season. And NDSU would have dominated us just like Richmond. Our team just isn't at that level yet. Hopefully we take another step forward next year but let's not make it out to be something it wasn't this year.

Too much pessimism within our own fanbase. 

UND ended the season on a three game win streak. I would have liked to see them keep playing and not get shafted by one of the most subjective processes in the NCAA. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

If the Bison keep this championship streak alive,  anyone fair to guess what the NCAA does (if anything) if the streak reaches 6 or 7 in the next 1-2 years?

Is there any evidence the NCAA would do anything?

Looking at past dynasties I don't see the NCAA moving to dismantle it.  Usually those things (see scholarship reduction) come from the membership.

16 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

If the Bison keep this championship streak alive,  anyone fair to guess what the NCAA does (if anything) if the streak reaches 6 or 7 in the next 1-2 years?

Well they didn't do anything about UCLA basketball in the 60's and 70's.  They aren't doing anything about Mount Union winning it 12 times in 23 seasons.  What should they be even considering?  

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Too much pessimism within our own fanbase. 

UND ended the season on a three game win streak. I would have liked to see them keep playing and not get shafted by one of the most subjective processes in the NCAA. 

Not pessimism. Realism. Did you see what they did to Montana, UNI and Richmond? And you somehow think we would have fared better?? Get real.

2 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Not pessimism. Realism. Did you see what they did to Montana, UNI and Richmond? And you somehow think we would have fared better?? Get real.

In a couple of years, we'll have ourselves a championship contending team in Grand Forks. And I am not talking about just Big Sky championships either.

18 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Did it surprise when two of those teams had defenses who couldn't stop the run and offenses that relied heavily on making checks at the line of scrimmage?

43 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

There's a fine line between those two. 

As just a disclaimer, UND athletics is benefited very little by those who watch from afar and say they "told you so". Fanatics, a.k.a. fans, do not promote realism, but rather push the department and the teams to exceed expectations. UND football would have very little support right now if they "stuck to the script" and shot for only external expectations (see "realistic" preseason polls). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

In a couple of years, we'll have ourselves a championship contending team in Grand Forks. And I am not talking about just Big Sky championships either.

OK, Bison potentially win #5 and #6 before we knock them off to end the streak.

On 12/20/2015 at 10:39 PM, gsiouxo said:

This is the  reason I would love to see the Bison lose….the ARROGANT fan/fans like this piece of work (nd1sufan)…..home and home with Weber but not UND….hope Jacksonville can pull their arrogant noses out of the air so they don't drown if it rains!!!!

For the record, I've been in favor of never playing UND again unless it's in the playoffs.  I really don't think it is good for either school as it brings out the worst in most fans.  As for why we did with Weber, we had an opening in our schedule last season and this season.  Weber was one of a few schools that we could do a home and home with in those years that had the right dates open.  I'm fairly certain that IF those dates were open at both UND & NDSU we may have seen a home and home scenario play out there as well.  The stars didn't align so it didn't happen.

The only way I want to renew this "rivalry" is if you join our conference.

• Downvote 7

On 12/20/2015 at 11:09 PM, darell1976 said:

Don't forget the h/h they just signed with Eastern Washington. Oh wait we aren't at their (NDSU's) level to quote president Dean B. But Weber and EWU are? Both teams had 6-5 records. I think we have reached that level Dean, just say it "we (NDSU) are scared to play UND in Grand Forks)." It's okay we understood when "we will play anyone anywhere" meant we will play anyone, anywhere except Grand Forks. 

Now that I said that, the floodgates will open and the BV trolls will come rushing in, because when going to Frisco the first stop on the trip is no other than siouxsports.com 

That should tell you what NDSU thinks about UND.  And what does it say about UND that they accepted this offer? THAT is the real question.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, tjamz said:

For the record, I've been in favor of never playing UND again unless it's in the playoffs.  I really don't think it is good for either school as it brings out the worst in most fans.  As for why we did with Weber, we had an opening in our schedule last season and this season.  Weber was one of a few schools that we could do a home and home with in those years that had the right dates open.  I'm fairly certain that IF those dates were open at both UND & NDSU we may have seen a home and home scenario play out there as well.  The stars didn't align so it didn't happen.

The only way I want to renew this "rivalry" is if you join our conference.

There were 0 reported incidents and by all accounts everybody had a great time at the UND and NDSU game.  So much for that theory.  I remember all the gear mongering coming out of your camp before the game.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

There were 0 reported incidents and by all accounts everybody had a great time at the UND and NDSU game.  So much for that theory.  I remember all the gear mongering coming out of your camp before the game.  

Yea, I only encountered one guy who was being an ass and he's just an ass. Had nothing to do with UND vs NDSU.

10 hours ago, Bison06 said:

UND Football 2015. The only team in the FCS to have injuries at key positions.

Won't even address the dirty play issue, it's been beaten to death.

All teams have injuries, my only problem is how the injury occurred and there was no need for it!!! - that is all..

1 minute ago, FSSD said:

All teams have injuries, my only problem is how the injury occurred and there was no need for it!!! - that is all..

So if that same injury had occurred during a play you consider to be not a cheap shot it would've affected UND's season less?

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So if that same injury had occurred during a play you consider to be not a cheap shot it would've affected UND's season less?

No, it would have same impact.  How it occurred - dirty/needless play on the part of a NDSU player.  Injury should have never happen.