SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX at UNO(UND wanna bes haha) Friday game thr

Emerald joker

Sioux played a good game but not good enough and unfortunately it got to the point it did in ot for the refs to decide the game. If und could have converted another on one of their many power play opportunities ot would have never happened. Uno seemed to press hard on the pk but und's gotta convert these.

I guess I don't think much of this loss. We lost to a good team on the road. Its not like its something unheard of. We played well for stretches but just didn't seem in sync during stretches of the game. Really not worried.

This is not an acceptable position, it's black or white on this site! So either fire everyone or give them raises after each game! :)

This is not an acceptable position, it's black or white on this site! So either fire everyone or give them raises after each game! :)

You forgot that every player needs to sit.  We root for North Dakota because it's players are supposed to be infallible.

I guess I don't think much of this loss. We lost to a good team on the road. Its not like its something unheard of. We played well for stretches but just didn't seem in sync during stretches of the game. Really not worried.

I've never seen a 5x3 in ot

Seriously though, I thought we started off looking really good in the 1st with tons of chances we ether whiffed on or tried to get too cute with. Then UNO took over until a little ways into the 2nd. After that it was all UND and it's amazing we only scored 2 goals. Those 2 pipes were the only time I've been absolutely sure 2 pucks went in only to see they hit post and went out.

Then Caggiula scores with 30 seconds and it feels like the air force game all over again. Except this time it's against a legitimate contending team. In OT I thought the first penalty was warranted but Ortega was so soft on his skates all game I'm surprised they gave them a 5 on 3. I understand people saying don't give the refs the chance to make that call but the guys standing right in front of your net. Should Mac whisper sweet nothings in his ear to be sure a penalty isn't called? There's a line you have to play on when you're already down a man. The 5 on 3 at the end of 65 minutes essentially handed UNO the game so I was not surprised to see them score. Our guys were gassed, as they should be after playing such a game.

Then to top it all off, Ortega comes out for the interview and states "the penalties weren't even close". That would earn a player a fine in most pro leagues and was a classless thing to do on his part after just scoring the game winner in the "biggest game in UNO history".

But its all history and we are still in fine position despite the disappointment. Go get em tonight, Let's Go Sioux!

Outside of the officiating let's not over look the fact that the 2 goals Zane gave up where hardly snipes....he got a piece of both but didn't stop either. UNO had maybe 2-3 good scoring chances in the final 30 minutes of regulation.

Massa got lucky a couple times but he was the difference last night.

Outside of the officiating let's not over look the fact that the 2 goals Zane gave up where hardly snipes....he got a piece of both but didn't stop either. UNO had maybe 2-3 good scoring chances in the final 30 minutes of regulation.

Massa got lucky a couple times but he was the difference last night.

To his credit, Zane held down the fort pretty well from 5 minutes into the first through the end of the period.

And I think he only lost his stick once last night! :-)

Wow....23 pages......if the Sioux lose tonight either that will double or there will be absolutely no posts after the final buzzer.

Like I said last night, I think everyone is just really pissed. We deserved better last night and I think we get it in a big way tonight

Mites to High school. Again why give the refs a chance to make a call. Neither penalty would of saved a potential goal.

Well, that explains a lot. If you haven't won a natty, you don't know anything about hockey.

Totally agree with you on the Mac call. Why even give the ref the chance to make the call? I swear, some folks here would still be screaming about a second penalty in OT being called even if Mac had taken one of his skates off and smacked Ortega in the helmet with the blade!

• Upvote 1

I sit 24 tonight and send a message-

Poolman moves back and takes his spot. Insert Simonson.

Scoring: Mac, Parks, N.Schmaltz

Scoring: Jewels, LJ, Chyzyk

Energy: Pattyn, St Clair, Simonson

Energy: Gaarder, OD, Pogo

Love the lines. Wish Olson were here. Not sure why you thought 24 played so poorly last night. Also he's been very good over the past 10, why would you think of sitting him? That's borderline crazy.