SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX at UNO(UND wanna bes haha) Friday game thr

Emerald joker

Ortega is quickly becoming a hated, cheap player.

First the dumb comments before the UND/UNO series at the REA, and now that cheap dive in OT.

I can't believe that they gave them a 5x3 in OT.

Statement game tomorrow.

I want Ortega pounded into the ice and a 5-1 Sioux win.

Officials completely handed UNO the game in OT I never saw the roughing call but the MacMillan cross check was pathetic and something UNO had got away with on every PK. I thought the Sioux were the better team tonight and liked the way we played tonight for the most part just gotta be able to finish on more really good chances. I don't care who their coach is Omaha is a borderline dirty team and they were lucky they didn't get called for more penalties with the constant slashing and cross checking in front as well as getting away with interference on almost every dump in.

Two huge pipes, two pucks lying in the crease a 5x3 in OT and a goalie playing out of his mind and you get a loss.

We didn't play well, but we absolutely dominated the second half of the second and all of the third. Other than a 10 min span in the first and early second, we were the better team.

Omaha brought their best game and needed a 5x3 winner in OT. We're better than them and I'm not gonna be shy to say it.

Gonna see a FIRED UP team tomorrow. Step on the throat. Throttle this team. I'm calling blow out tomorrow, 6-1 UND.

I also blame gfhockey for this loss. Everyone and their mother knew this was a HUGE game and he doesn't start the game day thread when he has explicitly said he'd do it only for big/important games.

Thanks a lot gfhockey!

Nah, for some odd reason Emeralds been starting them at like noon. Everyone knows gf isn't up by then.

Officials completely handed UNO the game in OT I never saw the roughing call but the MacMillan cross check was pathetic and something UNO had got away with on every PK. I thought the Sioux were the better team tonight and liked the way we played tonight for the most part just gotta be able to finish on more really good chances. I don't care who their coach is Omaha is a borderline dirty team and they were lucky they didn't get called for more penalties with the constant slashing and cross checking in front as well as getting away with interference on almost every dump in.

This has become a tired refrain with this team during the Hakstol era.  If we finish more of our chances, the game never goes to overtime in the first place.

I also blame gfhockey for this loss. Everyone and their mother knew this was a HUGE game and he doesn't start the game day thread when he has explicitly said he'd do it only for big/important games.

Thanks a lot gfhockey!

I also blame gfhockey for going out and saying he will not start a game day thread because of his love affair for Dean Blais.

Fire Brad Berry for his piss poor power play he's in charge of.

Two huge pipes, two pucks lying in the crease a 5x3 in OT and a goalie playing out of his mind and you get a loss.

We didn't play well, but we absolutely dominated the second half of the second and all of the third. Other than a 10 min span in the first and early second, we were the better team.

Omaha brought their best game and needed a 5x3 winner in OT. We're better than them and I'm not gonna be shy to say it.

Gonna see a FIRED UP team tomorrow. Step on the throat. Throttle this team. I'm calling blow out tomorrow, 6-1 UND.

Geez, I hope you're right because this loss to THAT team in the WAY it was lost about made me puke!!

But not tonight though - who do you think will win a championship first - Hak or Blais?

1. UND was 2 pipes and a couple of lucky bounces on Massa away from winning this game by 2-3 goals.  IMO they came ready to play.

2. I highly doubt that Blais will win a national title in Omaha.  He puts together some quality teams, but none have done well in the postseason.  Plus, he'll be retiring soon.