SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

I think there'll be less room this weekend than most, with goals more likely to result from point shots through traffic and rebounds.

Yeah, I think WMU will do their best to slow us down, but CC tried it and once we starting playmaking with speed, we took over. I see the same series. Just my $.02.

Yeah, I think WMU will do their best to slow us down, but CC tried it and once we starting playmaking with speed, we took over. I see the same series. Just my $.02.

There's a pretty big difference between WMU and CC, in my opinion.  At least this year there is.

Does anyone know what the walk up ticket situation for this series will be.  I would like to drive over from Chicago but that would be weather dependent.  Forecast looks somewhat ok but do not want to shell out the money for four tickets until the weekend comes.

Does anyone know what the walk up ticket situation for this series will be.  I would like to drive over from Chicago but that would be weather dependent.  Forecast looks somewhat ok but do not want to shell out the money for four tickets until the weekend comes.

As of today, less than 200 + standing room

Few tickets, standing room only available for WMU hockey series vs No. 1 North Dakota:

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2015/02/few_tickets_standing_room_only.html#incart_river

I'm sure you would be able to scalp a couple...

On Area Voices Schlossman said he is a defenseman turned forward.

McKee is a forward, started the transition last season about half way through. His game is getting more refined, but it is still work in progress. He is a beast though:

Western Michigan forward Mike McKee, a Detroit Red Wings prospect, developing into productive grinder

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2015/02/western_michigan_defenseman_mi.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

He can get that toe drag wrist shot off really quick, like Kristo-esque in his senior year. I saw him do it a few times in World Juniors.

The toe drag he made around the DU player that lead to the 3rd goal Friday night was unreal, I had to watch the replay at least 10 times to believe it.

I thought the same thing. I think thats the longest or widest toe drag iv ever seen if that how you want to put it, how he keep the puck on his stick was unreal. He did it so fast and natural looking that i dont think the DU kid knew what happened. I was wondering to myself where has this been all year lol

I think the allotment per participating team was something like 500. The place holds about 5,000. The way sales have already went, at worst it will be 70% UND fans regardless of who else makes it. The other 30% on how many tickets get returned from participating teams allotment. Don't see any other team having much more than the 10% they are allotted unless they pay big bucks on the secondary market or are very quick on jumping on returned tickets.

Just a hunch, but I see Lucia whining to the NCAA and not having to go to Fargo. There is no way they want any part of the Fargo Regional.
  • Upvote 2

Just a hunch, but I see Lucia whining to the NCAA and not having to go to Fargo. There is no way they want any part of the Fargo Regional.

With the year the Gophers have had they will gladly take any regional.  I would like to go to Fargo and end UND's season yet again. :D  But UND fans who want the Gophers to be there should be careful of what they wish for.  It would remind me of the 2007 regional in Denver when the Gophers were a 1 seed and UND was 3 seed but we all knew it was a toss up at that point.  The only reason UND was a 3rd seed is because it took half a year to get going but at the end of the year UND was as good as anyone.  Now these Gophers still have a ways to go before we can say they are entirely back on track but if they make the tourney they will be going in with tons of momentum and will be the last team that anyone wants to play. 

so far they still think MN will end up in Fargo....I like the looks of Mankato's schedule....Mich Tech and Bemidji....if we end up #1 overall I don't think the Gophers end up in Fargo:

This week’s brackets

East Regional (Providence):
14 Yale vs. 3 Boston University
12 Providence vs. 6 Miami

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
15 Harvard vs. 4 Minnesota-Duluth
12 Boston College vs. 5 Omaha

Midwest Regional (South Bend):
16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State
9 Denver vs. 8 Bowling Green

West Regional (Fargo):
13 Minnesota vs. 2 North Dakota