SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Ignorance of the singular form of alumni doesn't do a whole lot for credibility either.

I know the difference between alumnus and alumni. It was a fantasy football team name that I had with two buddies and I have the same email account for it, so I just used it . There are a lot of people here who have Sioux in their name. Are they trying to represent the thoughts and opinions of all Sioux natives?

I know the difference between alumnus and alumni. It was a fantasy football team name that I had with two buddies and I have the same email account for it, so I just used it . There are a lot of people here who have Sioux in their name. Are they trying to represent the thoughts and opinions of all Sioux natives?

That is a lot of people trying to call the shots. The entire NDSU 2011 graduating class and two additional people. How did you split the winnings?

http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3809264-tickets-ndsu-vs-und-football-game-going-hundreds-dollars-secondary-market

Probably the most sought-after were the UND-NDSU tickets. They're now selling on StubHub, with prices ranging from $250 for standing-room-only, to $750 for premium sideline seats.

I am sure people would sell the Incarnate Word or even UNI tickets for that much.

http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3809264-tickets-ndsu-vs-und-football-game-going-hundreds-dollars-secondary-market

I am sure people would sell the Incarnate Word or even UNI tickets for that much.

I paid $200 for two tickets to watch the Incarnate Word game.

NDSU tickets have been too cheap for too long. They could easily sell for UND prices. There is currently somewhere around an 8,000 season ticket back order. Those on that list regularly have to pay scalpers for tickets and usually it is more than $60.

I know it is hard to grasp given you would have a tough time paying someone to watch a UND game these days.

• Downvote 1

NDSU tickets have been too cheap for too long. They could easily sell for UND prices. There is currently somewhere around an 8,000 season ticket back order. Those on that list regularly have to pay scalpers for tickets and usually it is more than $60.

I know it is hard to grasp given you would have a tough time paying someone to watch a UND game these days.

Your first statement explains a lot ...I know it will fall on deaf ears but "will someone ban this troll". 

That's actually a good deal when you think about how many people graduated from NDSU in 2011.

I'm not sure if you believe the stuff you type or just throw it out there.

Looks like we finally have the answer to the riddle of how many ndsu graduates it takes to run a fantasy football team.

Exactly!!!! After Wyoming our questions about the team, mainly the offense, should be answered.

not really, because those same player will get game time experience, it also can make a team better

a good ass whipping like UNI laid on us last year was a good thing IMO, no different when Indiana st beat us we woke up a loss isnt always negative

You might want to share that Sept 19th is just another game with the Bison media crew. I think they have some special things planned for that day that they aren't doing for UNI.

I also have a feeling Sept 19th will be the weekend every NDSU sport has kids on campus for recruiting (just speculation). You don't do that for just another game.

I don't deny the demand is there but to continue to downplay having UND visit while everything in NDSUs athletic dept says otherwise is getting old.

Absolutely the ND media is going to Hype it.....i dare ANYONE to find someone that wont be watching or listening that grew up in ND, its a ND business persons dream to have ads the week leading up to and during the game.

also who in the Athletic Dept has said anything negative?  if they have i missed it and would like to read or hear it

NDSU really isn't making a lot of money. $60 x 2000 or whatever number of tickets.

NDSU hasn't needed atmosphere for a few years. But this will be a better one than normal I agree.

Playing UND will make a lot of scalpers and season ticket holders a nice chunk of money though.

Family has a couple tickets on the 35. Dad says he'll start listening to offers at $1500 for the pair if any are interested.

Actually you have to take the difference between what most tix are priced at and what the face is for UND. So now you have 25.00 x 2000 if there are even that many single game tix available. So people really need to just stop with the money NDSU takes in from this game.

If the bison could sell their tickets for $20 more per game why wouldn't they? It would be dam stupid to be selling underpriced tickets with such a high demand. Is it because the Fargo hicks can't afford a more expensive ticket? I guess the trailer has to stay heated some how......

If the bison could sell their tickets for $20 more per game why wouldn't they? It would be dam stupid to be selling underpriced tickets with such a high demand. Is it because the Fargo hicks can't afford a more expensive ticket? I guess the trailer has to stay heated some how......

Good question. They should. They are undervalued right now and should be raised.

After UND elected to end the rivalry with NDSU in 2003, the popularity and success of NDSU has grown exponentially. Why exactly does NDSU need UND?

I guess you fail to understand how the tickets are priced. BTW how much are your season tickets? Seems yours are much cheaper. to help with the heating bills in GF? LOL

OK. The difference between alumnus and alumni was a fantasy football team. Thanks for the clarification. Is the difference still a football team, or have things changed?

Good question. They should. They are undervalued right now and should be raised.

After UND elected to end the rivalry with NDSU in 2003, the popularity and success of NDSU has grown exponentially. Why exactly does NDSU need UND?

They don't, just like UND doesn't need NDSU. It's the fans that want the two teams to play not stubborn people like RT, Kupchella, Gene Taylor and others that closed the door on the rivalry. It's the ordinary football fan from all parts of the state, region and country that want this game to happen like it did since 1894.

Wait until the shift happens and they don't punch the ticket to Frisco or go into a home playoff rut then the wheels will come off the bandwagon and tickets will be more available for cheap.

They don't, just like UND doesn't need NDSU. It's the fans that want the two teams to play not stubborn people like RT, Kupchella, Gene Taylor and others that closed the door on the rivalry. It's the ordinary football fan from all parts of the state, region and country that want this game to happen like it did since 1894.

UND needs to quit screwing around in the Big Sky and push the Missouri Valley/Summit League hard for entry.

If Fargo U's athletic department "could have easily" done it and didn't, then they are pretty incompetent.  But I guess money is no issue in Fargo, despite a decade old project still $1.5 million short or the current project having an enormous funding deficit that has caused some pretty significant cuts to the original plans.

Do you really doubt that NDSU could, for instance, have raised ticket prices by 5 dollars for all games, rather than a total of $30 for the UNI and UND games and still have sold out?

For so-called "dynamic pricing" schemes to make much sense for a given team, that team must a) sell a significant number of tickets outside of an all-or-nothing single price season ticket package, and b) already be at or near the maximum ticket price that market would bear for all games on the schedule.  I would say that neither of those conditions apply to NDSU. 

In this case, I do agree with you. NDSUs ticket pricing policy makes no sense.

UND needs to quit screwing around in the Big Sky and push the Missouri Valley/Summit League hard for entry.

Thank you for your input. It'll be taken under advisement.

But since you're free to give athletic department advice, here's some in return: Move into the twenty-first century by getting your athletic participation ratio (68 men/32 women) into alignment with your general student body ratio (56 men/44 women).

I'm sure that'll be taken under the same advisement.

NDSU really isn't making a lot of money. $60 x 2000 or whatever number of tickets.

NDSU hasn't needed atmosphere for a few years. But this will be a better one than normal I agree.

Playing UND will make a lot of scalpers and season ticket holders a nice chunk of money though.

Family has a couple tickets on the 35. Dad says he'll start listening to offers at $1500 for the pair if any are interested.

Actually, the correct calculation would be 2,000 X ($60-$35), or $50,000 additional revenue from the UND game, or $75,000 if you assume that NDSU will sell 3,000 single game tickets for the game. But then, that ignores the money they're losing on the underpriced, non-premium games. 

Truthfully, NDSU does better as a result of the $125,000 low-ball guarantee fee paid to UND, than it does on the premium on UND ticket sales.

Do you really doubt that NDSU could, for instance, have raised ticket prices by 5 dollars for all games, rather than a total of $30 for the UNI and UND games and still have sold out?

For so-called "dynamic pricing" schemes to make much sense for a given team, that team must a) sell a significant number of tickets outside of an all-or-nothing single price season ticket package, and b) already be at or near the maximum ticket price that market would bear for all games on the schedule.  I would say that neither of those conditions apply to NDSU. 

In this case, I do agree with you. NDSUs ticket pricing policy makes no sense.

No doubt NDSU could have just rasied prices $5 but they still would have been stupid if they didn't charge significantly more for the UND game.  Perhaps $40 or $45 for a regular ticket plus the additional $5 for UNI and $25 for UND, still nets them a lot more money.  Especially, when the school says they can't afford COA at this point, $50,000 looks a lot better than $0.  As for dynamic pricing, you first point makes sense but the second doesn't have to be necessary.  I think this year show's that is the case.  It's dynamic pricing, albeit not at the maximum amount NDSU could charge.

How does the increase in price in season tickets relate to this discussion as well?  Was it a natural yearly price increase or do you see the UND game having any effect?  Additionally, I heard there is now a mandatory teammakers fee included on certain tickets.  True?