SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

Mariucci? Calling Mariucci?

Woah, how'd you do that?  :lol:

If UND ends up having to play Minnesota in Fargo, so be it. Either way, UND is going to have to beat good teams to win another national championship. I wouldn't mind if the boys exorcised some of their demons from last year.

With that said, season isn't even over yet. Western Michigan is not going to be a slouch.

so far they still think MN will end up in Fargo....I like the looks of Mankato's schedule....Mich Tech and Bemidji....if we end up #1 overall I don't think the Gophers end up in Fargo:

If UND ends up #1, they will play Robert Morris in the 1st round (or whoever the AHA auto bid is).

Still a ton of season to be played.  UND could end up as #1 overall or slip to a #2 seed.

UMN could end up out of the tourney or as a #3 seed...who knows.

Will be interesting to see how this tourney shapes up.

The night to sit LJ has passed...he will be in the lineup.

I agree that the Poolman experiment upfront is over.  He brings nothing but a banger body to that first line...I might actually put Chyzyk up on that first line...he is playing pretty good hockey...

Chyzyk with Mac and Parks

LJ with Jewels and Schmaltz

Olson with Pattyn and St Clair

OD with Gaarder and Poggo

I really like those dpairs you put out

I agree. I think he was on the verge of sitting on Saturday after he took that ridiculously stupid penalty and then he ends up with 2 helpers after that.

Any guy who has to have his name in parentheses to realize who he is, frankly doesn't matter ;)

His name ain't Hootie.

Saw a concert at Midway Stadium several years ago and some girl kept hollering "I love you Hootie" and "whoooo Hootie" between every song and he finally stops and annoyingly looks at her and says "My name ain't Hootie"

Sioux sweep. I've heard over and over that WMU is playing so good or playing better than record. Not even .500 in last 6 games and exactly that overall 12-12-4. You are your record. No bad lapses and sioux sweep Broncos in their barn. Not an easy task at all but they are the better team. Solid weekend from zane and its 6 tough road points.

Sounds like it will be a full house with the sioux in town. Would like to get to western for a series someday soon.

Sioux sweep. I've heard over and over that WMU is playing so good or playing better than record. Not even .500 in last 6 games and exactly that overall 12-12-4. You are your record. No bad lapses and sioux sweep Broncos in their barn. Not an easy task at all but they are the better team. Solid weekend from zane and its 6 tough road points.

Agree...Zane, if he plays like he can and should, will be the difference.

Sioux sweep.

Sounds like it will be a full house with the sioux in town. Would like to get to western for a series someday soon.

Agreed, I feel a road sweep coming on.  Thought I felt one when they traveled to Omaha...but this is crunch time.  The Seniors will step up yet again, Zane bricks the corners down, and we come home with six hard earned, gritty road points.  A couple of greasy goals won't hurt.  It's time to get our D-men back on the scoreboard too.  Some big bombs from the high slot would fill the bill.

Also agree that I'd like a trip to Kalamazoo...looks like a good atmosphere (student section rowdy enough) and who doesn't want to say that they've been to Kalamazoo at least once?

His name ain't Hootie.

Saw a concert at Midway Stadium several years ago and some girl kept hollering "I love you Hootie" and "whoooo Hootie" between every song and he finally stops and annoyingly looks at her and says "My name ain't Hootie"

Lol well, since I winked " ;) " I figured most would understand I was kidding.

so far they still think MN will end up in Fargo....I like the looks of Mankato's schedule....Mich Tech and Bemidji....if we end up #1 overall I don't think the Gophers end up in Fargo:

This week’s brackets

East Regional (Providence):

14 Yale vs. 3 Boston University

12 Providence vs. 6 Miami

Northeast Regional (Manchester):

15 Harvard vs. 4 Minnesota-Duluth

12 Boston College vs. 5 Omaha

Midwest Regional (South Bend):

16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State

9 Denver vs. 8 Bowling Green

West Regional (Fargo):

13 Minnesota vs. 2 North Dakota

10 Quinnipiac vs. 7 Michigan Tech

Good lord that South Bend regional gonna have 15 people there. I know it's been said on here before, but if Michigan makes the tourney, they HAVE to be going to South Bend, don't they? That regional is gonna be so bare.

Good lord that South Bend regional gonna have 15 people there. I know it's been said on here before, but if Michigan makes the tourney, they HAVE to be going to South Bend, don't they? That regional is gonna be so bare.

Yeah but just think how NEUTRAL it will be? It'll be the best neutral site in the history of the NCAA Tourney. 

No one will even think of having any sort of proposterous advantage for anything done in the regular season... and isn't that what we're really after? :silly:

• Upvote 3

Yeah but just think how NEUTRAL it will be? It'll be the best neutral site in the history of the NCAA Tourney. 

No one will even think of having any sort of proposterous advantage for anything done in the regular season... and isn't that what we're really after? :silly:

And be able to have conversations with all the people in the rink in one period lol.

I see us going into their barn and coming away with 6 points. Our D-men are playing great and will continue with Stetcher leading the way. Not sure if Cagguila will be playing after hearing he was walking around with crutches, but I feel a lot of goals will be scored this weekend. Would like to see Poolman get back on the board. Gaarder is definitely in need to a goal as well.