SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

9 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

National Championship game. ESPN2, 11:00 o'clock in the morning. So they can show World Series of Poker in the afternoon. This must be a really big deal.

The thing that bothers me is that even on that station it will have more viewers that the hockey championship no matter what station that is on. What's up with that?

I've never understood the fascination with viewer #'s, but since its brought up all the time on here, I'm curious what the default rate of viewers is for an espn or espn2 on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon.  

Subtracting that number from the total "viewers" would give a better picture of how many actually tuned in, on purpose, for a specific event.

1 hour ago, The Hawk said:

The thing that bothers me is that even on that station it will have more viewers that the hockey championship no matter what station that is on. What's up with that?

I hear ya bro.  Maybe they should start broadcasting the Frozen Four at 11:00am instead of 7:00pm to increase viewers.  Word on the street is that the NCAA is going to broadcasting the FBS championship at 11:00am next year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sodacker said:

Ill be going with classic sioux shirt with white underneath. Wish me luck boys 

Have fun. It's a pretty fun atmosphere there. Perfect venue for something like this.

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I've never understood the fascination with viewer #'s, but since its brought up all the time on here, I'm curious what the default rate of viewers is for an espn or espn2 on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon.  

Subtracting that number from the total "viewers" would give a better picture of how many actually tuned in, on purpose, for a specific event.

I agree. If it was in a channel line NBC or ABC the numbers I think would be more accurate... Can't imagine many sports bars just having nbc on unless a game is on.

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Watched   Sportscenter this morning.     They didn't even mention the FCS Championship game.     Why does FCS get no respect?

Because the best 2 teams in college FB play Monday.........not in 50 minutes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Absolutely.  However my statement still stands.   Jacksonville St. is playing terrible football thus far.

I don't disagree but good teams make lesser teams look bad. NDSU got off the bus expecting to win, while Jacksonville State wasn't sure. There is a difference. It's more mental than physical. 

• Upvote 1