SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Unless UND joins the Missouri Valley or plays in the playoffs at the Alerus against NDSU, It will be in the 2020's before you will have any chance of seeing NDSU go up to the armpit again. The scheduling philosophy will continue to be 6 home games, 2 bye weeks and a game against either a FCS powerhouse or an FBS team. Yes I know NDSU went to Weber State last year, but that was from a back end contract written in 2005.

There is no point in going to Grand Forks when NDSU can pay UND a dollar amount less than our D2 opponents to play in Fargo exclusively.

It is going to be hard for NDSU to tell the people of North Dakota they are no longer going to schedule the game after they get a taste again on Sept. 19th.  Hell, even NDSU won't help the cause much with a planned 2 hour pregame show featuring interviews with past players and highlights from past games.

Its easy for the entire NDSU graduating class of 2011 to type they are going to call all the shots but the people of North Dakota aren't going to want this series to end again and there is going to be more and more pressure on Faison and Larsen to keep it going. 

Unless UND joins the Missouri Valley or plays in the playoffs at the Alerus against NDSU, It will be in the 2020's before you will have any chance of seeing NDSU go up to the armpit again. The scheduling philosophy will continue to be 6 home games, 2 bye weeks and a game against either a FCS powerhouse or an FBS team. Yes I know NDSU went to Weber State last year, but that was from a back end contract written in 2005.

There is no point in going to Grand Forks when NDSU can pay UND a dollar amount less than our D2 opponents to play in Fargo exclusively.

Weber point is 1,000,000,000% wrong.

Armpit? You come on a UND board and start slamming its city and or stadium.....why isn't this tool banned?

It's hilarious how the "scheduling philosophy" keeps changing every time its proven to be false.  And as others have stated, you are flat out wrong on the Weber State thing.  Kind of like how NDSU fans claimed a few years ago that their athletic department wouldn't make more money on a UND game because they don't believe in dynamic pricing.  Yet the UND single game tickets are far and away the highest and season tickets magically went up $20.  Not like they haven't been sold out for 3 years or so, yet this is the year they coincidentally go up.

Bubba got the game(s) on the schedule at all costs.  The next round of negotiations won't go the same way, especially since Fargo U keeps tripping over themselves in their attempts to prove that this is "just another game on the schedule".

It's hilarious how the "scheduling philosophy" keeps changing every time its proven to be false. And as others have stated, you are flat out wrong on the Weber State thing. Kind of like how NDSU fans claimed a few years ago that their athletic department wouldn't make more money on a UND game because they don't believe in dynamic pricing. Yet the UND single game tickets are far and away the highest and season tickets magically went up $20. Not like they haven't been sold out for 3 years or so, yet this is the year they coincidentally go up.

Bubba got the game(s) on the schedule at all costs. The next round of negotiations won't go the same way, especially since Fargo U keeps tripping over themselves in their attempts to prove that this is "just another game on the schedule".

Honestly, if NDSU runs UND out of the building in both of these games I don't think there will be much pressure to keep scheduling it.

Will that happen? No idea. But I wouldn't make assumptions about the next negotiations.

Honestly, if NDSU runs UND out of the building in both of these games I don't think there will be much pressure to keep scheduling it.

Will that happen? No idea. But I wouldn't make assumptions about the next negotiations.

Deny it all you want, but the UND/NDSU game will be the biggest regular season game the Bison have played in since 2003.  It will be an actual rivalry game.  Sure games against UNI and SDSU have been intense this past decade, but not even close to a UND/NDSU game.  Wheter the scores of both games are close or a blowout, the fans will be demanding this game to be played again and more frrequently.

But if UND wins or if it's a nail biter the state will see how improved UND has gotten and there will be more pressure to get this game annually or as close as possible.

Deny it all you want, but the UND/NDSU game will be the biggest regular season game the Bison have played in since 2003. It will be an actual rivalry game. Sure games against UNI and SDSU have been intense this past decade, but not even close to a UND/NDSU game. Wheter the scores of both games are close or a blowout, the fans will be demanding this game to be played again and more frrequently.

Well we will agree to disagree. We will see what happens though.

I'd also say the K State game was bigger.

Deny it all you want, but the UND/NDSU game will be the biggest regular season game the Bison have played in since 2003.  It will be an actual rivalry game.  Sure games against UNI and SDSU have been intense this past decade, but not even close to a UND/NDSU game.  Wheter the scores of both games are close or a blowout, the fans will be demanding this game to be played again and more frrequently.

I have to disagree with this. Maybe from an emotional aspect for a portion of the fanbase. But over the last several years NDSU has had some big regular season games, against high end talent. Games that have been important in deciding playoff games and where a team is seeded, not to mention some big FBS wins. I agree this is going to be a huge game for the majority of both fan bases, and I really do think the players will feed off of that energy to renew the rivalry, but to say this is the biggest regular season game the Bison have played since '03 seem wrong to me.

I have to disagree with this. Maybe from an emotional aspect for a portion of the fanbase. But over the last several years NDSU has had some big regular season games, against high end talent. Games that have been important in deciding playoff games and where a team is seeded, not to mention some big FBS wins. I agree this is going to be a huge game for the majority of both fan bases, and I really do think the players will feed off of that energy to renew the rivalry, but to say this is the biggest regular season game the Bison have played since '03 seem wrong to me.

It won't be the biggest in terms of what's at stake, but it will be the most hyped regular season game as far as North Dakotans (not nodaks  ;) ) are concerned.  Bison fans can deny it if they'd like, but this game will get the casual fans across the state paying attention and picking sides the weeks leading up to the game.   

It won't be the biggest in terms of what's at stake, but it will be the most hyped regular season game as far as North Dakotans (not nodaks  ;) ) are concerned.  Bison fans can deny it if they'd like, but this game will get the casual fans across the state paying attention and picking sides the weeks leading up to the game.   

That is fair. Any based on who I have talked to there are plenty of Bison fans who are very open about how pumped they are for this. I don't think the small percentage of trolls on this board are fooling anyone.

As a fan of neither time, not sure how much weight your opinion carries.

Ah I was a green/yellow kool-aid drinker for some time. NDSU has had a lot of big regular season games the past few years. Really going to have a hard time convincing people that it is the biggest since 2003.

Deny it all you want, but the UND/NDSU game will be the biggest regular season game the Bison have played in since 2003. It will be an actual rivalry game. Sure games against UNI and SDSU have been intense this past decade, but not even close to a UND/NDSU game. Wheter the scores of both games are close or a blowout, the fans will be demanding this game to be played again and more frrequently.

Sorry, NDSU has had a boatload of meaningful games. I can understand why UND is excited about this game, they have had few meaningful games. Let's be honest here.

With the next game 4 years later, let's calm down and keep things in perspective. Its an OOC game that NDSU needs to win to stay on course for the playoffs, with UND needing to win to get some respect in the state. The rivalry ain't what it used to be.

Sorry, NDSU has had a boatload of meaningful games. I can understand why UND is excited about this game, they have had few meaningful games. Let's be honest here.

With the next game 4 years later, let's calm down and keep things in perspective. Its an OOC game that NDSU needs to win to stay on course for the playoffs, with UND needing to win to get some respect in the state. The rivalry ain't what it used to be.

I agree, and in the piece "When they were kings" Pat Sweeney said the game will be big but not like before because it will be a non-conference game. That will put the game on the same level as the other sports UND plays NDSU in. It's an OOC game, big deal, means nothing etc. All this game will do is up the bragging rights between the schools and get closer to the magic number in making the playoffs with a win.

It's hilarious how the "scheduling philosophy" keeps changing every time its proven to be false.  And as others have stated, you are flat out wrong on the Weber State thing.  Kind of like how NDSU fans claimed a few years ago that their athletic department wouldn't make more money on a UND game because they don't believe in dynamic pricing.  Yet the UND single game tickets are far and away the highest and season tickets magically went up $20.  Not like they haven't been sold out for 3 years or so, yet this is the year they coincidentally go up.

Bubba got the game(s) on the schedule at all costs.  The next round of negotiations won't go the same way, especially since Fargo U keeps tripping over themselves in their attempts to prove that this is "just another game on the schedule".

Oh, I'm pretty sure that NDSU could have sold out all football season tickets at the same total price with, or without, UND on the schedule. Bison tickets are underpriced, and have been underpriced for the last few years. I'm not as sure that they could have sold out any other single game ticket at $60, but I suspect that the UNI game, at least, would have sold out at that price.

The bottom line is that the current high demand for NDSU football tickets has a lot more to do with NDSU's record over the last 4 years than what teams happen to be visiting the FargoDome this year.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that NDSU could have sold out all football season tickets at the same total price with, or without, UND on schedule. Bison tickets are underpriced, and have been underpriced for the last few years. I'm not as sure that they could have sold out any other single game ticket at $60, but I suspect that the UNI game, at least, would have sold out at that price.

The bottom line is that the current high demand for NDSU football tickets has a lot more to do with NDSU's record over the last 4 years than what teams happen to be visiting the FargoDome this year.

You might want to share that Sept 19th is just another game with the Bison media crew. I think they have some special things planned for that day that they aren't doing for UNI.

I also have a feeling Sept 19th will be the weekend every NDSU sport has kids on campus for recruiting (just speculation). You don't do that for just another game.

I don't deny the demand is there but to continue to downplay having UND visit while everything in NDSUs athletic dept says otherwise is getting old.

You might want to share that Sept 19th is just another game with the Bison media crew. I think they have some special things planned for that day that they aren't doing for UNI.

I also have a feeling Sept 19th will be the weekend every NDSU sport has kids on campus for recruiting (just speculation). You don't do that for just another game.

I don't deny the demand is there but to continue to downplay having UND visit while everything in NDSUs athletic dept says otherwise is getting old.

OK, there is, or will be, a lot of hype about the game. Some of that may be wishful thinking on the part of people with a vested interest in making this a big game. But we'll see come game day. Clearly, there is no shortage of Bison fans who are pumped up about seeing UND on the schedule. 

In any case, my post was about the prevalent fallacy that, because of "dynamic pricing," ticket sales for this game will be some sort of gold mine for NDSU. That's just not true, NDSU could have easily generated the same total ticket revenue without UND on the schedule.

Ah......no. Considering NDSU has won 4 consecutive conference championships and needed to beat top 10 ranked FCS teams to do so, there have been multiple games bigger than this. Every FBS game we have played has been bigger than this.

This is just an old cute rivalry game...nothing more. Iowa plays Iowa State usually every year. That does not mean it is the biggest game of the year, especially during the years Iowa was contending for a conference championship.

This comment just proves every NDSU fan's point. Playing NDSU is your super bowl. You guys play conference games against two very good FCS programs with fan bases like NDSU, Montana and Montana State. If you were serious about your football team, those games should mean more to you.

If UND joins the Missouri Valley and joins NDSU as a perennial title contender, that game will again become the biggest regular season game each year. Until then, playing UND will be nothing more than a cheap non conference team to fill the schedule.

• Upvote 2

playing UND will be nothing more than a cheap non conference team to fill the schedule.

False.

Playing UND is going to make NDSU a lot of money (just look at ticket prices), and the atmosphere will be far greater than actual "cheap non-conference teams" like Weber State and Incarnate Word. Your assessments are far too exaggerated, and for that reason, no one on here takes the NDSU class of 2011 seriously. Due to that lack of credibility, I advise you simply stop positing. 

• Upvote 2

False.

Playing UND is going to make NDSU a lot of money (just look at ticket prices), and the atmosphere will be far greater than actual "cheap non-conference teams" like Weber State and Incarnate Word. Your assessments are far too exaggerated, and for that reason, no one on here takes the NDSU class of 2011 seriously. Due to that lack of credibility, I advise you simply stop positing.

NDSU really isn't making a lot of money. $60 x 2000 or whatever number of tickets.

NDSU hasn't needed atmosphere for a few years. But this will be a better one than normal I agree.

Playing UND will make a lot of scalpers and season ticket holders a nice chunk of money though.

Family has a couple tickets on the 35. Dad says he'll start listening to offers at $1500 for the pair if any are interested.

In any case, my post was about the prevalent fallacy that, because of "dynamic pricing," ticket sales for this game will be some sort of gold mine for NDSU. That's just not true, NDSU could have easily generated the same total ticket revenue without UND on the schedule.

If Fargo U's athletic department "could have easily" done it and didn't, then they are pretty incompetent.  But I guess money is no issue in Fargo, despite a decade old project still $1.5 million short or the current project having an enormous funding deficit that has caused some pretty significant cuts to the original plans.

False.

Ignorance of the singular form of alumni doesn't do a whole lot for credibility either.