SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

47 minutes ago, keikla said:

He has long been one of the favorite refs of players.  When relatively fit people get injured from falling, I always wonder if the fall was completely accidental, or if something happened medically (vertigo, MI, stroke, seizure, etc.) to cause the fall in the first place.  Hopefully Butch has a quick recovery.

Read that he caught an edge, then hit his head on the ice. Was in warm ups, so he didn't have helmet on.

5 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Read that he caught an edge, then hit his head on the ice. Was in warm ups, so he didn't have helmet on.

Ugh, that's horrible.

19 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

I think it is highly likely that Northeastern gets sent to Cincinnati or St. Paul.  If Northeastern makes the tournament they are locked in as a #4 seed and can't play Providence.  If Quinnipiac wins they will be the #1 overall seed, and Northeastern would be sent to either Cincinnati or St. Paul.  IMO, the only way Northeastern stays east is if Quinnipiac loses and is the #3 overall seed, which requires both North Dakota and SCSU to win. 

Ah, I forgot about the intraconference thing with Providence.  I was thinking possibly Minn or Mankato to St Paul (if only one makes it), Ferris to Cinci if they win, etc..

3 minutes ago, keikla said:

Ah, I forgot about the intraconference thing with Providence.  I was thinking possibly Minn or Mankato to St Paul (if only one makes it), Ferris to Cinci if they win, etc..

No worries.  I guess we'll just have to cheer for North Dakota to win and Quinnipiac, SCSU, and Minnesota to lose.  Then we won't have to worry about Northeastern. :) 

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why is everyone so worried about who we play? Either we're good enough or not. I don't want to back our way through the tournament I want great games the whole way through.

I feel the same way. 

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why is everyone so worried about who we play? Either we're good enough or not. I don't want to back our way through the tournament I want great games the whole way through.

Personally, I want the team to win the national title.  That result is more likely if North Dakota plays Robert Morris in the First Round rather than Northeastern.  

I really couldn't care less if we backed our way through the tournament and won a national championship.  I don't believe the '83 Badgers put an asterisk on their National Title banner, and our '97 banner is still pretty nice.

Whatever path we take we just have to take care of business. I could really care less which path that is. Boys need to get it done regardless. Also UMN look pathetic last night for large stretches of their game against Ohio St. I was really surprised how much Ohio State was taking the body and how they were throwing the Goofers around. I think Michigan lites them up tonight. 

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Personally, I want the team to win the national title.  That result is more likely if North Dakota plays Robert Morris in the First Round rather than Northeastern.  

I really couldn't care less if we backed our way through the tournament and won a national championship.  I don't believe the '83 Badgers put an asterisk on their National Title banner, and our '97 banner is still pretty nice.

Exactly my thinking.  Yes, you have to beat the best in order to be the best, but there's nothing wrong with hoping to face a team that had to win an autobid instead of facing a team that would be #10 in pairwise if they had split with Bentley instead of getting swept early in the season.

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Our team is young and seem to not handle going from low level opponents to high level ones well. That reared it's ugly head yesterday.

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our team is young and seem to not handle going from low level opponents to high level ones well. That reared it's ugly head yesterday.

I don't think it's fair to equate Robert Morris (or Mankato for that matter) with CC or Western.  Robert Morris is a high level opponent...they just aren't at the level of Northeastern.  The Huskies might be playing the best hockey out of any team in the country.  

4 hours ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Actually, I checked into it and there indeed IS an asterisk on the '83 Badgers national championship banner.  :lol: