SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

Are we improving ?

Idk. We have four consistent lines, which is good, but our small, little plays and transitions on the ice hasn't inproved.

Our best game of the year I saw and in person too was Friday night against Miami. We got the D involved in the offensive zone and made great little plays for a full 60.

I think 27 and 8 need to get hot soon. Be nice if Jordan S. and Ladue could cash in a on a goal too, to boost their confidence.

Idk. We have four consistent lines, which is good, but our small, little plays and transitions on the ice hasn't inproved.

Our best game of the year I saw and in person too was Friday night against Miami. We got the D involved in the offensive zone and made great little plays for a full 60.

I think 27 and 8 need to get hot soon. Be nice if Jordan S. and Ladue could cash in a on a goal too, to boost their confidence.

Thing that I think has been a common thread we've heard from the players is that they have yet to "play their best hockey." Two things about this...

1) We have six losses this year and have yet to "play our best hockey." That's exciting.

2) We need to get to that level soon and very soon. Getting close to one-and-done time. That's scary.

But, if we do ..... :)

27 is on a 5-game point streak. He may not be scoring goals, but he's contributing.

• Upvote 1

I see six conference games and conference playoffs long before any game is played in the West Regional. 

I guess I only see one game: Friday at Western Michigan. 

Awww jeees, cmon. Lol we're fans.Short for fanatics. Its our job to speculate and prognosticate let the important stuff be left to the players and coaches.

• Upvote 1

Schmaltz-Mark Mac-Parks

Chyzyk-Caggiula-Simonson

Pattyn-St.Clair-Olson

O'Donnel-Gaarder-Poganski

I have no idea why Olson has been a healthy scratch and i know Simonson won't play over Johnson but these lines look good to me. Or you could switch Olson and Simonson around.

Poolman-Scmaltz

Ladue-Mattson

Stecher-Ausmus

Thought id put Poolman back at D to get Olson back in the line-up. So my lines for W. Michigan

The night to sit LJ has passed...he will be in the lineup.

I agree that the Poolman experiment upfront is over.  He brings nothing but a banger body to that first line...I might actually put Chyzyk up on that first line...he is playing pretty good hockey...

Chyzyk with Mac and Parks

LJ with Jewels and Schmaltz

Olson with Pattyn and St Clair

OD with Gaarder and Poggo

I really like those dpairs you put out

• Upvote 1

The night to sit LJ has passed...he will be in the lineup.

I agree that the Poolman experiment upfront is over. He brings nothing but a banger body to that first line...I might actually put Chyzyk up on that first line...he is playing pretty good hockey...

Chyzyk with Mac and Parks

LJ with Jewels and Schmaltz

Olson with Pattyn and St Clair

OD with Gaarder and Poggo

I really like those dpairs you put out

I'm trying to remember who was with Parks and Mac earlier this year. If my memory serves wasn't Caggiula with them for a few games where they were clicking really well and super dynamic?

I agree lately Poolman is not contributing to scoring chances on our top line. Maybe he needs to be moved to another line?

The problem with moving him back to D is both Thompson and Mattson are playing really well right now so I think it would be a bad Idea to sit one of them. This means keep Poolman up because he is such a strong presence on the ice.

If you did move him back I honestly think the guy that has to sit is Ladue. Not because he is playing poorly by any means. I just think he is the guy you loose the least with at this time. Go ahead and light me up for that one...

After you're done I'll say this, I think Ladue needs to be on the ice so I guess that puts Poolman right back up front...

Schmaltz-Mark Mac-Parks

Chyzyk-Caggiula-Simonson

Pattyn-St.Clair-Olson

O'Donnel-Gaarder-Poganski

I have no idea why Olson has been a healthy scratch and i know Simonson won't play over Johnson but these lines look good to me. Or you could switch Olson and Simonson around.

Poolman-Scmaltz

Ladue-Mattson

Stecher-Ausmus

Thought id put Poolman back at D to get Olson back in the line-up. So my lines for W. Michigan

Thompson has been a very solid dman the past several weeks (I believe he won NCHC dman of the week several weeks ago) he can't sit.  Also, although 27 takes one absoutely moronic offensive zone stick penalty a game....he's hot. He won't sit either.  Somehow Poolman either needs to play a bottom six forward role or move back to D.  He hustles but he doesn't bring much offensively to Parks or Mac.

Now if we could get him to quit taking stupid, SELFISH penalties. :sad:

It seems like every time he takes a stupid unforced penalty the puck ends up in our net.

Your are correct.

He took a lot of penalties with his stick which is a result of him not moving his feet and players blowing by him. That said, I noticed he was skating with more quickness and purpose this weekend. Maybe he was a little banged up and could not keep pace with the speed of the game.

@SchlossmanGF: Western Michigan forward Mike McKee also gets a one-game suspension for a hit on Saturday, will miss series opener vs. UND on Friday.

On the roster, McKee looks like he's a giant defenseman, not a forward.

Only point being, usually it is tougher to replace a dman than a bottom 6 forward