SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

10 hours ago, GDPritch said:

You're missing he point though.  It's nothing to do with home many games Johnson missed but how many games he played to at least have a large enough sample size so to speak (like requiring say 475 at bats to win the batting average crown in MLB) to measure one's season.  Johnson played 28 games while Vesey played 30 games so just 2 less games.  Basically Johnson played enough games to measure his season.  If one says 28 games isn't enough then quite possibly one could say 30 games isn't enough either.  

I get the point. I even agree.  I'm just saying that I don't think everyone who votes agrees, and that's why he's not getting adequate recognition for one hell of a season.

10 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Traffic?

9 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The post I replied to mentioned a freeway.  I assumed there may be traffic. :-).   

Be very careful what you assume.  If someone had told you that there was a hockey game being played at the Xcel Energy Center, one might assume that there would actually be fans there to watch it, and look how that turned out!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kunin's NCAA career is coming to a close depending on who drafts him.  Won't take much to get him to go CHL.  As for the tournament, it's as if friends and family didn't bother attending.

Eddie Olcyck was there watching his son play. And BTN brought him on air to tell everyone how great the B1G is at growing hockey in America. Eddie is a professional. He said it with a straight face and everything.

4 hours ago, farce poobah said:

So it appears the attendance - Thursday B1G - was 4,283.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20160317/msu/osu/

My math says:

4200 --> Each school bought 700 tickets = 6x700, but those were all lost in the mail and nobody came.

+  83 --> Another 83 outside paying customers came.

=4,283.

So 4283 is the actual attendance or the paid attendance!!

48 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Gotta think that Johnson will stay with the women's program...

Cary Eades...talk about the irony there if that happened!  WATER BOTTLE!

I think Johnson will at least interview.  Gwoz, possibly Eades (love it), Don Granato?

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So 4283 is the actual attendance or the paid attendance!!

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Definitely not actual, but why would 4,000 people pay for tickets and not show?

I think the participating schools propped up the ticket sales numbers, by selling them to themselves.   Perhaps to meet a minimum guarantee to the Xcel, or just to avoid the negative rep they'd get by announcing the real attendance of the 500 or so that were butts in the seats.  

Same thing last year ... when they claimed Thursday attendance of 3400.  (And championship game attendance of 6300.)

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20150319/osu/psu/

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Was thinking the same thing.  I doubt that his high school gig is how he wants to end his career.  Probably just a place to hang out before a head coaching job popped up. 

I've heard just the opposite. That he loves his ability to impact the lives of younger students more than his college days.