SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

They put Minnesota State on there twice.
Minnesota State is supposed to only be in the Eliminated with loss category...Minnesota Duluth is supposed to be in the Need AQ category.

Ah...thanks. If you go to the Hogg party can you cuff Mafia for me? :lol:

My daughter is coming with me so I must be good this weekend.

About the list, again with the caveat that I just copied it over, it's not meant to include every team, just every team that falls into one of those categories.  Duluth is not "in," not eliminated, and doesn't necessarily need the AQ to get in.  They can win one next weekend and potentially get in without winning the autobid.  So they're not listed in any of those categories.  I suppose a "bubble" category would include those few teams in their situation.

As for teams being listed twice (almost all of tonight's participants are), they qualify for those multiple categories.  They (teams in Mankato's situation) each need the AQ to get in (one list), and they each are eliminated with a loss tonight (another list). 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, jk said:

About the list, again with the caveat that I just copied it over, it's not meant to include every team, just every team that falls into one of those categories.  Duluth is not "in," not eliminated, and doesn't necessarily need the AQ to get in.  They can win one next weekend and potentially get in without winning the autobid.  So they're not listed in any of those categories.  I suppose a "bubble" category would include those few teams in their situation.

As for teams being listed twice (almost all of tonight's participants are), they qualify for those multiple categories.  They (teams in Mankato's situation) each need the AQ to get in (one list), and they each are eliminated with a loss tonight (another list). 

So if Duluth loses on Friday, it's still two hours north of MSP, right?  

(that's for you, bigskyvikes)  :lol:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

No Miami, no Western Michigan, no Northern Michigan...

...and maybe no LSSU and no Bowling Green?  

Lots of time for some former CCHA teams to chat about a new conference, no?

Maybe everyone will follow the Big Tens lead and we'll have a bunch of six team conferences. :cool:

.....The WCHA is looking at adding more teams and splitting into division. 

The NCHC could find itself in a pickle if Western and Miami bolt.

9 hours ago, jk said:

I've stolen this from a post by ticapnews on USCHO.  Please afford he/she full credit for the work.  I appreciate this perspective on the current status of the season.  About half the NCAA division 1 hockey players are looking for their golf clubs.

In the tournament:
Boston College
Boston University
Denver
Massachusetts-Lowell
Michigan
North Dakota
Providence
Quinnipiac
St Cloud

Eliminated:
Alabama-Huntsville
Alaska
Alaska-Anchorage
American International
Arizona State
Brown
Canisius
Clarkson
Colgate
Colorado College
Connecticut
Holy Cross
Maine
Massachusetts
Mercyhurst
Merrimack
Miami
Nebraska-Omaha
New Hampshire
Niagara
Northern Michigan
Princeton
Rensselaer
Sacred Heart
Union
Western Michigan

Need AQ:
Air Force
Army
Bemidji State
Bentley
Bowling Green
Dartmouth
Ferris State
Lake Superior
Michigan State
Minnesota
Minnesota State
Ohio State
RIT
Robert Morris
St. Lawrence
Vermont
Wisconsin

Eliminated with loss:
Bemidji State
Bentley
Bowling Green
Cornell
Lake Superior
Minnesota State
Robert Morris
Vermont

This is great but Penn State and Michigan Tech are also not on here

5 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

The Mavericks are what they are: a very average 18-17-1 college hockey team.  Although it may look like they choked during the second half of the year, I think they just had an extremely easy schedule during the first half of the season that was backloaded with this year's NCHC powerhouses in January, February, and March.  Omaha just wasn't that good to begin with, and I am glad that the season is over for Omaha and their fans.

That record would get Blais an extension at UND.  If he coached in the building to the west.