SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

ABSOLUTELY. Teams who win a national title don't sweep anyone in the tournament. One game at a time. We are good enough to win one game against anyone in the country on any single night.

What makes me nervous is the team tends to struggle more in the first game against teams, then adjusts well the second night. Once you hit the tournament you don't get multiple games to make adjustments, so they better come out on first right away.

I hoow not. Olson is a banger and has 3 goals. Simo can win face offs and has a goose eggs for goals.

I'd stick with Olson. He belongs in our line up. We are harder to play against with him in it. Fact.

Simonson was the player specifically mentioned by Hak as the player who has earned being in the line-up, they just haven't found the spot to get him in.  It could change this week, but that was how it stood last week.

What makes me nervous is the team tends to struggle more in the first game against teams, then adjusts well the second night. Once you hit the tournament you don't get multiple games to make adjustments, so they better come out on first right away.

Came out flying against Denver on Friday, so that's promising.

• Upvote 1

If Olson doesn't get mono he probably never sits. Poolman probaby doesnt make the permanent move then and two of those d men are platooning nightly more than likey until playoff time. Since they have been winning that makes it even harder to make any moves imo. Simo and Olson can play tough nosed and will play many games at UND. Olson has a MALONE game in the making! The 6 D probably won't change if at all but I wouldn't mind seeing more poolman on point on PP. He can release that bomb of a shot! Go Sioux sweep western!!

Ideal poolman back to D and Olson in. Then it's pick a d man to sit out of a few guys

If Olson doesn't get mono he probably never sits. Poolman probaby doesnt make the permanent move then and two of those d men are platooning nightly more than likey until playoff time. Since they have been winning that makes it even harder to make any moves imo. Simo and Olson can play tough nosed and will play many games at UND. Olson has a MALONE game in the making! The 6 D probably won't change if at all but I wouldn't mind seeing more poolman on point on PP. He can release that bomb of a shot! Go Sioux sweep western!!

Ideal poolman back to D and Olson in. Then it's pick a d man to sit out of a few guys

Did Poolman get any PP time against Denver?

The assists I can see, the goals I don't. He has to take a shot to score a goal....

The kid loves to pass. But, the coaches are obviously getting this in his head that he needs to shoot. Lately he's done a lot better job of getting to the net using his speed and skill. My point is, since he's playing a slower (not slow, but slower than UND) team, he'll have a bit more space to drive the net. I think he pots a few this weekend. Confidence is huge for a kid like Schmaltz. If he gets one on a big shot, he'll shoot more and naturally, score more.

The kid loves to pass. But, the coaches are obviously getting this in his head that he needs to shoot. Lately he's done a lot better job of getting to the net using his speed and skill. My point is, since he's playing a slower (not slow, but slower than UND) team, he'll have a bit more space to drive the net. I think he pots a few this weekend. Confidence is huge for a kid like Schmaltz. If he gets one on a big shot, he'll shoot more and naturally, score more.

He can get that toe drag wrist shot off really quick, like Kristo-esque in his senior year. I saw him do it a few times in World Juniors.

The toe drag he made around the DU player that lead to the 3rd goal Friday night was unreal, I had to watch the replay at least 10 times to believe it.

He can get that toe drag wrist shot off really quick, like Kristo-esque in his senior year. I saw him do it a few times in World Juniors.

The toe drag he made around the DU player that lead to the 3rd goal Friday night was unreal, I had to watch the replay at least 10 times to believe it.

Exactly. That's why I think he could have a lot of success against a team like WMU.