SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

If you were to cull the best talent out of both of these teams and put them in the NCHC, I'm guessing a 5th place finish sounds about right.

I disagree. Miami would finish above them. And probably Omaha-ha. I don't see enough goaltending or defense to compete in the NCHC. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, keikla said:

ECAC plays a shorter schedule as a whole, and Vesey missed 1 game of his team's 31.  Johnson missed 10 of UND's 38.  I don't think that's comparable.

You're missing he point though.  It's nothing to do with home many games Johnson missed but how many games he played to at least have a large enough sample size so to speak (like requiring say 475 at bats to win the batting average crown in MLB) to measure one's season.  Johnson played 28 games while Vesey played 30 games so just 2 less games.  Basically Johnson played enough games to measure his season.  If one says 28 games isn't enough then quite possibly one could say 30 games isn't enough either.  

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

The best part of this picture is all the varying emotions.
You have some people that were too busy cheering to see the no goal call, so they're still celebrating UMN "tying" it up.
You have some angry fans.  You have some "disbelieving head holders".
And then you have the one (maybe drunk) fan still sieving the UW goalie during the entire goal review and subsequent no goal call.

Good stuff.

I'm giving it a shot at work tomorrow as a new computer screen background.  Can't help but smile looking at it.