Poolman - Pattyn - Johnson

Chyzyk - Simonson - St Clair

How about these line combos?

Maybe,

Poolman - Caggiula - Parks

O'Donnell - Gaarder - Poganski

Chyzyk - Schmaltz - Johnson

Pattyn - Simonson - St Clair

Schmaltz as the 1st line center concerns me on the defensive side of the puck, that's why I moved him to the 3rd line

Caggiula - Schmaltz - Parks

Poolman - Pattyn - Johnson

Chyzyk - Simonson - St Clair

How about these line combos?

Maybe,

Poolman - Caggiula - Parks

Chyzyk - Schmaltz - Johnson

Pattyn - Simonson - St Clair

Schmaltz as the 1st line center concerns me on the defensive side of the puck, that's why I moved him to the 3rd line

I like the first set better, but I don't disagree with the apprehension of Schmaltz centering and his D play. That being said, I think what we need is scoring as our D and Zane can make up for deficiencies.

So, I'm not looking past this weekend or just assuming we will be at the Frozen Four, this is just for fun ....

Aside from my bracket having UND getting out of our region, who would we play in Boston? UMD (Solid team)? Goofers (Been playing better lately)? Yale (Great Goalie)? Boston U (Regional Favorite)? I have Duluth beating Minnesota; though that was one of the hardest games to pick on my bracket. And I have BU beating Yale, though with a hot goalie there is always upset potential. Then I have have Boston U beating Duluth. Which led me to the question of how would UND match up against BU.

'05 4-0 UND Wins (Easter Regional - Worcester)

'08 5-1 UND Loses (Icebreaker - Boston)

'12 4-2 UND Wins; 4-2 UND Loses (Grand Forks)

'13 3-1 UND Loses; 3-3 Tie (Boston)

Ultimately, the thought of playing BU doesn't scare me, but the idea of playing BU in Boston, is a little more daunting. We won a tourney game against them in Worcester, though that was in '04 and our success in Boston has not been great since then (We also lost to Yale in Worcester - NE Region '10). That being said, every year is different; different players, different teams. I think UND has the depth to win their region and the tourney, but only if they play their game.

Can this be the year we finally get #8? Can we get out of Fargo and find success in Boston? Take care of business Friday! Go Sioux!

So, I'm not looking past this weekend or just assuming we will be at the Frozen Four, this is just for fun ....

Aside from my bracket having UND getting out of our region, who would we play in Boston? UMD (Solid team)? Goofers (Been playing better lately)? Yale (Great Goalie)? Boston U (Regional Favorite)? I have Duluth beating Minnesota; though that was one of the hardest games to pick on my bracket. And I have BU beating Yale, though with a hot goalie there is always upset potential. Then I have have Boston U beating Duluth. Which led me to the question of how would UND match up against BU.

Ultimately, the thought of playing BU doesn't scare me, but the idea of playing BU in Boston, is a little more daunting. We won a tourney game against them in Worcester, though that was in '04 and our success in Boston has not been great since then (We also lost to Yale in Worcester - NE Region '10). That being said, every year is different; different players, different teams. I think UND has the depth to win their region and the tourney, but only if they play their game.

Can this be the year we finally get #8? Can we get out of Fargo and find success in Boston? Take care of business Friday! Go Sioux!

Let me begin with I think this is the year we hang #8. We are the team to beat in this tournament, we won the regular season in the toughest confrence in all of the NC$$. Now people are going to bring up the argument, "Not after last weekend, were not the team to beat." Oh we still are the team to beat IMO because last weekend meant very little in the Big Picture because if UND had won the tournament they would probably be playing in a tougher bracket than they are. Come National Tournament time on Friday the guys in the locker room are going to be so tuned in and ready to play SIOUX HOCKEY  that their wont even be a smidgen of rememberance from last weekend. Now every game is 1-and-done and the guys know it, so they are going to leave it all out on the ice and skate to #8.

• Upvote 1

So, I'm not looking past this weekend or just assuming we will be at the Frozen Four, this is just for fun ....

Aside from my bracket having UND getting out of our region, who would we play in Boston? UMD (Solid team)? Goofers (Been playing better lately)? Yale (Great Goalie)? Boston U (Regional Favorite)? I have Duluth beating Minnesota; though that was one of the hardest games to pick on my bracket. And I have BU beating Yale, though with a hot goalie there is always upset potential. Then I have have Boston U beating Duluth. Which led me to the question of how would UND match up against BU.

Outside the Eichel line, I don't find BU that intimidating, even in Boston. I believe we have the defensive players to give that line problems also. I'd honestly be more worried about Duluth coming out of that Region.

Let me begin with I think this is the year we hang #8. We are the team to beat in this tournament, we won the regular season in the toughest confrence in all of the NC$$. Now people are going to bring up the argument, "Not after last weekend, were not the team to beat." Oh we still are the team to beat IMO because last weekend meant very little in the Big Picture because if UND had won the tournament they would probably be playing in a tougher bracket than they are. Come National Tournament time on Friday the guys in the locker room are going to be so tuned in and ready to play SIOUX HOCKEY  that their wont even be a smidgen of rememberance from last weekend. Now every game is 1-and-done and the guys know it, so they are going to leave it all out on the ice and skate to #8.

BOOM #8 !!!

Outside the Eichel line, I don't find BU that intimidating, even in Boston. I believe we have the defensive players to give that line problems also. I'd honestly be more worried about Duluth coming out of that Region.

Agreed, more concerned with just the fact that we don't play as well heading East. I don't know if it is a travel thing, or what. That being said, I really see that region wide open. Goofs have been hitting their stride too, but that could just be a product of playing in the "Big Ten Intramural Conference". This is why this time of year is so great; it is a wide open field.

Agreed, more concerned with just the fact that we don't play as well heading East. I don't know if it is a travel thing, or what. That being said, I really see that region wide open. Goofs have been hitting their stride too, but that could just be a product of playing in the "Big Ten Intramural Conference". This is why this time of year is so great; it is a wide open field.

Agreed. Looking through the bracket, I have no idea who is going to win what game, which is also why I turn into the green version of Dr. Banner whenever I hear about the lack of "Natty's".

About not playing well when heading east..... you must be talking about the last several years, because we did win a regional in Worchester, and we did win 2 NCAA championships in Providence, and that's just going back to 97.

About not playing well when heading east..... you must be talking about the last several years, because we did win a regional in Worchester, and we did win 2 NCAA championships in Providence, and that's just going back to 97.

I was looking back about 10 years; roughly when Hak took over. I became a fan in '03 when I started at UND. Prior to that I cheered for the rodents (It was a dark time in my life :)) So basically, we have had some issues out East in the last 5-10 years.

I was looking back about 10 years; roughly when Hak took over. I became a fan in '03 when I started at UND. Prior to that I cheered for the rodents (It was a dark time in my life :)) So basically, we have had some issues out East in the last 5-10 years.

North Dakota won the Beanpot regional out east back in 2005 to advance to the WCHA tournament in Columbus...which led to the greatest Al Pearson bus ride in the history of Al Pearson bus rides!

North Dakota won the Beanpot regional out east back in 2005 to advance to the WCHA tournament in Columbus...

Yep, I mentioned the game against BU in my initial post. That was 10 years ago, since then we have struggled out east. Again, not implying that necessarily means anything for this year.Different year, different players, different team. Just saying that playing a tough BU team in there back yard would not be easy. Personally, I think if the guys play Sioux hockey, like they had been prior to last weekend, They will do just fine.

Maybe we just ask O'Donnell to get at least one goal in each game :)

Yep, I mentioned the game against BU in my initial post. That was 10 years ago, since then we have struggled out east. Again, not implying that necessarily means anything for this year.Different year, different players, different team. Just saying that playing a tough BU team in there back yard would not be easy. Personally, I think if the guys play Sioux hockey, like they had been prior to last weekend, They will do just fine.

Maybe we just ask O'Donnell to get at least one goal in each game :)

BTW thanks alot Mafia. I remember watching the game against BU that year, and you made me realize it was TEN YEARS AGO!!!! I was getting drunk in a dorm room with buddies; this weekend I'll be watching while trying to get my kids down to bed, then probably going to sleep shortly after the game. Haha, not complaining at all, but where the hell did 10 years go?

I love your optimism, I hope it is well-placed.