SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

On 12/22/2015 at 8:16 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Just remember that the Bison faithful will never, ever "tip their hat" to UND for anything, no matter what it is. That is why I am not going to lavish accolades on them. Just my opinion.

Untrue.  UND has a great hockey program.  I've said that for quite a while.

On 12/22/2015 at 11:15 AM, homer said:

There is one reason NDSU doesn't want to play in Grand Forks and it has nothing to do with where UND's program was at the last 10 years or where its going.  Don't kid yourself.

Does it have anything to do with NDSU not really liking UND all that much?  Especially during the Gene Taylor era?

On 12/22/2015 at 11:35 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

Then Bison fans should stop itching to have UND jump to the MVFC/Summit League if there is an opening, because then they would have to travel to Grand Forks at least once every other year whether they like it or not.

At least then the game would have meaning.

On 12/23/2015 at 9:02 PM, darell1976 said:

Nope they are scared. If they have no problem going to Weber St and EWU but will absolutely say no to Grand Forks, it's not about money, they are scared.

The fact that Weber filled two holes in back-to-back years and was scheduled LATE in the scheduling season didn't have any effect on that, did it?

24 minutes ago, tjamz said:

In all honesty the FCS is watered down even now.  Too bad G5 is a worse option (for now) or I'd be advocating a move.

If the G5 had their own "playoff" and the NCAA canned all those stupid bowl games that no one will watch/attend I think a lot of teams in the FCS would make a move up including the 4 Dakota schools (or at least the ones in ND).

1 hour ago, tjamz said:

At least then the game would have meaning.

Gene Taylor's a bona-fide a**hat.

It has everything to do with Gene Taylor trying to starve out the Sioux FB program.  Any year with a Bizon game in the Alerus would sell out season tickets, suites, and advertising, so the thought in Fargo was that UND couldn't support it FB properly without a bizon game.

1 hour ago, tjamz said:

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

If the G5 had their own "playoff" and the NCAA canned all those stupid bowl games that no one will watch/attend I think a lot of teams in the FCS would make a move up including the 4 Dakota schools (or at least the ones in ND).

I agree.  I think the upper half of both the MVFC and BSC would make that move (along with a few other conferences)

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 4:30 PM, bison73 said:

Only been following them since they first recruited me in 1969.:D

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 4:28 PM, bison73 said:

I think Im pretty reasonable on many fronts. We just happen to disagree on the cause and effect. And yes I played at NDSU in the early 70s.

There was a time I didnt follow NDSU as closely as before. But when I reconnected to NDSU I was brought up to speed by people within NDSU when I asked why we didnt play you guys anymore. Others gave me a chronological  timeline of the events before and after right up to you signing the current contract. A lot of the information came from this site.

I should have been more clear that you were not following closely at that point in time, meaning all your knowledge has been second or third-hand, which is what you confirmed in your second post. I'm sure that when you were "brought up to speed" by people within NDSU, it was a completely unbiased timeline of events.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Rory said:

Wentz gets the start tomorrow.

It is the safest play for the coaching staff if he is medically cleared..............will be some second guessing if SU loses but not as much if he didn't start and they went with Stick and lost.

Jacksonville St. averaged 41 PPG during the regular season and is currently averaging 54 PPG in the playoffs.  I realize that the Bison have a history of shutting down high powered offenses, but, this may be there biggest test in the last 5 years.

The will need Wentz and his arm to keep up with this high powered offense.  Stick is good, But Wentz may be the best QB to play for NDSU.  If he is healty, you have to start him.   

He is a potential first round draft pick and two time captain.  He can hand off equally as well as Stick and is a much better threat to throw it.  There may be some rust but you give him a shot as he was the starter and MVP of this game last year.

I don't see how starting him has any bearing on their defense.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, gsiouxo said:

I'm with G Sioux…..Go Cocks…so sick of the Bison makes me puke….how many have seen the Hammer presence in Texas…..how in the hell after this week do we let that traitor back in the Ralph doing Sioux hockey…..keep him in Fargo….we don't need that !@#$ in Grand Forks

Absolutely. 

But UND needs to still increase the focus on football and other non-hockey sports. Part of the reason UND and the fans accept such two-faced actions is the ridiculous notion that UND only sports hockey and everything else is intramural; UND needs to pay attention and start excelling in the sports that the country, not just the region, care about: football and basketball. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sodacker said:

Will be going to the  game tomorrow in frisco. Only decision is whether to wear a full on sioux hockey Jersey or just a sioux t shirt.

UND t-shirt; acknowledges UND has other sports besides hockey. Also, football is the sport of choice in both your instance (FCS national championship game) and nationally.