SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

UND had a win and a tie(in the books) this weekend vs du. Western split on the road in Omaha.

These teams haven't met this season

Western is 2-3-1 in last 6.

TV - FRIDAY(CBSsports)

Three weekends left until playoffs

@wmu

Scsu

@miami

MIAMI 35

UNO 35

UND 35

UMD 31

DU 29

SCSU 25

WMU 22

CC 4

UND(2nd pairwise)

20-6-3

11-5-2-0 NCHC

Stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/north-dakota/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

WMU (23rd pairwise)

12-12-4

5-9-4-3 NCHC

Stats

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/western-michigan/mens-hockey/2014-2015/

We need a sweep. So far our only sweeps are against bottom feeders. Makes me nervous going into tourney time. Need to play a complete 120 here soon.

We played well enough to sweep this weekend but that BS no goal call really screwed us over. 4-2 game changes everything. The play is really promising from the team though.

My biggest worry with this team is they still can't sweep a weekend against a top ten team.  The last time we did was in fall of 2011 when we swept 4th rank CC, and that CC team didn't even end up making the tourney that year.  The last time we swept a top ten team prior to that was at home against Duluth in February of 2010...five years ago.  The good news is, we rarely get swept ourselves.

This year we have a great record, but haven't swept anybody decent at all.  When it comes to tourney time, we have to figure out a way to beat 4 great teams, and unfortunately, I think it will end in heartbreak again.  I don't want it to end that way, and I think our team can beat the good teams, but can they do it four times in a row.  We'll see.

I remember someone a few years ago mentioning that one of the big trends in winning it all was keeping your losses under ten.  We're in good position to do that, but have to take care of business.

My biggest worry with this team is they still can't sweep a weekend against a top ten team.  The last time we did was in fall of 2011 when we swept 4th rank CC, and that CC team didn't even end up making the tourney that year.  The last time we swept a top ten team prior to that was at home against Duluth in February of 2010...five years ago.  The good news is, we rarely get swept ourselves.

This year we have a great record, but haven't swept anybody decent at all.  When it comes to tourney time, we have to figure out a way to beat 4 great teams, and unfortunately, I think it will end in heartbreak again.  I don't want it to end that way, and I think our team can beat the good teams, but can they do it four times in a row.  We'll see.

I remember someone a few years ago mentioning that one of the big trends in winning it all was keeping your losses under ten.  We're in good position to do that, but have to take care of business.

To be fair, I think it's easier to beat two different good teams on back to back nights than to beat the same good team twice. 

• Upvote 1

We played well enough to sweep this weekend but that BS no goal call really screwed us over. 4-2 game changes everything. The play is really promising from the team though.

I do agree with u on that. Right when that happened I believe I noted that no goal would affect the outcome of the game....and it did. Too bad for the boys, that should have been a huge sweep.

To be fair, I think it's easier to beat two different good teams on back to back nights than to beat the same good team twice. 

ABSOLUTELY. Teams who win a national title don't sweep anyone in the tournament. One game at a time. We are good enough to win one game against anyone in the country on any single night.

ABSOLUTELY. Teams who win a national title don't sweep anyone in the tournament. One game at a time. We are good enough to win one game against anyone in the country on any single night.

I think the atmosphere in Scheels Arena is going to be incredible.  With all the standing room areas, people are going to really be into the game, and with all the fans packed into a smaller arena, it is going to be loud.  Hopefully that atmosphere translates to the adrenaline on the ice. 

I think the atmosphere in Scheels Arena is going to be incredible.  With all the standing room areas, people are going to really be into the game, and with all the fans packed into a smaller arena, it is going to be loud.  Hopefully that atmosphere translates to the adrenaline on the ice. 

Agreed. We'll have every advantage and frankly, don't have an excuse not to get to Boston. We are one of the best teams in the country, if not the best and we will be essentially at home. So pumped.

So, this regional has been sold out almost immediately after sales opened. What percentage of those tickets could be expected to be be UND fans? Also, how many tickets are saved/allotted for each participating team?

If UMN is there I'd expect maybe 25% UMN fans, 70% UND, 5% other.  If UMN isn't there, I'd probably say 90-95% UND fans.  

If UMN is there I'd expect maybe 25% UMN fans, 70% UND, 5% other.  If UMN isn't there, I'd probably say 90-95% UND fans.  

I think the allotment per participating team was something like 500.  The place holds about 5,000.  The way sales have already went, at worst it will be 70% UND fans regardless of who else makes it.  The other 30% on how many tickets get returned from participating teams allotment.  Don't see any other team having much more than the 10% they are allotted unless they pay big bucks on the secondary market or are very quick on jumping on returned tickets.

I think the allotment per participating team was something like 500.  The place holds about 5,000.  The way sales have already went, at worst it will be 70% UND fans regardless of who else makes it.  The other 30% on how many tickets get returned from participating teams allotment.  Don't see any other team having much more than the 10% they are allotted unless they pay big bucks on the secondary market or are very quick on jumping on returned tickets.

Ill say 75%+ Sioux fans, also not sure there will even be much of a secondary market on these.

Math brain in overdrive this morning.  Read at your own risk:

Reserve tickets for the schools had to be held at even numbers.  Pre-season, we weren't guaranteed to make the tourney (see last year's final night drama), so, at 500 per school, 2,000 tickets still will be put up for sale.  Since we now know our boys are getting in, that's 500 more Sioux fans.  We're up to 3,500 out of 5,000 (est), or 70%, before the other teams' returns even start.  Even if each other school uses 1/2, that's 750 more available.  If all 750 go to Sioux fans, 4,250 out of 5,000, or 85% will be cheering for one team.  Might be a small home ice advantage...

Yeah I guess I'm thinking of some UMN fans that have some cash to burn will offer on of the other team's fans a few hundred dollars to stay home and watch the game, they may get some tix off the secondary market.  

Myself, I wouldn't sell my tickets for $1,000.

Yeah I guess I'm thinking of some UMN fans that have some cash to burn will offer on of the other team's fans a few hundred dollars to stay home and watch the game, they may get some tix off the secondary market.  

Myself, I wouldn't sell my tickets for $1,000.

$1,001? :) I could sell the two Frozen Faceoff tickets I have locked away in my fireproof safe ;) hahaha.