SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX at UNO(UND wanna bes haha) Friday game thr

Emerald joker

Huh?

Read what I was replying too and then if you listened to Hak, he played the refs really worked us over on this one without saying it.  "We deserved better" was his exact wording.  My rebutal, goalie let in a soft goal and it ended up costing you the game.   There was time after time that the boys had great chances and hit the pipe.  Hak was out Blaised by Blaise throwing his temper tantrum on the bench which bought him a 5x3 game winner. 

at what level? ???? The whole game gave the refs an opportunity to call penalties it was a physical great game, that was a brutal finish that the refs decided the outcome!!!

Mites to High school. Again why give the refs a chance to make a call. Neither penalty would of saved a potential goal.

But there was no scramble on this particular play, and the puck was nowhere near the crease. The puck was slowly rolling to a vacant corner, and if Mac hustles over there instead of hitting Ortega he gets the puck and clears the zone.

Gotta be smarter than that.

What if Mac hustles over there to try to clear the zone but a UNO player beats him to it and passes the puck to the now wide-open Ortega in front?

Mac is the center...he's gotta cover that man, not go into the corner and leave Ortega to chill in front of Zane.

Read what I was replying too and then if you listened to Hak, he played the refs really worked us over on this one without saying it. We deserved better. My rebutal, goalie let in a soft goal and it ended up costing you the game. There was time after time that the boys had great chances and hit the pipe. Hak was out Blaised by Blaise throwing his temper tantrum on the bench which bought him a 5x3 game winner.

Gotch ya. Can't wait to see our response tomorrow. Honestly, I'm expecting our best 60 of the season.

But there was no scramble on this particular play, and the puck was nowhere near the crease. The puck was slowly rolling to a vacant corner, and if Mac hustles over there instead of hitting Ortega he gets the puck and clears the zone.

Mac is playing center on a 5-4 pk situation.  His responsibility is the front of the net- if he chases a loose puck into the corner, he takes himself out of position and leaves a goal scorer alone in the low slot.  

Stepping back for a little perspective, it's hard to blame the refs when the Sioux were on the power play for half the third period.  On the other hand, there were times on those power plays where UND players were hacked and tackled to the ice with no second call, and those were acts that interfered with play, causing lost possession.

Mac is playing center on a 5-4 pk situation. His responsibility is the front of the net- if he chases a loose puck into the corner, he takes himself out of position and leaves a goal scorer alone in the low slot.

Sorry, but all five Omaha skaters were on the far side and there was no threat. Mac cross-checked him on his way to the puck. Just go get the puck.

Sorry, but all five Omaha skaters were on the far side and there was no threat. Mac cross-checked him on his way to the puck. Just go get the puck.

All five Omaha skaters were on one side of the ice?  Ortega was in front of the net...and you're telling me that Omaha was completely out of position as well?  Chasing the puck like mites?  I didn't tape it, but i can't believe that they would do that- 

I like that the sentiment is this team will come out pissed off. This only works if they can keep the emotions under control. The seniors have to make sure that they lead by example, which is one reason I hated the Mac penalty in OT.

I didn't mean to imply it as a revenge or physical thing. I meant it as a statement that "we are the better team and you didn't deserve to beat us last night" kind of thing.

I didn't mean to imply it as a revenge or physical thing.

I did.  Pound Ortega so hard that he wishes that he would have stuck with curling.

And then win the game too.

By multiple goals.

I want Blais to be throwing water bottles on the bench at least 3 times per period.

• Upvote 1

But why cross-check him?

Exactly. Mac was an idiot.  That play right in front of the net is going to be called EVERY time.  You're a SENIOR, you're an assistant CAPTAIN, and your team was already SHORT HANDED.   Pull your head out tomorrow Mac,because you cost us the game tonight. 

Stepping back for a little perspective, it's hard to blame the refs when the Sioux were on the power play for half the third period.  On the other hand, there were times on those power plays where UND players were hacked and tackled to the ice with no second call, and those were acts that interfered with play, causing lost possession.

Mac had at least one play during the game that should have been another embellishment and Parks had one too tonight.  The later calls may have been makeups for what should have been uncalled earlier.

All five Omaha skaters were on one side of the ice? Ortega was in front of the net...and you're telling me that Omaha was completely out of position as well? Chasing the puck like mites? I didn't tape it, but i can't believe that they would do that-

Yep. By the time Mac got to the puck in the corner after knocking Ortega down, the nearest Omaha guy had only made it back to the top of the near circle.

This much I agree with. Thought the call should have went both ways at the least, but I think this should have been an opportunity for Hakstol to express in big games like this and the NCAA tourney, don't give the refs that opportunity. Macmillan had taken bad penalties that almost cost us one game in the tourney 2 years ago and killed our chance to come back in the other. Also had a bad one vs. Wisconsin in regional last year but made up for it with the shot off his body for the winner. I wonder if Hak expressed to them before o.t. to watch their step because of the possibility of a makeup call. I know I was expecting one if there was anything close, but certainly didn't expect two. Hopefully they can get the win tomorrow and learn from this in games that have even bigger consequences down the road. You would expect a little more consistency in a game for first place though.