SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

18 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

I think vessey has this one. Especially after Michigan gets bumped opening round of ncaa's

I agree.  I would think Vesey has it, especially being that he is a senior leader and was in the running last year too.
The problem with the Michigan trio is they will divide votes between them and make it harder for one of them to win it.  Plus, after giving the Hobey to a freshman last year...they might not want to do that two years in a row with Connor.

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

One would think that a team with three Hobey candidates must be the favorite to win the national title?

They're my favorite to lose in the first round by the score of 8-6, with the CCM line scoring all 6 of their goals...but unfortunately for them, their horrible defense and goalie letting in 8.  :)

EDIT: Brad sums it up pretty well:

All three members of Michigan’s top line make it. They have great numbers. But it’s worth noting that Michigan played 1 of 34 games against teams ranked in the top third nationally in team defense. The Wolverines did not play a team ranked in the top 10 in this week’s USCHO poll. That makes it a bit easier.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:22 AM, bale31 said:

The next two years are the ones I'm excited about for msu. We're losing a decent amount from our seniors this year, but it's not insurmountable. This year's juniors are solid and the sophomores have the potential to be really good. Our recruiting class looks really, really good. We've got 3 of the top 10 scorers in the ushl coming in including last year's minnesota Mr hockey. 

It's funny because we tied for the MacNaughton cup (which we should have won outright if not for some stupid lazy plays in the uah series) and there is a collective yawn in Mankato because it doesn't feel like it's been a good season. 

I know that's more than anyone here wanted to know about mankato. Thanks for humoring me.

Hey, thx for the info.  Although a big Sioux hockey fan, I keep track of Mankato as daughter is a frosh there and would love to see MSU join us in the NCHC (if they desire to do that), seems like a real decent program and half-decent rivalry with UND was forming over the last decade or so prior to big WCHA bust-up.   

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Hey, thx for the info.  Although a big Sioux hockey fan, I keep track of Mankato as daughter is a frosh there and would love to see MSU join us in the NCHC (if they desire to do that), seems like a real decent program and half-decent rivalry with UND was forming over the last decade or so prior to big WCHA bust-up.   

18 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I agree with everything you said here.  Sucks that Cam is getting penalized due to the uber talented dcore in front of him.

I actually think Cam is getting penalized due to missing 1/3 of the season with an injury moreso than the D core.  I hope Vesey wins it.

31 minutes ago, keikla said:

I actually think Cam is getting penalized due to missing 1/3 of the season with an injury moreso than the D core.  I hope Vesey wins it.

Maybe, he's played in 2 less games than Vesey.  Does Vesey get dinged for playing in less games?  I doubt it.

31 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Maybe, he's played in 2 less games than Vesey.  Does Vesey get dinged for playing in less games?  I doubt it.

ECAC plays a shorter schedule as a whole, and Vesey missed 1 game of his team's 31.  Johnson missed 10 of UND's 38.  I don't think that's comparable.

29 minutes ago, keikla said:

ECAC plays a shorter schedule as a whole, and Vesey missed 1 game of his team's 31.  Johnson missed 10 of UND's 38.  I don't think that's comparable.

Yes, I am aware that the Ivy schools play a shorter schedule I was simply trying to make a point.  If Johnson had played in only 10 or 15 games I would agree but when you play close to 30 I'm starting to get to the point where he's having an elite year....as good as Demko and Lyon.

Last weekly edition of Bracketology before the conference tourneys:

East Regional (Albany):
13 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
16 Robert Morris vs. 2 Quinnipiac
10 Yale vs 8 Massachusetts-Lowell

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
14 Michigan Tech vs. 3 St. Cloud State
12 Notre Dame vs. 7 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
15 Minnesota vs. 1 North Dakota
9 Boston University vs. 6 Denver

Once again, QU is in the easiest bracket on paper, and that West regional is a killer.
This is, of course, still assuming that UMN wins the B10 tourney.

15 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Last weekly edition of Bracketology before the conference tourneys:

East Regional (Albany):
13 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
16 Robert Morris vs. 2 Quinnipiac
10 Yale vs 8 Massachusetts-Lowell

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
14 Michigan Tech vs. 3 St. Cloud State
12 Notre Dame vs. 7 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
15 Minnesota vs. 1 North Dakota
9 Boston University vs. 6 Denver

Once again, QU is in the easiest bracket on paper, and that West regional is a killer.
This is, of course, still assuming that UMN wins the B10 tourney.

Agreed that NE bracket does not look all that good, but you never know.  The West and East brackets are brutal.  Even the MW site doesn't look all that tough.

Just now, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kunin's NCAA career is coming to a close depending on who drafts him.  Won't take much to get him to go CHL.  As for thr tournament, it's as if friends and family didn't bother attending.

Probably right, which is too bad. Very good player on a very bad team. 

I really don't know how you couldn't fire Eaves after this season concludes. Firing the assistants didn't work, what's left other than the head coach? They need a change.