SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

If UND gets beat by 14 points , it will be a toe to toe victory and a whole lot of we played right with you.

And if UND wins we will hear every excuse under the sun why the Bison lost from the refs and dirty play to not enough beer in the dome.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/1081-engelstad-not-a-nazi/?p=17837

But please, carry on with the revisionism (or is rumor mongering considered academics in some circles).

OJ was innocent too.

Dude clearly had some sort of unhealthy fascination with all things Nazi. Whether he was or wasn't a Nazi isn't that important to me though.

But I agree, tough to throw rocks at NDSU when your university's major donor was throwing birthday parties or whatever for the Führer.

OJ was innocent too.

Dude clearly had some sort of unhealthy fascination with all things Nazi. Whether he was or wasn't a Nazi isn't that important to me though.

But I agree, tough to throw rocks at NDSU when your university's major donor was throwing birthday parties or whatever for the Führer.

John, John, John, the FBI has no burden of proof like a court or jury. The FBI could've spread whatever innuendo they wanted. The FBI said they found nothing. 

John, John, John, the FBI has no burden of proof like a court or jury. The FBI could've spread whatever innuendo they wanted. The FBI said they found nothing.

Are you going to say that he didn't have an eccentric and disturbing taste for Hitler/Nazi memorabilia?

Hitler birthday parties and portraits of himself in a Nazi uniform is enough for me to go ahead and say I wouldn't want to be associated with him in any way shape ,or form.

Are you going to say that he didn't have an eccentric and disturbing taste for Hitler/Nazi memorabilia?

Hitler birthday parties and portraits of himself in a Nazi uniform is enough for me to go ahead and say I wouldn't want to be associated with him in any way shape ,or form.

It takes all kinds. As long as it stuck to collecting stuff, hey, some folks collect dead animals and hang them on walls. Not my thing either. 

Don't you understand, Little Johnny went to NDSU so he obviously knows more than everyone else. Especially people from places like Washington, DC and Las Vegas, people that were trained to investigate. Especially about things that happened around the time he was born. After all, he learned them from BSville. BSville innuendo is the most powerful proof of all in his mind.

Don't you understand, Little Johnny went to NDSU so he obviously knows more than everyone else. Especially people from places like Washington, DC and Las Vegas, people that were trained to investigate. Especially about things that happened around the time he was born. After all, he learned them from BSville. BSville innuendo is the most powerful proof of all in his mind.

Speaking of Vegas, they threw down quite the fine on Mr. Engelstad. So are you going to continue to pretend there was nothing weird/disturbing about what he was doing?

Speaking of Vegas, they threw down quite the fine on Mr. Engelstad. So are you going to continue to pretend there was nothing weird/disturbing about what he was doing?

Every school has a guy or gal who does things in his/her personal life that people don't agree with, you cannot say NDSU didn't have people like that.

If I could wipe my ass with $100 bills, I'd probably start collecting "weird" things as well. 

Personally, I love history, and would collect anything from prior wars, including the "bad" side.  German weapons of that time were far superior than anything anyone else was producing.  Their uniforms are obviously historical. 

This whole issue is really a non-issue.

Vegas is all about "image". Controversy hurts the image they were trying to portray. It doesn't matter whether he did anything wrong or not to Vegas, he had some controversy attached to him so they did the only thing they could, they gave him a fine.

If I could wipe my ass with $100 bills, I'd probably start collecting "weird" things as well.

Personally, I love history, and would collect anything from prior wars, including the "bad" side. German weapons of that time were far superior than anything anyone else was producing. Their uniforms are obviously historical.

I'm okay with collections of stuff. I'd probably love a lot of the stuff he had, but the portrait...and the parties... Tells me all I'll ever need to know about Mr. Engelstad.

Dude was clearly weird as all heck and an embarrassment to your university.

Personally, I love history, and would collect anything from prior wars, including the "bad" side.  German weapons of that time were far superior than anything anyone else was producing.  Their uniforms are obviously historical. 

I must add that this is hands down the best quote i have read on this forum all year.  Well done!

Sounds like you need to catch up on your history. The idea that German weapons of the era were far superior is just nonsense. Some German weapons were superior.  But, on balance, the allies were much better equipped.

Sounds like you need to catch up on your history. The idea that German weapons of the era were far superior is just nonsense. Some German weapons were superior.  But, on balance, the allies were much better equipped.

Correct. The average US soldier carried the semi auto MI Garand while the average German solder carried a bolt action (maybe a Mauser?) The MI was far superior.

The Germans did essentially invent the assault rifle (sturmgewehr) which is what the Russians used to model the AK. German tanks we also far superior but the complex production process shot them in the foot as the war continued.

Im bored in the office if you can't tell already.

Correct. The average US soldier carried the semi auto MI Garand while the average German solder carried a bolt action (maybe a Mauser?) The MI was far superior.

The Germans did essentially invent the assault rifle (sturmgewehr) which is what the Russians used to model the AK. German tanks we also far superior but the complex production process shot them in the foot as the war continued.

Im bored in the office if you can't tell already.

Last Friday I read about tanks for about 2 hours. :)

Wow you really just want to argue about anything and everything don't you?

Let's see:

1.  Gewehr 43 (Similar semi-auto to M1), although I'd probably take the M1;

2.  Sturmgewehr 44 (As mentioned above considered first assault rifle);

3.  MP40 (Similar to "Tommy Gun" with no recoil);

4.  Tiger-series tanks.  Far superior to anything the allies had;

5.  Fritz X (first "smart bomb");

6.  Sun Gun (just like it sounds like, check it out);

7.  Sonic Cannon;

8.  Whirlwind Cannon;

9.  Horten Ho 229 (first "stealth bomber");

10.  Great Gustav (largest cannon ever produced); and

11.  Tracked Mines (just think of a RC car with a bomb strapped on).

I'm fine with my knowledge in history.  Thanks

Anything WWII he collected, including Stalins and Churchill's stuff. In PC circles, collecting Stalin stuff is ok, but Churchill is verboten, at least in the Oval Office now. He would have been called a communist if he had money in the 1950s, at least by the bizons.

Every school has a guy or gal who does things in his/her personal life that people don't agree with, you cannot say NDSU didn't have people like that.

Sure every school has had a piece of !@#$ associated with their University. With that being said, Ralph gave, at the time, THE LARGEST SINGLE DONATION IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS! He is not just some guy who went to UND. He was a racist piece of !@#$ and he is tied directly to your University and was a gigantic driving force behind spending millions promoting and defending racism at UND.

• Downvote 1

Sure every school has had a piece of !@#$ associated with their University. With that being said, Ralph gave, at the time, THE LARGEST SINGLE DONATION IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS! He is not just some guy who went to UND. He was a racist piece of !@#$ and he is tied directly to your University and was a gigantic driving force behind spending millions promoting and defending racism at UND.

You're so righteous that you marched with Ron His Horse Is Thunder, isn't that right? You wouldnt protest the Utah Utes one bit, but if it messes with UND it's got to be racism. One big fat potbellied hypocrite.

Thought you were bison73 or whatever. You haven't had enough time to work on that pot, or have you?

You're so righteous that you marched with Ron His Horse Is Thunder, isn't that right? You wouldnt protest the Utah Utes one bit, but if it messes with UND it's got to be racism. One big fat potbellied hypocrite.

Thought you were bison73 or whatever. You haven't had enough time to work on that pot, or have you?

The Ute tribe didn't find it racist, hostile and abusive. There are some Sioux who found their tribe being used as a nickname to be racist, hostile and abusive. If some Sioux found it to be racist, hostile and abusive , who am I, as a non-Sioux, to say it isn't?

If I was a Sioux, I certainly wouldn't want to hear chants of Sioux Suck !@#$ while trying to watch a game.