SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  From my understanding of how NDSU's is applying the interests and abilities test for Title IX compliance, all it would take is for someone to circulate a petition to a number of NDSU's women's club teams (women's hockey, lacrosse, whatever it takes to make up the 150+ equivalencies) to see if there is support for starting an NCAA program with scholarships and then present it to NDSU's administration.   NDSU's administration would then need to start women's athletic programs or risk not being in compliance and thus subject to lawsuits.    Is this correct?  Let's get on this.  It seems like it's only a matter of time until either NDSU funds the equivalencies by starting women's sports, drops 150 scholarships of mens sports (So long Bucky) , or better yet loses a big lawsuit and then does the first two. 

What does Bucky have to do with this? He retired a few years back.

You think a petition is all it takes? LOL

Because they changed the name of the university and found a football coach?

And Teammakers vowed that they'd make NDSU actually competitive by pumping money into scholarships and even exceeding NCAA limits. When DII came out with new rules that made it harder, Team makers couldn't suck up twice the talent that they needn't anymore and belleyached for years about DII'S rules. Same playbook by Alabama in the 50s: give 120 or more scholarships so they could have depth and keep players from other teams in the SEC. Bear BryanT collected talent like cattle so Auburn, LSU, Miss St etc couldn't get much.

So you are saying you wish UND didn't support their women's sports either? You don't give a s##t about women's sports, you just wish NDSU was flushing money down the toilet like UND is with their women's hockey, swimming & diving  and tennis programs.

Having to spend a couple million more on women's athletics wouldn't help NDSU at all. You didn't mention our softball and soccer programs, which also suck. Women's hockey should be nationally competitive.

And Teammakers vowed that they'd make NDSU actually competitive by pumping money into scholarships and even exceeding NCAA limits. When DII came out with new rules that made it harder, Team makers couldn't suck up twice the talent that they needn't anymore and belleyached for years about DII'S rules. Same playbook by Alabama in the 50s: give 120 or more scholarships so they could have depth and keep players from other teams in the SEC. Bear BryanT collected talent like cattle so Auburn, LSU, Miss St etc couldn't get much.

Meh, that's a long time ago and maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Though without documentation, I'll assume you are making stuff up as usual.

Perhaps I should convince my family business to put up a billboard calling you out. You know... Since I'm a member of the Newman dynasty it won't be too tough right?

Meh, that's a long time ago and maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Though without documentation, I'll assume you are making stuff up as usual.

So you believe NDSU's documentation of Dacotah field attendance too, then? There's a history of fabrication at that school, and nobody there has the balls to call them on it.

So you believe NDSU's documentation of Dacotah field attendance too, then? There's a history of fabrication at that school, and nobody there has the balls to call them on it.

No. I don't believe the attendance stuff. Will you be providing us with any information suggesting NDSU was offering more scholarships than was allowed? Not that it matters... That was 50 years ago.

Would you like me to call you Star2City or SiouxVolley on the billboard, Papa Newman is asking...

The same rules do apply to NDSU as everyone else. Maybe NDSU should get the same level level of subsidies as UND does so they can be on the same level. Last year UND received nearly twice the subsidies for their athletic programs as NDSU.

Because UND actually offers proportionate opportunities for women's athletics.  It's a novel idea, maybe NDSU will join the 21st century at some point and do the same.  And with the "accounting" that goes on at Fargo U, I wouldn't beat my chest too hard about how college finances are reported.

This is an odd comment coming from a UND fan. You seem to be saying that NDSU's recruiting advantage in DII was so large that, as long as they were offered a scholarship, players would come to NDSU to sit on the bench rather than go somewhere else, such as UND, even though they would have a much better chance of actually playing some football.

Because UND actually offers proportionate opportunities for women's athletics.  It's a novel idea, maybe NDSU will join the 21st century at some point and do the same.  And with the "accounting" that goes on at Fargo U, I wouldn't beat my chest too hard about how college finances are reported.

If you have a problem with the three "prong" Title IX compliance test, I suggest you take it up with your congressperson. As things are, there is no issue.

If NDSU is already fully accommodating the athletic interests and abilities of its female students, it could only get to substantial proportionality by either adding an unwanted women's sport, or by eliminating an existing men's sport. Neither of those alternatives really advances the cause of equal athletic opportunity for female students. 

Because UND actually offers proportionate opportunities for women's athletics. It's a novel idea, maybe NDSU will join the 21st century at some point and do the same. And with the "accounting" that goes on at Fargo U, I wouldn't beat my chest too hard about how college finances are reported.

NDSU's athletic program was 38.60% subsidized last year. UND's was 56.09% subsidized. Despite having hockey programs, revenues and expenses were very similar. NDSU took in $20,712,638 in revenue and had $20,618,838 in expenses. UND took in $23,815,870 in revenue and had $23,936,729 in expenses. The fact that really sticks out is subsidies. UND had to take on $13,357,249 in subsidies compared to $7,994,050 at NDSU.

Part of this difference lies in student fees. UND rapes their students to run their overbloated hockey programs. I think athletic student fees are $213 a year at UND compared to $78 a year at NDSU. After you factor in this difference, UND needs approx $3.5 M more per in direct institutional support and state money.

Maybe NDSU should charge students more money and take more state money like UND does to satisfy your wishes. In the meantime, I look forward to the ass kicking Bubbles and his mighty Fighting Hawks will get this September.

NDSU's athletic program was 38.60% subsidized last year. UND's was 56.09% subsidized. Despite having hockey programs, revenues and expenses were very similar. NDSU took in $20,712,638 in revenue and had $20,618,838 in expenses. UND took in $23,815,870 in revenue and had $23,936,729 in expenses. The fact that really sticks out is subsidies. UND had to take on $13,357,249 in subsidies compared to $7,994,050 at NDSU.

Part of this difference lies in student fees. UND rapes their students to run their overbloated hockey programs. I think athletic student fees are $213 a year at UND compared to $78 a year at NDSU. After you factor in this difference, UND needs approx $3.5 M more per in direct institutional support and state money.

Maybe NDSU should charge students more money and take more state money like UND does to satisfy your wishes. In the meantime, I look forward to the ass kicking Bubbles and his mighty Fighting Hawks will get this September.

There will be no ass kicking. NDSU is not God's gift to Earth. You will see you.

Good day.

UND students approved the fees to support athletics.  On top of that, you're so absolutely clueless on how athletic department funding works its not even funny. 

If you have a problem with the three "prong" Title IX compliance test, I suggest you take it up with your congressperson. As things are, there is no issue.

If NDSU is already fully accommodating the athletic interests and abilities of its female students, it could only get to substantial proportionality by either adding an unwanted women's sport, or by eliminating an existing men's sport. Neither of those alternatives really advances the cause of equal athletic opportunity for female students. 

So NDSU's position is that their female students are less interested and less able to compete in collegiate athletics than the female students at peer institutions such as SDSU, UND, and USD.  That's an interesting position.  Maybe NDSU should put that on a recruiting poster.  

I'd love an NDSU administrator try and justify the 150 scholarship gap between men's and women's athletics at NDSU.  It's pretty much indefensible.  This would be the perfect issue for someone at the Forum or Herald to do a story on if they weren't too busy breathlessly covering UND's new nickname process.

So NDSU's position is that their female students are less interested and less able to compete in collegiate athletics than the female students at peer institutions such as SDSU, UND, and USD.  That's an interesting position.  Maybe NDSU should put that on a recruiting poster.  

I'd love an NDSU administrator try and justify the 150 scholarship gap between men's and women's athletics at NDSU.  It's pretty much indefensible.  This would be the perfect issue for someone at the Forum or Herald to do a story on if they weren't too busy breathlessly covering UND's new nickname process.

That's not NDSU's wording. Again, if you have a problem with the law take it up with your congressperson.

Disagree based on what?

I disagree with UND-FB-FAN's statement that it won't be an ass-kicking. I suspect that UND will have to lose by half the game time point spread for the game not to be considered an ass-kicking. 

Pretty crazy you guys are trying to call out NDSU for its funding of women's athletics and feel like it is some sort of travesty, but your university has spent millions upon millions defending a racist, abusive, and hostile nickname that many of you still cling on to like it is your life. You Univeristy has also praised Ralph Englestad for his philanthropy to UND and ignored the fact that he was a racist Nazi sympathizer. I'd worry more about separating the stigmas associated with your racist university before making claims that NDSU is sexist.

I disagree with UND-FB-FAN's statement that it won't be an ass-kicking. I suspect that UND will have to lose by half the game time point spread for the game not to be considered an ass-kicking.

If UND gets beat by 14 points , it will be a toe to toe victory and a whole lot of we played right with you.

Las Vegas Review-Journal says that four years of FBI investigations failed to turn up any evidence that the late Ralph Engelstad was a Nazi or had any links to the Nazi party. 

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/1081-engelstad-not-a-nazi/?p=17837

But please, carry on with the revisionism (or is rumor mongering considered academics in some circles).