SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

How many posts did you just spend making up a bunch of "facts" and talking about a hypothetical game in MSP?  What does that have to do with the 2015 game?

This is the dumpster fire thread isnt it? All sorts of stuff have been talking points. The NDSU-UND game is a different thread. Just saying.

This is the dumpster fire thread isnt it? All sorts of stuff have been talking points. The NDSU-UND game is a different thread. Just saying.

I'm not the one that has an issue with it, the entire Fargo University graduating class of 2011 is.

As previously stated, this thread has definitely lived up to its name.  And the NDSU/UND game thread has been closed.

I'm not the one that has an issue with it, the entire Fargo University graduating class of 2011 is.

As previously stated, this thread has definitely lived up to its name. And the NDSU/UND game thread has been closed.

I don't have any issue with NDSU and their funding level for women's sports vs men's. I personally think Title 9 is ridiculous. It is anti discriminatory.

I personally think Title 9 is ridiculous. It is anti discriminatory.

Those two statements contradict each other:

- Title IX is supposed to eliminate discrimination (be anti discriminatory). That's its selling point.

- Yet, you call it 'ridiculous'. 

Why mention its selling point if it's ridiculous? 

• Upvote 1

You really believe they could sell out at $60 a ticket every game?

What you're not getting is that only a very few tickets actually sell at $60 a piece. Most of the tickets are either student tickets (4,000) or are sold as part of  season ticket package (12,000). The face value of a ticket makes no difference to either season ticketholders or students. Sideline reserved season tickets packages are $205, would it make any difference to season ticketholders if you said that the UND ticket was $200 and the other 5 were a dollar a piece? No, it's still $205.

In the end, you're really only left with a relative handful of tickets that the "premium" even applies to.

Or if the Dept of Education sees it as a violation of federal law. U of Minn just got called on the carpet by the Civil Rights Div of that same Education department for a lot less discrepancy.

Btw, the NCAA does not have any enforcement of Title IX, only requires a certain number of women's sports for DI. But to Bison fans, NCAA compliance is critical so no probation happens. Federal compliance is a waste of money and not a big deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  From my understanding of how NDSU's is applying the interests and abilities test for Title IX compliance, all it would take is for someone to circulate a petition to a number of NDSU's women's club teams (women's hockey, lacrosse, whatever it takes to make up the 150+ equivalencies) to see if there is support for starting an NCAA program with scholarships and then present it to NDSU's administration.   NDSU's administration would then need to start women's athletic programs or risk not being in compliance and thus subject to lawsuits.    Is this correct?  Let's get on this.  It seems like it's only a matter of time until either NDSU funds the equivalencies by starting women's sports, drops 150 scholarships of mens sports (So long Bucky) , or better yet loses a big lawsuit and then does the first two. 

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. From my understanding of how NDSU's is applying the interests and abilities test for Title IX compliance, all it would take is for someone to circulate a petition to a number of NDSU's women's club teams (women's hockey, lacrosse, whatever it takes to make up the 150+ equivalencies) to see if there is support for starting an NCAA program with scholarships and then present it to NDSU's administration. NDSU's administration would then need to start women's athletic programs or risk not being in compliance and thus subject to lawsuits. Is this correct? Let's get on this. It seems like it's only a matter of time until either NDSU funds the equivalencies by starting women's sports, drops 150 scholarships of mens sports (So long Bucky) , or better yet loses a big lawsuit and then does the first two.

You guys are the most pathetic fan base I have ever seen in my life. You could care less about women's sports at NDSU. You guys will do anything to try to drag NDSU down rather than to try to lift your own programs up. It is pathetic.

Sundog nation better get ready for the ass kicking that is coming this September.

• Downvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. From my understanding of how NDSU's is applying the interests and abilities test for Title IX compliance, all it would take is for someone to circulate a petition to a number of NDSU's women's club teams (women's hockey, lacrosse, whatever it takes to make up the 150+ equivalencies) to see if there is support for starting an NCAA program with scholarships and then present it to NDSU's administration. NDSU's administration would then need to start women's athletic programs or risk not being in compliance and thus subject to lawsuits. Is this correct? Let's get on this. It seems like it's only a matter of time until either NDSU funds the equivalencies by starting women's sports, drops 150 scholarships of mens sports (So long Bucky) , or better yet loses a big lawsuit and then does the first two.

Lol bro. Have fun with that.

You guys are the most pathetic fan base I have ever seen in my life. You could care less about women's sports at NDSU. You guys will do anything to try to drag NDSU down rather than to try to lift your own programs up. It is pathetic.

Sundog nation better get ready for the ass kicking that is coming this September.

So wanting NDSU to apply the same Title IX standards as 99% of DI is somehow pathetic?

You obviously haven't been exposed to much other than Gene Taylor's behind. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

What you're not getting is that only a very few tickets actually sell at $60 a piece. Most of the tickets are either student tickets (4,000) or are sold as part of season ticket package (12,000). The face value of a ticket makes no difference to either season ticketholders or students. Sideline reserved season tickets packages are $205, would it make any difference to season ticketholders if you said that the UND ticket was $200 and the other 5 were a dollar a piece? No, it's still $205.

In the end, you're really only left with a relative handful of tickets that the "premium" even applies to.

You should go read your quote again. You said they could charge the $60 premium for every game and sell out.

Be careful who you hire to do the petitiin drive..

Oh, this stuff justs writes itself!!

It would be fair if the same rules applied to NDSU as every one else. That hasn't happened since 1960. There a reason NDSU only started winning that year.

Because they changed the name of the university and found a football coach?

It would be fair if the same rules applied to NDSU as every one else. That hasn't happened since 1960. There a reason NDSU only started winning that year.

The same rules do apply to NDSU as everyone else. Maybe NDSU should get the same level level of subsidies as UND does so they can be on the same level. Last year UND received nearly twice the subsidies for their athletic programs as NDSU.

So you are saying you wish UND didn't support their women's sports either? You don't give a s##t about women's sports, you just wish NDSU was flushing money down the toilet like UND is with their women's hockey, swimming & diving  and tennis programs. 

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  From my understanding of how NDSU's is applying the interests and abilities test for Title IX compliance, all it would take is for someone to circulate a petition to a number of NDSU's women's club teams (women's hockey, lacrosse, whatever it takes to make up the 150+ equivalencies) to see if there is support for starting an NCAA program with scholarships and then present it to NDSU's administration.   NDSU's administration would then need to start women's athletic programs or risk not being in compliance and thus subject to lawsuits.    Is this correct?  Let's get on this.  It seems like it's only a matter of time until either NDSU funds the equivalencies by starting women's sports, drops 150 scholarships of mens sports (So long Bucky) , or better yet loses a big lawsuit and then does the first two. 

Whats Bucky have to do with this? Hes been retired for a while now.