SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Here's an attempt to extinguish this dumpster fire of a thread. On game day, the Fargo Forum will usually break down the matchups of the Bison and their opponent and check off who they feel has the advantage. We like our offense, you like your defense. Where do you as UND fans feel your team can create problems for the Bison? I think we can all agree on who the favorite in this game will be, and I'm not saying that like it's a sure win for NDSU...because that's why they play the game. But, where do you think the Forum would give you a check or two, or three or four, etc.?

Here's an attempt to extinguish this dumpster fire of a thread. On game day, the Fargo Forum will usually break down the matchups of the Bison and their opponent and check off who they feel has the advantage. We like our offense, you like your defense. Where do you as UND fans feel your team can create problems for the Bison? I think we can all agree on who the favorite in this game will be, and I'm not saying that like it's a sure win for NDSU...because that's why they play the game. But, where do you think the Forum would give you a check or two, or three or four, etc.?

Because it's the "Fargo Forum" all checks will go to NDSU, UND could blow out Wyoming and Drake, NDSU could get blown out by Montana and upset by Weber St and still get all the checks. That's why they play the game.

Here's an attempt to extinguish this dumpster fire of a thread. On game day, the Fargo Forum will usually break down the matchups of the Bison and their opponent and check off who they feel has the advantage. We like our offense, you like your defense. Where do you as UND fans feel your team can create problems for the Bison? I think we can all agree on who the favorite in this game will be, and I'm not saying that like it's a sure win for NDSU...because that's why they play the game. But, where do you think the Forum would give you a check or two, or three or four, etc.?

Not sure if we'll get one. UND will have a lot of new faces in some key positions on defense. Not one skill position on offense is decided. Offensive line is a question mark.

NDSU is the 4 time defending champ. The last few years they have recruited and signed who they have wanted. They are good and have depth.

Regarding check marks- Maybe kicker.

Both of my grandpas put their lives on the line overseas so that we didn't have to grow up in a world controlled by a brutal dictator. Nice try.

I bet they were also racist as puck against they blacks. I bet none of them would fight next to a black man. Just because they fought hitler doesn't absolve them of being racist.

Not sure if we'll get one. UND will have a lot of new faces in some key positions on defense. Not one skill position on offense is decided. Offensive line is a question mark.

NDSU is the 4 time defending champ. The last few years they have recruited and signed who they have wanted. They are good and have depth.

Regarding check marks- Maybe kicker.

Appreciate the reply. I would agree with kicker as that is one of our unknowns at this point. I know you guys are excited about the LB core, could that be a spot where you may have an edge? In the past, the 3-4 has given the Bison issues. That trend doesn't seem to be as noticeable lately, but UNI runs it and they had their way with our offense in Cedar Falls last season.

Maybe the whinny trolls will go bicker there and maybe we can get this thread back on track. Carson could be a bust but we will have to wait and see

Right, because your previous post was such a good attempt at getting this back on track. I'm not looking to argue, but what would lead you to believe Carson Wentz could be a bust? You do know he already has a season under his belt, don't you?

Appreciate the reply. I would agree with kicker as that is one of our unknowns at this point. I know you guys are excited about the LB core, could that be a spot where you may have an edge? In the past, the 3-4 has given the Bison issues. That trend doesn't seem to be as noticeable lately, but UNI runs it and they had their way with our offense in Cedar Falls last season.

Linebackers are very good but hard to say they are better than one of the best defensive units in the country consistently. They really have to prove it and play at the level of late last year and not the early part of the year. I'd give the nod to NDSU

I bet they were also racist as puck against they blacks. I bet none of them would fight next to a black man. Just because they fought hitler doesn't absolve them of being racist.

When UND fan starts calling the grandparents of a Bison fan, who they have never met, racist against blacks, you know you have won, and they certainly have nothing to add to the discussion on the game to be played against UND and NDSU in 2015.

This is just sad. You guys have nothing left in the tank.

When UND fan starts calling the grandparents of a Bison fan, who they have never met, racist against blacks, you know you have won, and they certainly have nothing to add to the discussion on the game to be played against UND and NDSU in 2015.

Says the guy whose fanbase calls this the Hitler Youth Board, and how we live in the "bunker". You guys aren't so squeaky clean.

You should be very proud. The entire graduating class of 2012 looks up to you.

Why don't you go cry about it on bisonville ? If you can't take the ridicule coming onto a rival website and calling people racist yourself then maybe you should rethink posting. Go where you belong troll .....
  • Upvote 1

Right, because your previous post was such a good attempt at getting this back on track. I'm not looking to argue, but what would lead you to believe Carson Wentz could be a bust? You do know he already has a season under his belt, don't you?

I was just trying to put the troll in his place . I just think things may be different for wentz without his star backfield behind him. Is his receiver core going to stay on track? He does have his hogs back so that may help a lot. Your right he has only showed us one season.

What difference does that make in being named to preseason all Big Sky team? UND's claimed strength for this season is the defense, but not a single player considered worthy of preseason all Big Sky?

I think we will be fine considering we had arguably the best D in the Big Sky last year and all of the key contributors are back.

I think we will be fine considering we had arguably the best D in the Big Sky last year and all of the key contributors are back.

I was very proud of last years defense. With the offense going many 3 and outs they still held strong. In the first few games didn't they have like half of the points scored by UND? Sad stat for the teams but shows the defense was dominant.

I was very proud of last years defense. With the offense going many 3 and outs they still held strong. In the first few games didn't they have like half of the points scored by UND? Sad stat for the teams but shows the defense was dominant.

Yeah I remember that.  They single handedly beat Stony Brook, if I remember correctly.

I'm excited to see what this SEC CB can do.  Passing plays on 3rd downs were defiantly our weakness.  Will we be better in this area this year?  Or is it a wait and see type of deal?

I was just trying to put the troll in his place . I just think things may be different for wentz without his star backfield behind him. Is his receiver core going to stay on track? He does have his hogs back so that may help a lot. Your right he has only showed us one season.

I couldn't agree more that things may be different for Wentz without Crockett back there. In fact, I think they for sure will be different. Crock was a senior last year, and he wanted to go out big and be the workhorse for that team, and Carson didn't have a problem giving him the ball 368 times. Guy almost ran for 2,000 yards. I think Carson knew that he'd get his turn as a Senior the following year. The coaches have already said they've expanded the playbook and given Carson more pre snap responsibilities. His receiving core returns a 6th year senior in Zach Vraa who came back because he had an injury plagued season last year and he has professional aspirations after college. True sophmore RJ Urzendowski returns after a huge freshman year, Clutch player. Moody, another Sr. and former walk on comes back after missing last year. Depth could be there with who they have and also with the addition of an incoming freshman WR that could possibly play right away from what I hear. I think TE is one of the strongest positions on the team. A lot of weapons for Carson to choose from. I'm taking a wait and see approach with the RB's because I can't say for sure how they'll do at this point. One thing I am pretty sure of though is, and that's the line you mentioned. If Johnson and Kelly are both 100% when the season starts, this line could really be something special. Dunn at RB showed some things at the spring game that blew me away. King is the Nebraska transfer and Morlock is the former Spud. These 3 running behind that line should hopefully be able to find a way to get a few yards, and keep opposing defenses honest. So after saying all of that, my point is that I think the different pieces being put into place are probably going to help Carson even more. After what he showed us last year, which was a pretty good for a first year starter, there's no reason for me to doubt he'll be successful again. 

I think most of us over here realize Carson is a very good QB and likely have a very nice year.  There may be some question marks or changes with your team, but you guys are just reloading at this point, Wentz will be fine....especially behind that line.   Our bringing it up that he wasn't on the preseason team I think was more in surprise, that is why there was a question mark at the end of his statement.  It was not a put down.  We left the put downs to your entire 2011 class, as of course he had to fire back right away and state how we didn't have any lol.   Seriously that guy is a..........well I won't say, I think we all know what he is. 

No doubt this will be the toughest match for UND.  The Bison have many weapons.  Will UND be able to bring pressure on Wentz?  Will UND be able to force the Bison into 3rd and long?  Will the UND CB's be able to cover?  Will UND be able to move the ball on offense?   many ????  This game could be a blow out or it could come down to FG.  We really just don't know.  I do know our defense will be better than last year.  more depth and experience for sure.   Offense should also improve, how much is a big ??.   Just happy for the opportunity to play the best and hope we play our best.

I couldn't agree more that things may be different for Wentz without Crockett back there. In fact, I think they for sure will be different. Crock was a senior last year, and he wanted to go out big and be the workhorse for that team, and Carson didn't have a problem giving him the ball 368 times. Guy almost ran for 2,000 yards. I think Carson knew that he'd get his turn as a Senior the following year. The coaches have already said they've expanded the playbook and given Carson more pre snap responsibilities. His receiving core returns a 6th year senior in Zach Vraa who came back because he had an injury plagued season last year and he has professional aspirations after college. True sophmore RJ Urzendowski returns after a huge freshman year, Clutch player. Moody, another Sr. and former walk on comes back after missing last year. Depth could be there with who they have and also with the addition of an incoming freshman WR that could possibly play right away from what I hear. I think TE is one of the strongest positions on the team. A lot of weapons for Carson to choose from. I'm taking a wait and see approach with the RB's because I can't say for sure how they'll do at this point. One thing I am pretty sure of though is, and that's the line you mentioned. If Johnson and Kelly are both 100% when the season starts, this line could really be something special. Dunn at RB showed some things at the spring game that blew me away. King is the Nebraska transfer and Morlock is the former Spud. These 3 running behind that line should hopefully be able to find a way to get a few yards, and keep opposing defenses honest. So after saying all of that, my point is that I think the different pieces being put into place are probably going to help Carson even more. After what he showed us last year, which was a pretty good for a first year starter, there's no reason for me to doubt he'll be successful again. 

I think it will be an interesting match-up between UND's front seven and NDSU's line. Schmidt will likely be aggressive to try to force NDSU into making mistakes and the 3-4 defense can bring pressure in a lot of ways and can be quite a bit different from the normal 4-3 defense that they typically see.  UND's secondary will have to be solid as they will likely see some 1-1 coverage in those situations and Wentz can get the ball there in a hurry.  If UND can get pressure on Wentz (tough task with a strong line for NDSU), it seemed last year he was more apt to tuck it and run rather than step up in the pocket and continue his reads.  When he's running, which he's very capable of, he has a tendency to not secure the ball very well and also go for contact instead of sliding.  Those two things are fixable and it could be a non-issue but it was noticeable last year. If they still hold true, UND needs to be ready to get a shot on him and go after the ball when he's running.

I have no clue what will happen when UND has the ball.  UND started finding a rhythm running the ball the end of last year and the OL coach has done a really good job of molding the lineman he inherited into a solid group.  The QB and RB however are both big question marks.  On the flip side, NDSU is losing a lot, especially right up the middle.  I'd assume the returning strength of their defense is the CB position, which probably doesn't give them a huge advantage as I don't think UND has one stand-out receiver, more of just a committee approach, no one particular guy to focus on.

I think it will be an interesting match-up between UND's front seven and NDSU's line. Schmidt will likely be aggressive to try to force NDSU into making mistakes and the 3-4 defense can bring pressure in a lot of ways and can be quite a bit different from the normal 4-3 defense that they typically see.  UND's secondary will have to be solid as they will likely see some 1-1 coverage in those situations and Wentz can get the ball there in a hurry.  If UND can get pressure on Wentz (tough task with a strong line for NDSU), it seemed last year he was more apt to tuck it and run rather than step up in the pocket and continue his reads.  When he's running, which he's very capable of, he has a tendency to not secure the ball very well and also go for contact instead of sliding.  Those two things are fixable and it could be a non-issue but it was noticeable last year. If they still hold true, UND needs to be ready to get a shot on him and go after the ball when he's running.

I have no clue what will happen when UND has the ball.  UND started finding a rhythm running the ball the end of last year and the OL coach has done a really good job of molding the lineman he inherited into a solid group.  The QB and RB however are both big question marks.  On the flip side, NDSU is losing a lot, especially right up the middle.  I'd assume the returning strength of their defense is the CB position, which probably doesn't give them a huge advantage as I don't think UND has one stand-out receiver, more of just a committee approach, no one particular guy to focus on.

The only thing I'd disagree with is the not strong up the middle comment.  You were probably referencing our safeties which definitely is a huge question mark,  but on the line we do return Tanguay and Schaetz and have other guys who saw meaningful minutes last year.  DeLuca will have to step up big time.  I'm not as high on him as other Bison fans.  I think he drops too far back when in coverage and is slow to make run/pass reads.  Of course, those things are easy to fix and he definitely possesses the physical tools to be really special.

NDSU might of lost some guys on defense but they will reload and will probably have the best defense we will face this year.  The big question mark  is whether will be able to move the ball to any degree in a very hostile environment.    If we can't move the ball it is going to be a very long day.      Even though most of us think our defense is going to be our strength,  NDSU's offense is will be very good and will be tough to contain.  Our offense will need to be a lot better than last year.

This game should be a ton of fun. Even with the rivalry being absent for so many years, I think the players will be pretty amped up for this game. UND has something to prove, and NDSU will want to run them out of the stadium. I think there will certainly be enough hype generated leading up to this game that player will have a grasp for what this means to (most) fans.

Fargodome is going to be jacked up and a very loud environment. Anyone know when the last time is they lost at home? This will be a very tall order for UND, but it should be a fun one.

This game should be a ton of fun. Even with the rivalry being absent for so many years, I think the players will be pretty amped up for this game. UND has something to prove, and NDSU will want to run them out of the stadium. I think there will certainly be enough hype generated leading up to this game that player will have a grasp for what this means to (most) fans.

Fargodome is going to be jacked up and a very loud environment. Anyone know when the last time is they lost at home? This will be a very tall order for UND, but it should be a fun one.

Darell's favorite game the past 10+ years...

NDSU lost to Indiana St at home in 2012. If you need any details, Darell is your guy. He can do the play by play from it.

Darell's favorite game the past 10+ years...

NDSU lost to Indiana St at home in 2012. If you need any details, Darell is your guy. He can do the play by play from it.

Not looking for play by play :) Just wanted to know how long it had been. I figured it wasn't any time too recent, though I know there have been some close ones. Hopefully, this will be a game to remember.